1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is the value of links?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by alexpr07, Mar 11, 2012.

Can someone tell me the market price of PR2, PR3, PR4 and etc... links? I have some websites and blogs and would like to sell links on them but don't know how much I should charge per month... Thanks.

alexpr07, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  2. DanishLinks

DanishLinks Peon

Best Answers:
    It depende on MANY things.

First be sure that the page you sell link on has PRX and it's not just the frontpage on the website.

ex. you will sell me a link on domain.tld/testing but it's only domain.tld that have PR3. Then the link from /testing is not as much value that from the frontpages.

But the pricing is depending on how much people will pay. In which category is the website? I know that gambling sites is very good paid for outlink

DanishLinks, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  3. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on what kind of links your talking about.
    Are they:
    Footer/Blogroll Links (pretty much worthless)
    Blogpost (contextual Links are the best) Are you going to write the article or is the buyer providing it?
    Age of your site
    Niche of your site
    Amount of traffic your site receives
    Page Rank of the page the Link will be placed on

You might have a hard time selling any other than maybe blogposts.

kjh-08, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  4. alexpr07

alexpr07 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I could sell links or banner space. I just want the average prices or a range. For example, is $10-$20 per month reasonable from a PR4 domain/page?

alexpr07, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  5. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah that doesn't sound bad. I would still like to know how many visitors you were getting monthly if I was buying advertising. People would pay double that for banner space if say you were getting 60,000 monthly visits compared to 3,000 visits. That's something you and the buyer would have to negotiate.

kjh-08, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  6. abhijittech

abhijittech Peon

Best Answers:
    I would talk differently. Don't always talk money, look for certain other benefits. A blogger can do many favors to you other than paying you. I have seen that these days most of the bloggers are ready to give away so many things other than money. For example: if you link a blogger, he can easily increase your FB fans by 100. This is just an example, there are many. I understand that you are looking for monetary transactions but if don't find that....don't forget to ask for the favors, a blogger can do for you in exchange for a link from your website.

Thanks,
    Abhijit

abhijittech, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  7. alexhepgurn

alexhepgurn Peon

Best Answers:
    Be aware that selling and buying links are illegal approaches as Google says. If you are involved in either selling or buying I am sure Google will penalize you.

Still if you intend to sell links from your sites, I would suggest you to build sites that help users to get some useful information else you are probably going to be diindexed from Google. There no sense of making sites only to sell links with no useful or sensible information. If you could act that you are linking as naturally then there are less chances that you will be penalized but still the quality of site does matter.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
    alexhepgurn, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  8. CindyFahnestockSchafer

CindyFahnestockSchafer Member

Best Answers:
    Wont you then have a problem if u are selling links that your site may indeed lose page rank or be penalized for having too many external links or outbound links? Maybe its not worth the few bucks if it costs you to lose page rank.

CindyFahnestockSchafer, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  9. blacknet

blacknet Active Member

Best Answers:
    PageRank doesn't have any value, you're looking at the wrong measurement

blacknet, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  10. alexpr07

alexpr07 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's good that you don't support selling links but there's a huge section on this forum dedicated to buying and selling links. I also heard rumors that Google could penalize for that but I think there's no harm to put links to sites relative to your niche... that's called blogroll and even Google blog (blogger) has it.... Links in posts are also highly valued, so if you write about different sites or businesses or ideas, why not put a link to that site? I really don't think that Google would penalize for that.... I mean all those blogs, PR and article sites seem to be doing fine.

Anyway, perhaps I'm talking to the wrong crowd here but I just wanted to know market price (range) for links or banner spots for various page rank sites. If I sell a banner spot - that would be a link too, but why should Google penalize me for it? What, now I'm not allowed to have advertisements on my sites? Plus, how does Google know, perhaps it's a link exchange....

alexpr07, Mar 14, 2012 IP
  11. kannikuku

kannikuku Peon

Best Answers:

you are right danishlinks

kannikuku, Mar 15, 2012 IP
  12. youloveme44

youloveme44 Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah rightttttttttttt

youloveme44, Mar 15, 2012 IP