1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Lots of traffic no online sales/HELP

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by sicka, Mar 11, 2012.

Hey guys I'm getting a bunch of traffic on my webpage but no converting sales online, i know my sales copy needs help, can someone direct me or give me some advice please? I'm getting leads offline but I want to optimize my website, cairnslocalmarketing.com

sicka, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  2. rheahold

rheahold Active Member

Best Answers:
    Where does your traffic come from? Knowing this could self answer your question.

rheahold, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  3. sicka

sicka Peon

Best Answers:
    where do I start, do you know any good copywriters?

sicka, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  4. ContentVisionz

ContentVisionz Peon

Best Answers:
    What is ur website name...

ContentVisionz, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  5. neodan

neodan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would stick away from templates. it really shows that you know what you are doing

neodan, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  6. mevora

mevora Member

Best Answers:
    Can you be a bit more specific ?

mevora, Mar 13, 2012 IP
  7. cynosurex

cynosurex Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe due to the name of your web site? Cairns Local Marketing . . . doesn't really associate itself with Internet and social marketing.

cynosurex, Mar 14, 2012 IP
  8. WebPromotica

WebPromotica Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Conversion optimization needed as it is the most annoying experience having visitors but no sales lead. Try to optimize your website following your competitors one or you can get help of website companies like webpromotica.com

WebPromotica, Mar 15, 2012 IP
  9. domainnamesalez

domainnamesalez Peon

Best Answers:
    Promoting your own company as an advice to someone looking for ideas, not a very good tactic I suppose.

domainnamesalez, Mar 15, 2012 IP
  10. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You might want to make sure your site works properly. Only one of Your Read More buttons works.

YMC, Mar 15, 2012 IP
  11. Sam Gilmore

Sam Gilmore Peon

Best Answers:
    Tell us your website name

Sam Gilmore, Mar 15, 2012 IP
  12. Charismatic Mannequin

Charismatic Mannequin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    One thing to say...

what sales copy? I looked around, and didn't really see much, if ANYTHING, that actually SELLS your site.

There's very little content on there, and sales copy is non-existant. I can help you, if you so wish.

Contact me either via email: benpalmerwilson(at)live(dot)com or Skype: ben.palmer.wilson

Look forward to hearing from you!

Ben Palmer-Wilson
    Freelance Copywriter​

Charismatic Mannequin, Mar 16, 2012 IP
  13. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's actually a very nice site, but your text needs a LOT of work.

Clearly you've done something right with SEO to get the hits you're getting (and your business name is a good one, directly targeting the people you want to be targeting - don't change that!)

The primary problem is that it's hard to know exactly what you can do for clients. People want to know right away that they are in the right place when they arrive. I forget the numbers exactly, but people make a decision about a site within a couple of seconds, and you need to shout about what you do right from the start. You should have something like "Increase your sales - promote your business locally like never before! Click here to read more..."

People are interested in statements of fact. They know that a website will help them, and they probably have one already. So you need to tell them why they need YOU, not something they already know about.

The next problem is all that text on the index page. Where you should be telling potential clients exactly what you can do for them in a concise and exciting way, you're stuffing it with keywords and repeating yourself - still not telling visitors what they need to know.

You've pinned down getting the visitors to your site, but you haven't addressed the fundamental task of explaining what you can do for those visitors.

Conran, Mar 17, 2012 IP
  14. seeworld

seeworld Guest

Best Answers:
    share your web url plz

seeworld, Mar 19, 2012 IP
  15. geegel

geegel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Fix the video first. It takes ages to load and once it does it shows a blank, black screen. If you're going through the video route, at least do it right.

Second of all, build a mailing list, and, no, a "Subscribe to our mailing list" form isn't it. Provide an incentive, like a free report.

Third of all, put a bigger accent on testimonials and/or actual examples. I know that you have a "portfolio" page, but most people will never reach it, so throw in a screenshot or something that a past customer said on the front page.

Fourth. There are way too many irrelevant exit points. Tighten the page and focus it more on the sales pitch.

Good luck with your business.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
    geegel, Mar 26, 2012 IP