1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

VidGrab.com - Great domain! Site to download videos directly from youtube, google...

Discussion in 'Sites' started by Scilynt, Nov 13, 2006.

Domain: www.VidGrab.com
    Registar: GoDaddy.com (free push)

Very simple and clean site with a nice video grab script. Grabs the raw files from google and flv from youtube. Very easy to use and should be easy to build a nice site around it or just leave it as is for a clean simple tool for your users. Would be an excellent site/tool to use along with a video hosting site.

Traffic: None really to post about. New site that hasn't been advertised

Revenue: None, no ads used yet (adsense ads are only image from google to give you and idea how it would look with ads).

Script: Script license is only for this one domain and is glued to the domain. No resell/distribution rights. So just to be clear, you can only use this script on this domain and not duplicate it on other sites of your own or resell. Limited support through email but for the most part it comes "as is" with no known updates as of yet. May be able to add features/other sites if wanted.

Post/PM any questions.

Starting bid: $47
    Increments: $5
    BIN: $247.

end date to be announce.

I recently sold a site with this script for $160 but continued to get even higher offers on it after it sold. I think there is a need for sites with this great script and decided to sell my copy of this on what I feel is an even better domain. Can't get much better than www.VidGrab.com. The script should be very easy to build around if you want to make a more content rich site or you could just leave as is and get a ton of traffic just with the tool itself. Would be a perfect fit for anyone with a video site where users can submit videos...this is a great easy way for them to get them to submit with ;).

Scilynt, Nov 13, 2006 IP
    doozyj likes this.
  2. The_Phantom

The_Phantom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 20
    Didn't work for me.

The_Phantom, Nov 13, 2006 IP
  3. doozyj

doozyj Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Works perfect for me. This guy obviously doesn't know about these scripts and is into trashing threads and just trashed my thread as well.

doozyj, Nov 13, 2006 IP
  4. The_Phantom

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 20
    I simply stated that your site didn't work, which it didn't. You should Fix Your Site before trying to Sell It.

[​IMG]

5. Scilynt

Scilynt Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    It's working for me as well. What link did you use to try to dl with?

Edit: are you saying the site itself didn't load or the script didn't work for you?

Scilynt, Nov 13, 2006 IP
  6. The_Phantom

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 20
    Sorry for not clarifying Scilynt. Yes, Your Site loaded fine. It was the script that didn't work.

doozyj..... stay in your own thread and go read some more of my "trash".

7. Scilynt

Scilynt Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Ok thanks. Can you provide the video link that didn't work for you so I can check and have my coder look at. It may be a variable that was changed by one of the sites (google, youtube) or something that should be easy to fix.

The script was originally only meant for google but I asked him to add a few others so assume there may be some quirks here and there but he is always fast to fix them.

Thanks for the input.

Scilynt, Nov 13, 2006 IP
  8. The_Phantom

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 20
  9. Scilynt

Scilynt Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Hmmm, before even testing, I am wondering if it has something to do with the "adult verification" required to view that video. I don't know for sure if that is causing problems or not but will look into it ;). Thanks for the link to test with!

Was that the only one you couldn't get to work or were you having problems with others as well?

Scilynt, Nov 13, 2006 IP
  10. Scilynt

Scilynt Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Just wanted to update...my coder is pretty sure it is the "mature video" block that stops it since you need to login to youtube to view those. He does think it would be easier to work around it in the script but doesn't know when he can get to it yet as it is going to take some research on his part.

So bid on the value you see the script "as is" and if he is able to work it out it will be a free upgrade. In fact, any future work he does on it will be free if the buyer wants whatever he adds to it. He is open to suggestions/request as well so it's possible to have it developed as you need...but that is not guaranteed and not included. Just a possible bonus lol.

Scilynt, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  11. haakonu

haakonu Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I bought the other site from Scilynt. He acted most professional, the programmer has fixed the few bugs extremely fast - usually the same day I told him - and the script is great. I am certain that the problems with youtube's mature videos as well as problems downloading from iFilm will be fixed very shortly.

Highly recommended! :)

haakonu, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  12. blademaster

blademaster Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hi that problem is commong for those scripts they cannot get around the adult video block thing for now.

how much are you selling it for? to only one person or several?

blademaster, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  13. Scilynt

Scilynt Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    haakonu, Thanks much for the kind words :). Glad you are happy with it.

The ifilm issue has already been fixed (at least in my test) and it was supposedly a small change ifilm made in their links or something. Something that may happen over time with the various sites and their video link structure. The mature video issue with youtube is still a problem though and not sure if/when it will be worked around. The issue seems to be with users needing to login to youtube to access the mature content...making the script do that is tricky...or so my coder says lol. But just wanted to keep you guys updated. So again, at this point, bid/offer on the basis that youtube mature videos may not work on the script

blademaster, this site, vidGrab.com is on auction with a BIN of $247. Main reason is it was supposed to be my person site using this script and I really like the domain. I don't plan to sell many of these sites with the script so as of now, there are only two sites from me with it for sale, one sold and this one. Maybe later down the line there may be the option to license the script alone but I have no idea if or when that would happen.

Scilynt, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  14. Scilynt

Scilynt Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Auction ends 8pm Pacific time.

Highest bid as of now is a private pm bid of $55

BIN lowered to $197

Scilynt, Nov 16, 2006 IP