1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Secure wordpress scan result!!

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by gjivan, Feb 15, 2012.

When i scan my whole network with Secure wordpress, some critical errors are being found. It displays that Executable files found in Wordpress uploads directory like this
    /home/mysite/public_html/blogs/wp-content/uploads/wpcf7_captcha/966600469.php
    /home/mysite/public_html/blogs/wp-content/uploads/wpcf7_captcha/1195351108.php. I dont know if i need to clean these filed from directory or just ignore it. In their suggestion, they say "Analyze the contents of this file. If the file is malicious, delete it immediately from your system". Now, how can i analyze this file?
    Another thing, i have installed flexibility theme in my site and after scanning, it also mentions the theme file being malicious (/home/mysite/public_html/blogs/wp-content/themes/flexibility3/functions.php). Need urgent suggestions!!

gjivan, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  2. bablu

bablu Peon

Best Answers:
    Change the file permission. right click on the file and go its permissions and then change its permission and make it not readable, excusable and writable. Alternately you can del it because in "upload folder" wp mostly store images, not php files.

bablu, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  3. agtile

agtile Active Member

Best Answers:
    Start with securing your uploads folder
    Create an empty index.php file inside uploads folder
    This way none can look in to its content.
    By default uploads folder is not secure.
    Also make sure this index file has permission set to 755
    Otherwise you wont be able to upload anything.
    More WP security tips here :http://www.askfrank.net/how-to-secure-wordpress-blog-from-being-hacked-2012/

agtile, Mar 13, 2012 IP
  4. gjivan

gjivan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thankx for these tips guys. Really appreciable!!

gjivan, Mar 13, 2012 IP