1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What type of website should i build?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by TheJupiter, Feb 28, 2012.

Hi all,
    I am a 16 years old college student from South Asia. I have great interest in graphics and web design and animation. So i am planning to build a website but i am in confuse what type of website should i build and what contents to put. Please suggest me. I am a beginner so i dont have special skills and talents in this field.
    Thank You!

TheJupiter, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  2. samirj09

samirj09 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are just getting started and not sure how to create it from scratch, using a CMS like Joomla, Drupal, Concrete5 or WordPress is a really good way to start on your first site.

samirj09, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  3. tropicalplanttom

tropicalplanttom Peon

Best Answers:
    I would agree with the CMS suggestion - that is certainly the route I took for my hobby sites. Also, if you are looking to build something to generate traffic for earnings etc, then as well as looking for something with good traffic potential, I would certainly search out a subject you have an interest in also, that way you will be better inclined to keep adding the content you need to make the site attractive.

tropicalplanttom, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  4. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Why don't you start a really nice looking WordPress blog about what you know? "graphics and web design and animation".
    That's your best opportunity to build something that will keep your interest and inspire you to provide great content and insight.

hmansfield, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  5. james_watson

james_watson Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi I am also relatively new to designing website. My suggestion is that you pick up tutorial on WordPress. WordPress is the easiest platform to start designing website and blogs. There are tons of videos on YouTube that will help your start with a simple project

james_watson, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  6. TheJupiter

TheJupiter Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for reply. Can anyone suggest which types of sites can gain more visitors? And which types of sites are few in numbers on internet? I would like to make my site in the category where there is not more competition.

TheJupiter, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  7. neil_buzzerchat_staff

neil_buzzerchat_staff Banned

Best Answers:
    you can start with a chat website or voice/video chat website where people can meet each other and share there opinions.

neil_buzzerchat_staff, Mar 2, 2012 IP
  8. robert_sans

robert_sans Peon

Best Answers:
    robert_sans, Mar 12, 2012 IP