1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HELP - Site gone from 1st Position to oblivion

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by destituterebel, Mar 12, 2012.

Hello,
    I have been working on a site for ages, it has consistently ranked between 1st & 5th Position for 2 major keywords for the past year, suddenly last week it dropped to page 5 from position 1. on one keyword and stayed 4-5 position for the other, today it has dissapeared from top 1000 positions for both keywords, please help what could be wrong, i have invested a lot of money and effort into this site and I'm dying a slow death. The site has over 750 pages indexed, and i have checked none of the pages have been deindexed, the url is showing in google for a specific url search, buy google is showing 900 pages for the domain. what could be the matter with the ranking, the only thing i did change in the days prior to this atrocity was to update the site with about 30 new articles. PLEASE HELP.

destituterebel, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  2. destituterebel

destituterebel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    someone please help.

destituterebel, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  3. PPCoach

PPCoach Peon

Best Answers:
    Could just be dancing. Check your backlink profile, do you notice a major drop in backlinks? That may be it. If not, I wouldn't worry too much (assuming you haven't made any major changes recently), you'll probably bounce back in a couple of days. In the meantime, throw some high quality backlinks at it.

PPCoach, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  4. Hoppus

Hoppus Member

Best Answers:
    yeah not really much you can do but "keep moving forward". check once a day or so to see where you're positioned, the dance can be annoying, but nothing you can really do about it.

Hoppus, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  5. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A drop from 1st page to 5th page is normal (if the competitors are really working hard to find more backlinks (in a very short period of time!)), but a drop from top 1000... No idea... // I hope everything will be alright :)

patco, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  6. joshll

joshll Peon

Best Answers:
    My advice, buy up a portfolio of 100-200 expiring domains, throw a WP blog on them all with links to your site in the BR.

Expiring domains can be picked up for as little as 0.10c each if you buy in bulk.

Josh.

joshll, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  7. malcomxgta

malcomxgta Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you site's just dancing. it should hopefully come back with an ever bigger "bANG". Till then dont stop the link building!

malcomxgta, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  8. destituterebel

destituterebel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all your help, I have been monitoring the site, the backlinks are fine, built over time, the content is mostly unique, all pages still indexed, the site was consistently ranking in top 3. And the sudden disappearance from all search for its main keywords is what alarmed me. although its stii ranking no 1 in some small country area specific searches, I hope its just the google dance if not i have just had it with google. any other suggestions would be appreciated.

destituterebel, Mar 13, 2012 IP