1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Websites gone from Yahoo after closing Site Explorer on November 21 2011

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by flyguy, Mar 11, 2012.

Looking at some stats on three my websites, I noticed that on November, 21st ish, they are no longer showing up in Yahoo or Bing. A site:mysite.com returns no results, and searching for the domain name returns nothing. Traffic is completely gone. It looks like a ban.

At that time the traffic stopped November 21st 2011, Yahoo closed Site Explorer. Has anyone else noticed this, and what can be done?!!

Thank you.
    Mike

flyguy, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  2. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mike,

What have you done SEO wise for these sites? Have you continued to update content, add new backlinks, etc.?

Are your sites listed with Google?

danasurvey, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  3. flyguy

flyguy Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm. That's interesting.

These sites have not had a lot of work done with them in the past year from an SEO standpoint. I have other sites that haven't had any work done on them that were not effected at all and continue to receive traffic.
    It's funny that traffic complete went to zero on November 21st for a few. Can't be a coincidence.

flyguy, Mar 11, 2012 IP