1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sitemap Errors? I got em.... Over 5k of them! Please help a noob

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by moggle, Mar 7, 2012.

So.... I recently started a new blog to have a place for my referrals to have a place to go for news and other updates regarding stuff I am involved with online. I truly had no aspirations of getting additional traffic but the more I thought about it, I figured "Why not?".

I set up the sitemap with the help of the host, got verified, and everything I thought was fine. When I logged into web-tools I checked and found that my sitemap has 5,436 errors!!

[TABLE="class: GOMIEEBBMV GOMIEEBBB3"]
    [TR="class: GOMIEEBBFU GOMIEEBBMU GOMIEEBBPU"]
    [TD="class: GOMIEEBBEU GOMIEEBBGU GOMIEEBBNU GOMIEEBBAV"][/TD]
    [TD="class: GOMIEEBBEU GOMIEEBBGU GOMIEEBBDI GOMIEEBBNU GOMIEEBBAV GOMIEEBBOU"][/TD]
    [TD="class: GOMIEEBBEU GOMIEEBBGU GOMIEEBBBV GOMIEEBBNU GOMIEEBBAV"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    So I guess my questions are these: What are all these errors from and do they matter? I suppose they must matter since there is the little caution thingy there.

And is this something I could fix on my own or is this best left to my hosting provider or some pro to fix.

I read the "Sitemap FAQ's" here but as you might have guessed, most of it goes over my head.

Thanks in advance,
    Mike

moggle, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  2. FinaceBloger

FinaceBloger Peon

Best Answers:
    The issues is that you have broken links in your sitemap. Please review the links in the sitemap and remove the brokenlinks.

You can fix it your won by updating a new site map to your server.

FinaceBloger, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  3. moggle

moggle Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, thanks for the help!

moggle, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  4. gazraz

gazraz Peon

Best Answers:
    I would look at the broken links, remove them and then generate a new site map. Finally re-submit. Dont for get to add a 404 (error page) redirect to your .htacess file to cath all those removed pages

gazraz, Mar 13, 2012 IP