1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Six Figure Challenge

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by jhmattern, Nov 8, 2006.

1. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    No, it's $100k each. ;)

And thanks! :)

jhmattern, Nov 13, 2006 IP
  2. DeniseJ

DeniseJ Live, Laugh, Love

Best Answers:
    Jenn, I'll post additional markets in the forum and blog after I get a bit of work done today. Hope that's alright :)

DeniseJ, Nov 13, 2006 IP
  3. leet

leet Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Erm, I thought it was 6 figures for all crew. Well then you all need to work really hard, but I don't think it's so hard still. Well it's hard, but not impossible at least. As I see from your bios you are all professionals, though I have never read your writings. Anyways, just a year, we will all see what happens :) Best of luck again.

leet, Nov 13, 2006 IP
  4. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, Leet!

We'll all be posting on the blog soon, so you can check out our writing then. :)

Rebecca

internetauthor, Nov 13, 2006 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  5. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    New writers' markets posted. :)

www.sixfigurewriters.com (from $50-2500 / article in today's markets)

www.myspace.com/sixfigurewriters ($.20-.25 / word in today's markets)

www.allfreelancing.com (around $1 / word on average today - have to register to see these ones)

Enjoy! :)

And on another Challenge note, hopefully next week we'll be gearing up the newsletter, with writers and publishing industry interviews, writing tips, freelancing tips, weekly writer challenges/exercises and more. :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Nov 14, 2006 IP
  6. Red Andreew

Red Andreew Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that it will be fun and intresting.Good luck.

Red Andreew, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  7. DeniseJ

DeniseJ Live, Laugh, Love

Best Answers:
    Thank you, Red_Andreew. We need all the support and encouragement we can get :)

DeniseJ, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  8. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Today's markets are up on all three sites. :) Some decent paying ones today, and a good variety of niches and pay structures (per word, per article, per page, etc.). Be sure to check them out, and if you're a writer go be our "friend" on myspace at http://www.myspace.com/sixfigurewriters. :D

Jenn

jhmattern, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  9. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    New markets are posted for today... nice and early for once. ;) I tried something a little different today, letting each of the sites focus on a different niche of writers' markets. Here are the niche breakdowns I did today:

SixFigureWriters.com - Travel Writing Markets

SixFigureWriters Myspace Profile - Sports-related Writers' Markets

AllFreelancing.com (have to register at the forum to see these markets) - Business Writers' Markets

If you're a writer and following along with our writers' market postings, you can suggest niche areas, and I'll do my best to find a few markets to post on them. I can't promise I'll find things in every niche, but I'll give it a shot. :)

jhmattern, Nov 16, 2006 IP
    Phynder likes this.
  10. wordscientist

wordscientist Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the 411. Time for me to check them all out. :)

wordscientist, Nov 16, 2006 IP
  11. highflyer

highflyer Peon

Best Answers:
    highflyer, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  12. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    Ah yes, that's a good point. Each of the writers involved have 5 link spots, where they can promote their own writing (since our content-based sites count towards our goals next year). As not all of us have 5 links to put up, to keep things looking purdy and more uniform, they'll be selling the extra link spots if they want to. So, if you see a writer's name w/o 5 recommended links in the right column already, you can contact them at , and find out what they're charging if you'd like a link on the blog. :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  13. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    jhmattern, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  14. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    I'm planning to add a few new regular features (in addition to the daily writers markets) on the official Six Figure Challenge blog next week (www.sixfigurewriters.com).

On Monday I'll start adding a "writing site of the week" (where I'll feature a high quality writing-focused website that would be of use to freelance and creative writers trying to improve their craft and earn more money), and a "weekly writers' resource" (where I'll recommend tools, templates, software, etc. that would be useful for freelance writers).

If you have any comments on those ideas, let me know. Also, if you'd like to suggest that any of us cover other regular features that would help you as a writer, please feel free to suggest them to us here. :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  15. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    New writers markets were just posted. Sorry about not getting them up yesterday. :( There are a few pretty decent paying ones today though, so enjoy... and get those queries out there! :)

jhmattern, Nov 20, 2006 IP
  16. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    New update:

I just launched two new weekly features today on the blog at www.SixFigureWriters.com.

Weekly Writers' Resource (today is a collection of writing resources from Perdue)

Writing Site of the Week (today is our own new freelance writing forum - gives you a bit of background on the community at AllFreelancing.com that's not quite 3 weeks old yet)

You're welcome to make suggestions for either weekly feature. They'll be posted every Monday.

jhmattern, Nov 20, 2006 IP
  17. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    I've not read all the way through the thread, but it sounds like a great idea, and will turn into a useful resource for travel writers like myself (I'm male too :p)

I don't write to earn an income (I leave that up to Zainie!) but I get great satisfaction, when my travel articles are published in newspapers, and magazines.

Looking forward to see how this develops.

Darren

DarrenC, Nov 20, 2006 IP
    highflyer likes this.
  18. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    New markets finally posted for today. :) I put some of the higher paying ones in the www.sixfigurewriters.com blog today rather than in the forum. :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Nov 21, 2006 IP
  19. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    We're back on the writers' markets after the long holiday weekend. :) You can find new freelance writers' markets (all at least $.10 / word) at:

www.SixFigureWriters.com
    www.myspace.com/sixfigurewriters (add us as a friend if you're on myspace)
    www.AllFreelancing.com (the highest paying markets are here usually, but you need to register - free - today's forum markets are all paying $.40 - 1.00 / word)

If you missed them, there were two recent articles posted to the official blog, and as a newsletter update, I'm expecting to have the signup form on the blog either today or tomorrow, with the first newsletter due to be release a week from today. Closer to then, I'll announce the basic content areas we'll be covering (from featured markets to interviews, and everything in between).

Jenn

jhmattern, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  20. jhmattern

Best Answers:
    The newsletter sign-up form is up at www.sixfigurewriters.com. :) The first newsletter goes out this coming Monday. You can sign up for just the weekly newsletter, and also for freelance job listings which will be starting in the new year. :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Nov 28, 2006 IP