1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Thin Original Content or Duplicate Content

Discussion in 'Google' started by gr8webseller, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Ella_Z.

Ella_Z. Peon

Best Answers:
    google takes into consideration the age of your website much and originality of the text. However, the longer the texts, the more original things can appear there.

Ella_Z., Mar 1, 2012 IP
  2. sacoderbd

sacoderbd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Your content is far better....add some extra images and videos to your site...Hope this helps

sacoderbd, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  3. andrusimonds11

andrusimonds11 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    At least it should be 200- 400 content but you say your site is 7 year old so Google trust on your site.

andrusimonds11, Mar 2, 2012 IP
  4. REKHILESH90

REKHILESH90 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think google need huge unique contents if you don't have backlinks.But if you have lots of backlinks pointing to your site in keyword anchor text then you will need little content.

REKHILESH90, Mar 2, 2012 IP
  5. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    For some searches I have witnessed that sites with a very long page as a home page, like well over 1000 words, actually come up first in results (on their homepage) than other sites with way more content, but in the inside pages. That was a search for which domain name was important. And on those sites, the domain name was matching, but also the very long content on the homepage.

I don't think 100 words content anywhere will do anything good, nor will duplicate content of more words, both will have low rankings nowadays.

JamesColin, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  6. jessysmith

jessysmith Peon

Best Answers:
    according to me google wont prefer content length rather it will prefer the unique content

jessysmith, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  7. beafriend

beafriend Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have blogger's blog and also bought a domain for it.My blog NICHE is very small as it's regional one.In my niche there are only few sites are there.And my blog always appear on 6th or 7 position on first page of Google searh engine.All blog posts of my blog are ALSO having THIN CONTENT(although they have more than 3000 posts and mine is within 300-BUT I THINK IT DOES NOT MATTER).And other sites which appear on 1st or 2nd position..they hav also very thin content even SOMETIME LESS than me.But why their sites appears on 1st position?Why not mine?Is it only because of a small blog ???Please answer me and give me your suggestion on this thread also.Thank you very much in advance.
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2423219

beafriend, Mar 9, 2012 IP
  8. benchrest

benchrest Peon

Best Answers:
    If you can't say what you need to say in the first two paragraphs, you lose most people and they will click out of your site and look somewhere else. I can't see writing 100's of words unless you think that will make your site look good for the SE's. I make some of my sites small and if they don't like the site, ok with me. It's hard to figure out sometimes what goog wants and don't want. They keep changing crap around and I just keep building the sites like I want them keeping things simple and to the point.

benchrest, Mar 9, 2012 IP
  9. beafriend

beafriend Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Dear cesarian,
    you mean if you can not write an article more than 100 words then is it better to post duplicate content to appear on 1st page as gr8webseller said tht website having duplicate content appears on 1st page not her page with 100% original content

beafriend, May 10, 2012 IP
  10. John_alex1

John_alex1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, I would say that you should post original and lengthy content. At least 500 words and unique. and 100 words is really short.

John_alex1, May 11, 2012 IP