1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which one is the faster whether Asp or Asp.Net?

Discussion in 'C#' started by raspms, Mar 6, 2012.

I want to do the project but i m very confused while deciding a plattform
    whether i choose asp or asp.net?

which one is faster and more useful in my feature whether asp or asp.net?

raspms, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  2. rkstech

rkstech Active Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends on the application and what you are asking the server to do?? , please explain more in detail

rkstech, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  3. mandeepbamral

mandeepbamral Banned

Best Answers:
    ASP will interpret the script for a page on every page request. ASP.NET will compile the code for the page once. ASP.NET will almost always perform better than classic ASP. ASP.NET MVC is simply a (better?) way to write ASP.NET applications. Also, in my oppinion the features ASP.NET is far superior to classic ASP. You should be able to spend fewer developer resources on creating a more complex website if you choose ASP.NET.

mandeepbamral, Mar 9, 2012 IP
  4. RonBrown

RonBrown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Without a doubt, ASP.NET is much more efficient when it comes to web site performance. The performance potential of ASP.NET is incredible and far superior to ASP. For smaller, less busy sites, you probably won't notice much difference, but a .NET site will scale, and scale, and scale, much more easily.

You also have to consider that ASP is no longer being developed and has been superceded by .NET. However..... from a server admin perspective, VBScript (the most common language ASP was written in) is still a very useful thing to know.

RonBrown, Mar 16, 2012 IP
  5. raspms

raspms Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much all of you--
    for guiding me to choose the asp.net ..now i started my project using asp.net plattform....and it is really a very simple and mostly much more efficient for server side..

raspms, Mar 20, 2012 IP
  6. Vivianflo

Vivianflo Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah that's a very good idea to choose Asp.Net platform for your project. In Asp.net you will find all new features that are not available in asp.net

Vivianflo, Mar 22, 2012 IP
  7. aisyaziz

aisyaziz Guest

Best Answers:
    asp.net is faster. (but mvc is much2 better) however, depending on what you're trying to do, sometimes asp classic helps - asp.net has too many features and they might refresh the page many2 times.

aisyaziz, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  8. Scarrfo

Scarrfo Peon

Best Answers:
    ASP.NET. The tools such as visual studio make it easy to add ajax, web services etc. Huge factors also include the fact that most windows hosting companies (even godaddy) support the latest and greatest features of asp.net and take into consideration the vast amount of community support for the current newer asp.net technology.

Scarrfo, Mar 28, 2012 IP
  9. heloraghu

heloraghu Member

Best Answers:
    asp is more faster than asp.net why bcoz asp has no ctrls n no forms no tags

heloraghu, Mar 29, 2012 IP
  10. Andrew James

Andrew James Member

Best Answers:
    Well, it depends on your needs, because there are excellent options available both with commercial licenses or open source code in ASP.NET.

Andrew James, Jun 15, 2012 IP
  11. michael clay

michael clay Peon

Best Answers:
    asp.net is very faster

michael clay, Jul 18, 2012 IP
  12. Aayus

Aayus Peon

Best Answers:
    Asp.net is faster then asp. ASP.NET has 2 main frameworks from Microsoft.

Aayus, Jul 19, 2012 IP
  13. veganin

veganin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    .NET is the obvious choice between those 2. The standard ASP is much slower and an old technology. Going with ASP.NET C# you will get plenty of community support with pretty much everything you might be doing (unless you want to do some rocket science).

veganin, Jul 21, 2012 IP
  14. dylanrodriguez2012

dylanrodriguez2012 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Guys,

Let's say you have a page that displays articles based on a query string. Take my article pages for instance. Each article is stored in a database and displayed on the page based on the unique id of the article as stored in the database.

A normal asp page execution procedure goes something like this. The code queries the database based on the Article I.D. and then brings back that information to the page where you display it in the fashion that you would like. This is a fairly straight forward approach with asp and is done all the time.

Use Asp.Net Caching!
    If possible, do NOT use the standard Asp.Net controls.Use an SqlDataReader or even better yet use a set based command for Sql Server data retrieval and simply execute that one command against the database.Use Classes and ArrayLists as opposed to returning an SqlDataReader.
    All your comment for programming development and mobile solutions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

dylanrodriguez2012, Jul 23, 2012 IP
  15. dotnetcreator

dotnetcreator Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion ASP .Net is faster than ASP. ASP.NET allows you to use a full featured programming language such as C# or VB.NET to build web applications easily.In my opinion ASP .Net is faster than ASP. ASP.NET allows you to use a full featured programming language such as C# or VB.NET to build web applications easily.

dotnetcreator, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  16. ggiindia

ggiindia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Both are better to work when you need programming work and also it depends on you needs to use anyone of them.
    Mos programmers prefers asp.net which is bit faster.

ggiindia, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  17. TayyabRazaq

TayyabRazaq Peon

Best Answers:
    depends on your project.............but asp.net is much better than the old asp.

TayyabRazaq, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  18. agitetech

agitetech Peon

Best Answers:
    ASP.Net is much faster and better than ASP.In ASP you have to write code for all the controls whether in ASP.Net it provides drag and drop option so no need to write code it will save your time.

agitetech, Dec 14, 2012 IP
  19. anurag355

anurag355 Peon

Best Answers:
    • Executable portions of a Web application compiled so they execute more quickly than interpreted scripts
    • On-the-fly updates of deployed Web applications without restarting the server
    • Access to the .NET Framework, which extends the Windows API
    • Use of the widely known Visual Basic programming language, which has been enhanced to fully support object-oriented programming
    • Introduction of the new Visual C# programming language, which provides a type-safe, object-oriented version of the C programming language
    • Automatic state management for controls on a Web page (called server controls) so that they behave much more like Windows controls
    • The ability to create new, customized server controls from existing controls
    • Built-in security through the Windows server or through other authentication/authorization methods
    • Integration with Microsoft ADO.NET to provide database access and database design tools from within Visual Studio .NET
    • Full support for Extensible Markup Language (XML), cascading style sheets (CSS), and other new and established Web standards
    • Built-in features for caching frequently requested Web pages on the server, localizing content for specific languages and cultures, and detecting browser capabilities

anurag355, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  20. annaharris

annaharris Active Member

Best Answers:
    As per my opinion, ASP.NET is faster and secure than older ASP because there are lots of new features available in ASP.NET.

annaharris, Mar 29, 2013 IP