1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Vimeo Upload API (PHP)

Discussion in 'Programming' started by rochow, Feb 13, 2012.

Need to have a form uploader on my site uploading to vimeo (have a pro account). This is done through their upload API: vimeo.com/api/docs/upload

Pretty easy - BUT - want a progress bar to show the % of completion. Vimeo does support steaming transfer, so ideally it can go straight into vimeo, however if it needs to be saved to the server first (thus making progress bar simple, as many scripts out there already) and then posted afterwards to vimeo in a standard post, that could work.

If you need any more info let me know, else PM your price + timeframe.

rochow, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  2. edduvs

edduvs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You can also review the Vimeo Upload API docs, and also, you can use

With the ticket and the endpoint you just received via JSON after the initial request. It's useless to pay someone to do that, it's very easy, and it's all explained.

When you show the progress bar percent, you can just use the data received from the previous header:

And as a last must-do touch, you need to request the vimeo.videos.upload.complete so your video can be processed otherwise, it won't be. This request will return you the video's id, which you can use after to set the title, description, privacy and so on.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
    edduvs, Feb 14, 2012 IP
  3. rochow

rochow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Need this done asap, budget is $200 to get this working. I always see people whinging there's no work or work that pays well, but when there is nobody wants to do it!

rochow, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  4. abmathur

abmathur Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I just stumbled upon it, not sure if you are still looking though; buzz me if still needed.

abmathur, Mar 9, 2012 IP