1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What pain points do you have with internet marketing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by pipes, Mar 6, 2012.

What pain points and problems do you experience with internet marketing?

pipes, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  2. DennisKnows

DennisKnows Active Member

Best Answers:
    It seems that everything that worked for everyone else doesn't work for me.. LOL.. I still get results though because I always look for a way to add something to it and put my own spin on it..

Gotta create your own lane sometimes.. if not all the time..

DennisKnows, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  3. brokenblade

brokenblade Peon

Best Answers:
    The same goes for me. What everyone else said works, didn't work for me. Also, there are certain things that come easy for me that baffles others. Good with the bad.

In the end, you are marketing yourself. You are unique. You are not the other person. What works for others may not work for you.

brokenblade, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  4. icegin

icegin Peon

Best Answers:
    Competition. Obviously when you first start out with internet marketing you're surrounded by bigger businesses and more experienced marketers -- it can be difficult to get a foothold.

Persistence is key.

icegin, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  5. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think its just the whole off site seo process of building it organically.

James Byun, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  6. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    What i meet is how i been try out most of internet marketing method but seem like it do not bring the traffics as i estimate. Until the end , i study all over again of every marketing method and i just notice that i do some mistake and some marketing methods just do not implement the right way or did not optimize it .

Some people said internet marketing methods is dead but it depend how you optimize it.

JerrickYeoh, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  7. sophia123789

sophia123789 Peon

Best Answers:
    Off page optimization really give me hard time. I don't like doing that process in seo.

sophia123789, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  8. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Good point, because there are always variations too between sites, even if you are offering the same product or service there wil always be something that might affect how good the results are from your effort.

Its possible that some people are lying, some will make big bold claims, especially if they are trying to get people to subscribe to their teachings, lol

Ive taken to not even looking towards competition, its a distraction and theres the tendency to copy what they are doing, and if they are doing it wrong then you might follow their lead down the wrong path, remember that rankings mean nothing if they dont get more customers from it or cant retain their existing customers/visitors.

At least you are learning though and if you're aware that you might have made some mistakes its good that you are sticking with it and trying again, the experience that you gain in the long term will be useful.

Totally understandable as its harder to control what happens off of your site, at least you have the power to optimise on-page more easily, with content, keywords etc and inbound marketing is understood to be powerful, of course much cheaper than advertising too.

pipes, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  9. Sharkfist

Sharkfist Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've somewhat taken all of the courses that I've used during my time and molded them together into my own thing. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Big trial and error game.

Sharkfist, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  10. m0nk3yb0y

m0nk3yb0y Peon

Best Answers:
    My feeling is that you need to find a good mentor and that can be hard in an industry where the blind are predominately leading the blind. My tip here is to study the big names and follow the ones with business models that suit where you want to be in the future.

I once read an article that told a story of how you must change your mindset from that of a rabbit to that of an eagle. By that I mean that you have to stop running around bouncing from product to product (like a bunny) and start looking down upon email lists and product launches with the vision of the eagle. Try to look at all the marketing mails and sales pages and see what they are doing that makes you want to open the mail or buy the product. When things jump out at you, note them down. This is called a swipe file. After doing this for a while you will soon start shifting out of the buyer mentality and into that of a researcher. Or eagle :)

m0nk3yb0y, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  11. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, i think its substantially harder, maybe impossible because after all, the whole internet marketing this is done with so much guess work, the search engines can do what is necessary to keep moving the finishing line, as you say blind leading the blind.

pipes, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  12. m0nk3yb0y

m0nk3yb0y Peon

Best Answers:
    Its not impossible. Hard maybe. But the key is to test methods fully. Stick with the foundations like product creation, list building, blogging etc. There are many methods out there that do work IF applied correctly and WORKED at.

Just TAKE ACTION and remember THERE IS NO MAGIC PILL. :D

m0nk3yb0y, Mar 18, 2012 IP
  13. Web Outsourcing Gateway

Web Outsourcing Gateway Member

Best Answers:
    Ranking will really took some time. It may even take for years. But I do not consider this as pain-- instead a challenge! We should be patient. Everything will be in its place if we do our online marketing strategy right and ethical.

Web Outsourcing Gateway, Mar 19, 2012 IP
  14. rohiteshwar

rohiteshwar Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometime when we use so many SEO tools to make our website on the top page of google search and it remain still on same position....

rohiteshwar, Mar 19, 2012 IP
  15. sylar666

sylar666 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There is just so much BS out There, Just got to weed through it.

sylar666, Mar 19, 2012 IP
  16. seo.string

seo.string Peon

Best Answers:
    competition.. plus some changed policies of search engines since google is now more on its own social network than it was on twitter & facebook.

seo.string, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  17. Ken Mec

Ken Mec Peon

Best Answers:
    Lower back pain...:D by sitting in front of pc whole the day....

Rest can be taken care...

Ken Mec, Mar 28, 2012 IP
  18. robyna

robyna Peon

Best Answers:
    Unpredictability. You can make a lot of money one day and then hardly anything another. That drives me crazy! I still love the business but it's very up and down.

robyna, Apr 1, 2012 IP
  19. XooX

XooX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To me the problem is that the success of my websites are completely by chance. There are a couple of websites that got ultimately popular (they had their time, not now) through reviews and viral sharing when I least expected them to. There are others that I, for sure, know has huge value to my audience. Yet, I find it hard to get people to adopt. I have often wondered how ecommerce websites that are no different from one another manage to find popularity. Is Adwords the only way out for success?

XooX, Apr 2, 2012 IP
  20. ThePassiveIncomeBlog

ThePassiveIncomeBlog Active Member

Best Answers:
    Going through the ethical and unethical practices is the hardest thing.

ThePassiveIncomeBlog, Apr 2, 2012 IP