1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New affiliate marketing strategy please

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by PNV, Mar 7, 2012.

I have a hotel affiliate site which i believe is doing poorly due to the amount of affiliate links on the site.What i've done is written a summary about each hotel and added a link to the affiliate hotel site. while this may have worked in the past, i think the new google updates may have put a lid on this strategy.how can i use affiliate links on my site with out google throwing a tantrum?can i hide the links in a way that isnt clocking? can i use a middle page/site to redirect the link (like your leaving this page, page)?does domain masking work?do i need to have more content and less links per page ? Please help me out here. All suggestions are welcome

PNV, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  2. Quahas

Quahas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've never heard that google would punish you for affiliate links *_* Then again I don't have deep knowledge on these things.

Quahas, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  3. DennisKnows

DennisKnows Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are using Wordpress, download Pretty link Lite right now.. It's the best plugin for cloaking links and you can set them to no follow so you won't be penalized by the big G..

I do this for all my affiliate links..

It also helps because if you had a link in multiple areas, you could change it in one area and it would update site-wide.. Best part is it's free. :cool:

DennisKnows, Mar 7, 2012 IP
    PNV likes this.
  4. aaslin

aaslin Peon

Best Answers:
    Just ad more content to your site.You won't have any problems.

aaslin, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  5. bigznet

bigznet Member

Best Answers:
    Affiliate links themselves aren't a problem. It's the amount of content surrounding them and the amount of other content making up the website. If you only have several pages with lists of affiliate links and banners, with a short description next to each, Google doesn't consider this to be offering much value to visitors. But if you have in-depth product descriptions, review pages, related articles, etc. that all talk about those affiliate products, then you're providing something useful to visitors.

Try to build a complete website (with more than just affiiate links) and you won't have any issues...

bigznet, Mar 8, 2012 IP
    PNV likes this.
  6. PNV

PNV Active Member

Best Answers:
    great answer, thank you

PNV, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  7. lardher

lardher Banned

Best Answers:
    for affiliate program, A good review is the key, when to do review, an 'honest'... that's my advice

lardher, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  8. Hoppus

Hoppus Member

Best Answers:
    +1

&yeah, google's kind of known for making it overly obvious that they want quality content. even on adsense it spills over with "websites' main intention is not to have your ads clicked". this goes for webmasters in general too, gotta have that quality content.

Hoppus, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  9. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Use unique content for products description.

jhardy2008, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  10. kylelawrence

kylelawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    Post reviews about the product. That is one strategy that affiliate marketers often ignore.

kylelawrence, Mar 13, 2012 IP
  11. Kate-Oranum

Kate-Oranum Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    In most cases what I see is - that there is not enough content on the website - and so there is no traffic, you have to make sure the contant that you have is quality and it is usefull for people.

Kate-Oranum, Mar 13, 2012 IP