1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keywords, index page only or all pages

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by RogueLayered, Mar 6, 2012.

Whenever I've used keywords for a site, I'd make a list of the words that fit the page and implement them into every page. Now I am kind of looking at things a little differently and it had me thinking whether I should use different keywords based on the content of the individual page. The current project I am working on is a basic HTML page so the content varies depending on the page so should the keywords be different for each page?

Also the meta description too, I am wondering whether that should be different for each page also.

RogueLayered, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  2. Planex

Planex Member

Best Answers:
    You want to have good keywords that match your site, and advertise on forums, websites, etc to raise your rank on google. You should put a meta description / keywords on each individual page to maximize seo content on your site!

Planex, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  3. RogueLayered

RogueLayered Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply and yeah this is what I've done for each individual page, took sometime but should help.

RogueLayered, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  4. turkishhomes

turkishhomes Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely each page should have it's own individual title, description and keywords. If they are all the same then all your pages are competing against each other. You should aim for each page to achieve its own SERP position for whatever it is about.

turkishhomes, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  5. 999rajasthan

999rajasthan Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it is important to use different tags for each pages but it should be according to the page. Do not repeat same keywords in other pages because if it will come in google view then google will penalize your site. And it effect your site keywords rank on google.

999rajasthan, Mar 9, 2012 IP
  6. turkishhomes

turkishhomes Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with the rest of your post but sorry, not this part. The same word can quite naturally occur a number of times on different pages. It certainly happens on my site and I haven't been penalized. If you have any evidence of what you are suggesting please provide it.

turkishhomes, Mar 9, 2012 IP
  7. 999rajasthan

999rajasthan Peon

Best Answers:
    One of my friend site penalized by google by using the particular keyword phrase in other pages. And i am agree with you that naturally keywords occur in site, but if you are using particular keyword in other pages than it is keyword spamming my dear friend.:)

999rajasthan, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  8. turkishhomes

turkishhomes Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it? I have 30 keywords and they appear at least once on every page of my site, and have done so since it was launched 9 months ago. If Google had any problem with that I would have found out by now. The use of the same keywords on different pages does not in itself constitute spamming, it depends on how they are used.

turkishhomes, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  9. 999rajasthan

999rajasthan Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes friend, after that incident i always use keywords by analysis them all.

999rajasthan, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  10. ChulaVistaRealtor

ChulaVistaRealtor Member

Best Answers:
    You want a keyword for each page but the main 2 keywords on main page

ChulaVistaRealtor, Mar 27, 2012 IP