1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Digital Point have Customer Services admin with Contact Form/email

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by netmigo, Feb 11, 2012.

I have tried to find some contact details regarding how to contact Digital Point admin system. The only available Contact details seem to be Twitter account, however out of few queries I've sent there, I got only one tweet reply, that actually was not very helpful and customer services like.

netmigo, Feb 11, 2012 IP
  2. raybeam

raybeam Member

Best Answers:
    Same here.. Wanna contact them about an ad I placed.. How do we get in touch with them?

raybeam, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  3. byybora

byybora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is where you can find support for the Digital Point advertising system.

byybora, Mar 7, 2012 IP
    raybeam likes this.
  4. netmigo

netmigo Guest

Best Answers:
    I was just given an infraction for placing this thread in the wrong category!!!!
    It clearly says in the summary of the category that you can ask here any question about Digital Forum and all you need to be helped with.

So I needed help with finding how to contact DP other than Twitter - they gave me an infraction, admin didn't bother to answer anyway to this query. It seems there is lack of logic in actions of those behind the scenes here and lack of respect to the members.

netmigo, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  5. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Our three sources of contact are:

Twitter
    Bad post report.
    Suggestions and Feedback

Edit notes on this thread show thread was moved to this category which is where it belongs.

Smyrl, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  6. Rajmeej

Rajmeej Peon

Best Answers:
    i think they should add next option may be email address or form submit.

Rajmeej, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  7. netmigo

netmigo Guest

Best Answers:
    This post was placed in this category from the beginning. Otherwise someone tries to cover lack of logic in giving infraction. If any lack of clarity within the website, then its admin's fault and something to improve on, not the newbie's user. 1 infraction point is not the end of the world, but as given without the logic and following own policies, then its very disappointing and certainly the forum loses its appeal and respectable aspect.

netmigo, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  8. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    netmigo, thread edit notes are generated automatically when threads are moved and posts are deleted. In regard to mods trying to cover up there actions, our actions are open books to other mods and admins.

Smyrl, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  9. netmigo

netmigo Guest

Best Answers:
    Then post can be moved to and back from other category and it will generate an edit note then, not really convincing. Post asking about how to contact definitely can't be purposefully placed in the wrong category, and your policy states it shouldn't be stricken with the infraction. Therefore still no logic and really an explanation of such an unreasonable action.

netmigo, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  10. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It would create two "thread moved" notes in that case. Bottom line, the thread was not created in this forum, it was moved here by a moderator.

As far as a policy that grants immunity to infractions, can you please post a link to where you read that policy?

digitalpoint, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  11. netmigo

netmigo Guest

Best Answers:
    It's not about granting immunity, it's about logic and integrity. Your policy says:

Thread started in wrong category - If you start a thread in the wrong forum because you do not have enough posts to start a thread in the correct forum (the Buy/Sell/Trade forum, for example), you will receive an infraction.
    If you start a thread in the wrong category, but it appears that you at least attempted to put it in the right forum, you generally will not receive an infraction.
    The logic is that it seems you don't need to have any posts to start thread in this category. Or even when you do, I had enough posts at the time of starting this thread. Plus once again, why purposefully I'd put a thread asking as a newbie how to contact DP effectively in the wrong category. While defending the fact that this post was moved, you're consistently not telling in which category it was placed, that it was so wrong (!!!). Plus it was created almost a month ago, while infraction was given yesterday. The action if meant to happen, should be applied with more immediate effect, not after a month if the moderator does the right monitoring (I can see big forum as explanation here, but the action is not right anyway...).

Please bear in mind that underlined sections are the core of the message to avoid picking on something that is secondary to the main issue.

netmigo, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  12. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  13. netmigo

netmigo Guest

Best Answers:
    Once again you made a point about secondary issue defending lack of logic in not logical manner. What a nonsense about post immunity and its time frame- totally unrelated to the the lack of monitoring and lack of logic in applying the policies. I underlined the statement:If you start a thread in the wrong category, but it appears that you at least attempted to put it in the right forum, you generally will not receive an infraction.

Is it hard to see that asking about contact details in general chat might make sense plus there were no benefits of placing that in other category? Probably you won't answer directly as it would require to admit a lack of logical thinking, or if it will be an answer it will be not logical. Simply shameful lack of consistency in applying own policies and nonsense. Or rather some admin and moderators do not know forum policies that well and strike infraction as it pleases.

I also notice that General Chat and Suggestion and Feedback are SUBCATEGORIES not CATEGORIES (!!!) of the same CATEGORY forum- Digital Point. Quite disgraceful to miss it and fail to notice that there was an attempt to place the post in the right category.

Intro to the general chat category says: [h=1]Forum: General Chat[/h]Anything your heart desires can be posted here (assuming of course there's not already a different area for it).

Probably any bored or malicious admin or moderator can state that it's already in different category - let's get on with infraction.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
    netmigo, Mar 9, 2012 IP
  14. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You are treated no better/worse than any other user. It's simply how the site is run... if someone posts something in the wrong place, we move it to the appropriate place.

Rather silly to keep asking the same question hoping for a different answer somehow.

digitalpoint, Mar 9, 2012 IP
  15. netmigo

netmigo Guest

Best Answers:
    Nothing wrong with moving posts to the right places. However, there is no answer , so the point is rather silly- you didn't answer directly or rather not at all - (simply copy and paste if you did)DIRECT answers you gave to the main points:

- Why you gave an infraction for the post placed in the category/forum Digital Point which is the RIGHT category, and only subcategory was wrong, plus subcategory said you can place there whatever the heart desire, WHILE your policy says:

If you start a thread in the wrong category, but it appears that you at least attempted to put it in the right forum, you generally will not receive an infraction.

- Why to place question by a newbie about contact details in Digital Forum- general chat category is so wrong?

Do you mean you treat all users with lack of respect, giving infractions as it pleases, against own policies or bending them, no direct and logic answers and explanations?

That's pathetic, same as the fact that you failed to answer the issue but you just gave me another infraction for bumping threads.( Laughable
    :);):D. Don't forget that you moved this post to the section where people can write what they like and don't like. Legally you obliged to make a disclosure that you don't want to hear what people don't like or you will give them an infraction as it pleases, as policies are only for the display) Again no explanation. Plus it's so easy to find similarities between many posts. There is no much new things people can come up with, so what's the point of the forum. They can come up with different views and angels of the issues, but nothing totally new, so you should probably give infraction to everyone that keep this forum alive, as the point of the forum is for people to write.

If people lose a respect for your site due to the failure of respecting own policies and users above all , you can give them thousands infractions and there is no bother. There is something like a freedom of speech, and only forums that respect that, can truly survive. One user that decide it's too pathetic for them to use undilligent forum, makes millions in a few years.

netmigo, Mar 9, 2012 IP
  16. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you are unhappy with the 'customer service' that you have received, then you should ask for a refund.

Agent000, Mar 9, 2012 IP
  17. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Because General Chat is the wrong place... which is why it was moved.

If that's how you see it, sure.

Actually, we aren't legally bound to do anything remotely related.

We are bound by US and California law:
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text
    http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/calaw.html

If you are able to point me to the law that states we must disclose what we do/don't want from users, I'll be happy to oblige.

This is a private site, in fact we aren't even legally obligated to allow people to use it (even as a guest).

If you want to get technical, half of the reason this forum was started is because we needed a support venue for existing customers using our products. The site is about 10 years older than the forum.

Just to be clear, there also is no freedom of speech here (just like someone can't legally obligate you to publish their comments on your private blog... also no freedom of speech there). This is not a government entity, this is a private site.

But we know all too well about users being fickle and leaving if they don't like it. The other half of the reason this forum started was because users were unhappy with how one of the biggest SEO forums was being run (SEO Chat), so we gave them another option (they were around for years before we were and was one of the premier industry sites at the time... now... well... it's more or less dead with the same problems that made people leave it when we opened our forum in 2004). If people are unhappy here, obviously they are free to use any number of other sites out there... just like people can come here if they are unhappy with whatever other site they were using.

Either way, the site doesn't revolve around the forum, the forum revolves around the site. The site would still be quite popular if we deleted the forum portion of the site.

18. netmigo

netmigo Guest

Best Answers:
    I appreciate so many details, however still no answer to the main main issue:

Why you gave an infraction for the post placed in the category/forum Digital Point which is the RIGHT category, and only subcategory was wrong, plus subcategory said you can place there whatever the heart desire, WHILE your policy says:

If you start a thread in the wrong category, but it appears that you at least attempted to put it in the right forum, you generally will not receive an infraction.:(:rolleyes:

To Agent000 Your response is quite touching, but here the issue of the customer service is not related to money or any tangible aspects.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
    netmigo, Mar 9, 2012 IP
  19. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    My point is that customers are people that pay for things. You were complaining about the lack of customer service from Digitalpoint. As you are not paying anything, why are you complaining about not getting 'customer service'. Only customers should be expecting any sort of service.

Agent000, Mar 9, 2012 IP
  20. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The difference between a category and sub-category is nothing more than semantics. Should we not move threads talking about Google to the Google forum if someone buts it in the Yahoo forum? They are both in the same sub-category of "Search Engines", so you could make the same argument... "My thread can go in any sub-section of Search Engines".

As far as being able to place "anything your heart desires" in "General Chat", you are also taking it out of context... and leaving out the most important part of the category description... "(assuming of course there's not already a different area for it)"

Bottom line is the thread was misplaced, and a moderator moved it to the correct place. This site is a privately owned/run site. If users don't agree with our rules or management methodology, it's probably best to just use a site that more closely aligns to how you would like the site run. I don't mean that sarcastically either... if I was a user of a site and I didn't like how the site was run, I would move on... pure and simple (a perfect example was when I didn't like how SEO Chat was run). I voiced my opinion, they didn't change their site more to my liking, so I moved on and decided I could probably do better if I did it myself.

In the end, it's honestly rather silly. We moved a thread to the correct place for you so that the people it was directed at would actually SEE it. What's more important to you? Someone appropriate seeing a thread you started or your ego being hurt that we didn't agree with your placement of that thread?