1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you suggest hiring a coach? Any recommends?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Quahas, Mar 1, 2012.

Hi!

I was wondering what are the benefits/downsides of hiring a couch/mentor? Would you recommend it? Experiences?

Also if someone knows from EXPERIENCE a good coach, I'd like to hear your recommendations.

Quahas, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  2. L_K_M

L_K_M Peon

Best Answers:
    Couch is good when you need always be kicked while you not gain your results. It is very effective for people who need stimulation apart of motivation.

L_K_M, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  3. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not all mentors are equal. You should have a list of questions that qualify for them to be a mentor. This can be simply because they are strong in a certain skill that you may need or learn.

James Byun, Mar 1, 2012 IP
  4. pendulum

pendulum Guest

Best Answers:
    A coach can be the easiest way to succeed FAST! BUT big one too, you need to hire the right coach, someone who already done what you want to accomplish, not to mention other obvious stuff like how easy it is to contact him, will he personally coach you or give you his assistant (some do that), does he really care for your success? Find someone you like, and trust!

But if you do it's a shortcut to success that's without a doubt!

pendulum, Mar 2, 2012 IP
  5. PPCoach

PPCoach Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been doing coaching for a couple of years. I mainly focus in PPC coaching, but also have done a lot of SEO/Social Media training.

The upside to hiring a GOOD mentor is the knowledge you can gain almost immediately. The secrets I've gathered over 5+ of IM can be shared with you over the course of a month. This isn't stuff you can get out of a "guru" eBook. This is real knowledge that has come out of my successes and my failures.

The downsides is finding the right mentor. You can usually tell after the first meeting if you're going to work well with your mentor or not.

If you have any more questions, you know who to ask.

PPCoach, Mar 2, 2012 IP
  6. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't think it is absolutely necessary. If you find the right coach though who will give you legitimate ideas and treat you more as a partner than a student, then you're likely to find that the relationship will be beneficial long into the future. I've teamed up with several people and we still help eachother out today with different things and suggestions. It makes it nice to be able to have someone you can talk to privately about issues that you don't want to make public when it comes to marketing. :)

PHPGator, Mar 2, 2012 IP
  7. JustusKim

JustusKim Peon

Best Answers:
    I definitely recommend getting a coach if you really want to succeed in IM. And not those kind of coaching where they give you a few videos to watch. Or they draft out an action plan and just leave you to do it on your own. You want a coach who will take care of you on a long term basis. The only problem is that good coaches who gives you their full attention does not come cheap. Those who offer cheap coaching normally will give you a book to read, get one of their assistance to answer your questions or just give you a few videos to watch. There is a give and take here. You pay more for one to one phone coaching where they cater directly to your IM level.

JustusKim, Mar 4, 2012 IP
  8. Quahas

Quahas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Does anyone have suggestions to who'm to go? I'm interested in marketing my own products & affiliate products, funnels & email marketing.

Seems hard to find a coach that would really be my coach, and not just lay out a plan for me to follow without him helping me at all.

Quahas, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  9. JustusKim

JustusKim Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest someone like Jarrett Stevenson. He is a really cool guy and he made big from having nothing at all. However his coaching is not cheap...but trust me, if you go on your own (unless you are an extremely disciplined person) you will end up buying products after products which you think will work, the cost of which would add up to thousands. Think about your time also, which is priceless. For Jarrett, it is not easy to get into his coaching though. Most good coaches wants good students. You have to prove to him that you are taking IM seriously and not just for a get rich quick scheme. If you feel it is too pricy for you, then you have to find a compromise.

There are coaches like Shan Nathan who offers coaching at a cheaper price but with limited phone calls. Or Tristan Bull, whose coaching I have tried before. But Tristan's coaching is not so much one to one. He offers email support with his own video course for his coaching, with a pre-fixed method for making money. But it is not like those coaching where a blueprint is written specifically and only for you. Kenster is also a reputable coach.

Sometimes you can check out forums and some people are willing to give you advises, guidance and tips even for free.

You can find out more about these coaches at the Warrior Forum.

JustusKim, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  10. markinternet

markinternet Member

Best Answers:
    A great coach can work wonders to your confidence and give you ultimate direction and guidance in getting you to where you want to go.do it.

markinternet, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  11. eneroil

eneroil Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes i would suggest you hire coach..........

eneroil, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  12. ukam

ukam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Admittedly I taught myself everything I need to know to make money online but had a lot of support through networking with like minded people. This didn't cost me anything and it's surprising how many helpful people there are out there.

ukam, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  13. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are many coaches out there that would charge thousands.. if you are not good at copywriting or building a squeeze page hire aomeone to do it. Most of them will help you with the e-mail sequence too.. build a funnel so you could promote your products and affiliate products as well..

kb24, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  14. Quahas

Quahas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks JustusKim for the recommendations, but I would rather not go with the big names, as they usually don't provide good support (from my experience, possibly not true for everyone).
    I think the best coach for a beginner would be someone who has just himself reached consistent income of couple k's, however I haven't really found this kind of one.

Quahas, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  15. CRPP

CRPP Peon

Best Answers:
    You really dont need a coach. Everything they learned was probably self taught, which means they did what you can do without a coach. Just pick an area of IM, learn as MUCH as you can about it, apply, experiment, fail, apply again, learn, make money. It really comes down to that.

CRPP, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  16. promarketing

promarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    hi My name is Lisa, and it is always a good idea to get a coach, They have experience, of course you want someone who know and has been doing marketing online for a while. I am a marketing coach and it is all basics of marketing and learning everything you have to for, I have read many ebooks educational books and I am also a manager with a degree in Business management, I have been online for 10 years, and I like what I do you have to have a passion for something to do it consistently especially online. My recommendation is read about copy-writing first, it's the foundation of your business, If you are in need of a good ebook let me know.
    Lisa

promarketing, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  17. aaslin

aaslin Peon

Best Answers:
    If you know what you have to do,do it yourself.

aaslin, Mar 7, 2012 IP
  18. deltagci

deltagci Peon

Best Answers:
    You are going to hiring coach? regarding which propose? By the way coach always positive but make sure they must have experience the domain.

deltagci, Mar 9, 2012 IP
  19. famous2313

famous2313 Member

Best Answers:
    Its always good to have a coach or mentor you can follow in there foot steps.
    Having a mentor will only cut your learning curve by months or even years.

famous2313, Mar 10, 2012 IP