1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do not throw your precious time away

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by MindBuzz, Feb 28, 2012.

Very important: do not waste your time desperately trying to earn money on the internet. Life is short and you will most likely waste lots and lots of time that you never get back. Work on getting a degree and work on your dreams in the real life out there, do internet things as a side project. If you work on a great idea and you're committed to it, keep going. That's not waste of time. However, please note that very few people have a truly great idea. I've done it this way and not only do I have a degree and reputable job which I love, I've also got a network of quality sites which earn very well.

All the best

MindBuzz, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  2. humanlibrary

humanlibrary Peon

Best Answers:
    very true...........
    thx 4 giving suggestion to us...................

humanlibrary, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  3. chinasa

chinasa Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing this advise.

chinasa, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  4. sarahH1

sarahH1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great advice!

sarahH1, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  5. MarPlo

MarPlo Member

Best Answers:
    Hi
    MindBuzz I agree whith what you say.
    Indeed, things made with pasion give you satisfaction.
    In fact, let's think for what we want money, then we'll find that we can get that satisfaction, joy doing good things, and simply living the day.

MarPlo, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  6. MindBuzz

MindBuzz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes indeed MarPlo

MindBuzz, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  7. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    A degree is not part of my dreams.
    I dropped out of high school when I was 16 and didn't even bother to get my results on the way out. I've been self employed ever since.
    I've worked for universities, I've worked with academics. I'm happy to take their money, but they're not getting any of it back.
    Do what feels right. Do what you enjoy. Do what you want. :)

Kerosene, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  8. MindBuzz

MindBuzz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Kerosene: what do you do?

"Do what feels right. Do what you enjoy. Do what you want." Yes, but most importantly, do something valuable.

MindBuzz, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  9. ukam

ukam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Definitely agree with Keroscene here. Take this on board.

ukam, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  10. MindBuzz

MindBuzz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I love my degree, it proves that I am able to play the game well, you know? But to each his own of course, not everybody needs a degree. It was just meant as an example: do not rely on the virtual world alone, do not put all your eggs into one basket. Be a success out there and in the digital world as well, makes you win.

MindBuzz, Mar 5, 2012 IP
    Kerosene likes this.
  11. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    For money? Graphic designer and web developer, + I run my own sites.
    My time, and the luxury to do with it what I want, is more valuable than anything to me. If I decide to sit and stare at the sun all day, or work 48 hours straight for a client ... if it makes me happy, that's all that matters to ME :)
    As long as you're fully aware that it is all a game ... and that it's not the only game in town :p

Kerosene, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  12. edwineddy

edwineddy Peon

Best Answers:
    Great and good. well said MR. like you post very much.

edwineddy, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  13. profitmotive

profitmotive Peon

Best Answers:
    "Work on getting a degree" <-- lol at this being a part of your "don't waste your time" post

profitmotive, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  14. jojolinkspost

jojolinkspost Peon

Best Answers:
    hi dear,,very true...........
    thanks for giving suggestion to us.,,,I love my degree, it proves that I am able to play the game well, you know? But to each his own of course, not everybody needs a degree. It was just meant as an example: do not rely on the virtual world alone, do not put all your eggs into one basket. Be a success out there and in the digital world as well, makes you win.

jojolinkspost, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  15. MindBuzz

MindBuzz Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Kerosene: :)
    @jojolinkspost: :)

@profitmotive: Huh, where are you coming from? Work on getting a degree in a field that you love of course. Why laugh? Makes no sense to me, as it is absolutely awesome to get a degree in what you love. :) It comes to you naturally if you love what you do. What do you do for a living?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
    MindBuzz, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  16. profitmotive

profitmotive Peon

Best Answers:
    Because genius, getting a degree is no better or more important than doing anything else that you love if it's going to to make you money in the long run.

The irony here is that you're saying spending your time learning a skill that may or may not make you money (internet marketing) could be a waste of time. But getting a degree, which may or may not make you money, is what you should do instead. Laughable...

Ask all of the out of work college graduates out there how that whole degree thing is working out for them. It's no less a gamble than spending your time learning IM. That's my point.

This attitude you have is what separates successful entrepreneurs from the rest of the sheep. For the sheep, planning to fail at entrepreneurship before you even try is prudent. To the entrepreneur, there is no such thing as failure.

profitmotive, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  17. MindBuzz

MindBuzz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not a genius, and I don't care much about loads of money. I care about value. I've experienced value and success coming on their own if one really loves what one does and one is committed to putting ones energy into ones field by working hard. Success rate is so much higher by having a reputable degree than to be solely on your own, because it's so much harder to proof that you're good. And it's so much easier to gain a valuable job and make good money by being a win in the real life game than to be on your own on the internet. Your post doesn't make much sense to me, because my attitude makes me win in both games. I don't rely on my sites and what I do on the internet, I earn very well on both sides, as stated above. It wouldn't affect me much if all of my sites were suddenly gone.

addendum: By the way, having sites that run adsense and such does not make you an entrepreneur at all, if you ask me.

MindBuzz, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  18. tomcthomas

tomcthomas Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya..it is really a good idea.

tomcthomas, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  19. icegin

icegin Peon

Best Answers:
    ^ This. I completely agree with what Kerosene says. It's perfectly fine if you want to get a degree but it's not a determinant of your future success or happiness. Discover what you really want to do in this life and do whatever it takes to get there :)

icegin, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  20. casdir

casdir Guest

Best Answers:
    I think it's important not to waste any time in general. There is nothing wrong with pursuing a real life or online business opportunity if it's a good idea. But I agree that wasted time cannot be reclaimed, so it's important to enjoy your life and make the most of it.

casdir, Mar 6, 2012 IP