1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Google's Sandbox still exists?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Mr_Kumar, Mar 4, 2012.

Hi,

I have many sites.... I have experience that around only 20% of new sites behave like if they are sandboxed. I believe Sandbox is gone thing.

Why I believe this?

Because... Google is now smart enough to decide if the content on page is worth enough to show in top ranks or not. So it don't need to depend on age factor of website. Another thing... new and fresh content is favorite thing of Google.

What you guys think?

Mr_Kumar, Mar 4, 2012 IP
  2. sisatel

sisatel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sand box is a kind of google's supplimental index, where google keep those websites which it thought suspicious. By saying suspicious I mean that google do not trust the website's authenticity in terms of the visitors' experience. Also the sand box applies to only new websites. If you are promoting a new website, doing lots of stuff to get back links it may sand boxed.

sisatel, Mar 4, 2012 IP
  3. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Okay.

I have one website.. which got PR3 in last PR update (seems not very relevant thing), and got deep links in SERPs for few keywords. Like when your search few keywords, my site appear on #1 to #4 and few deep links are also displayed. But my website lost ranks for most of top keywords. Website is new (3-4 months). I think this is not the case of Sandboxed. It is some penalty. Do you think same?

Mr_Kumar, Mar 4, 2012 IP
  4. sisatel

sisatel Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think this is penalty. I've suffered with same problem. In my case there were some inconsistency in my OffPage optimization effort.
    The algorithm uses technology that Google built last year in response to the greater speed at which people were publishing updates online. It is a Web indexing system it calls Caffeine, which crawls the Web more quickly, updating Google’s index of Web sites continuously instead of every couple of weeks.

sisatel, Mar 4, 2012 IP
    Mr_Kumar likes this.
  5. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    @sisatel, I don't understand your point here. I request you to elaborate it.

What kind of inconsistency you found? and how?

How Google Caffeine can alter ranks?

Mr_Kumar, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  6. vistha82

vistha82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    well my site suffered same.It was on top on almost all the keywords and suddenly it has gone from first 10 pages.i thought it could be google dance so i kept on building quality links but i dint see any luck and it has gone pass now 4 weeks.So i decided to start new project.now i can say sandbox still exist.

vistha82, Mar 5, 2012 IP
  7. Mr_Kumar

Mr_Kumar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Is there any Sandbox detection tool still available? May be... any method to confirm it directly or indirectly?

Mr_Kumar, Mar 6, 2012 IP
  8. turkishhomes

turkishhomes Peon

Best Answers:
    How can there be a tool to detect something for which there is no actual evidence even exists?

turkishhomes, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  9. turkishhomes

turkishhomes Peon

Best Answers:
    There is a difference between being penalized for something and a site just losing its ranking position. We know that a new site can take a few months before it becomes stable in SERP. If it is an established site then if there is a problem you should know what you have and haven't done with it and be able to put things right. That is of course assuming that it isn't a case of your competitors having upped their game and overtaken you. The Google dance was something specific that happened years ago when Google only updated rankings every month, it has long since gone.

turkishhomes, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  10. QTTg

QTTg Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I believe the sandbox still be there. If you build your site backlinks too fast. Google will take it to the sandbox.

QTTg, Mar 20, 2012 IP
  11. mike ometeo

mike ometeo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    from my experience there's no full proof way to avoid the sandbox when loading a new site. The ones spared of this annoying Google idea are trademark sites or known brand sites.
    It can take a few months for a site to stabilize and it will many times show a pattern of going out and back into sandbox. Sometimes in a matter of days.
    I don't remember having a site kicked all the way out of the 10 first pages . In your case, vistha82, its sounds more like a penalty for excessive link building.

mike ometeo, Apr 9, 2012 IP
  12. casand

casand Peon

Best Answers:
    The sandbox technology by google is very different and I am hearing for the first time

casand, Apr 10, 2012 IP