1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

keyword density and keyword frequency in a page?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by San Diego Real Estate, Feb 11, 2005.

Ok guys since...

Keywords are the prime factor in optimization and since there could be lot of keywords for a webpage.

What is correct proportion of keyword density and keyword frequency for optimizing a webpage optimum?

San Diego Real Estate, Feb 11, 2005 IP
  2. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I've heard it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 15%. I've never really looked at my kw density, but with this new G update, I will be doing just that this weekend.

mopacfan, Feb 11, 2005 IP
  3. San Diego Real Estate

San Diego Real Estate Peon

Best Answers:
    MopacFan,

Thanks for your feedback! Do you know where I can get the latest on this?

4. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mopac,

Don't be hasty, but let me know if it works... ;)

NewComputer, Feb 11, 2005 IP
  5. Juls

Juls Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hmmm interesting so do you all think density and frequency plays a large factor.... i was also under the impression that where you place the keywords is vital like near the top and a certain number of times throughout the page...

heh i dont know.. i am still learning... :)

Juls, Feb 11, 2005 IP
  6. San Diego Real Estate

Best Answers:
    Juls,

Thanks for the feedback...Where can I get additional info on that?

7. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I know that your kw should appear throughout the entire content of the page. It is important to have the kw's in the title and the meta tags as well as in an header tag and bolding the kw's once or twice may help as well. In addition, use the alt tags, but don't 'stuff' them. Make the alt text readable with the kw's.

mopacfan, Feb 11, 2005 IP
  8. Juls

Juls Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    mopacfan you summarized it well.... generally i find that my pages have a natural keyword density between 5-15%... heh not that i really try to achieve that but i analyse it afterwards... also the way i do it is to just start free writing to form the content of the page on subject and replace certain words with my keywords/phrases that are relative synonyms...

hope that helps...

also i find tons of articles on it on google... from seochat, seoguy, ect... lots of ppl are publishing the general techniques... sorry i dont have an actual link for you..

Juls, Feb 11, 2005 IP
    mopacfan likes this.
  9. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    I've heard 2% to 15% - the keyword density checker does this for you, though you need to subscribe to the service to parse pages over 40k and certain file types... handy little tool to have in your armory ;)

<edit>and also does the prominence for you too :) </edit>

Lever, Feb 11, 2005 IP
  10. rankagent

rankagent Peon

Best Answers:
    Did a lot of reading on this subject the last 3 days. Only one thing is definite - yep, you know where this is going - KD is an excellent example of the Goolge black box. Noboby knows anything for certain - everything's an assumption.

It's almost comical how all the KD analyzers out there confidently produce results and yet don't know enough to classify what they've interpreted. None of the analyzers I encountered were so bold as to tell you which of your %s were correct or incorrect. Even the analyzer mentioned directly above - which clearly was one of the better I encountered - failed on this fundamental level.

rankagent, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  11. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    You're right, Rankagent, this does seem to be an assumption, however I don't think that anyone just picked these figures out of the blue, so there must a logical reason for them, whether it's documented or not.

There are similar figures in the print industry for readability of lines of copy - after X amount of words, lines of text become "unreadable" - hence newspapers are divided into columns not long rows...

The ranks.nl analyzer does actually have a colour code to highlight where each individual keyword listed in the report is within the 2-15% range...
    These are after all just tools to aid us in our quests, and I'm happy that someone took the time to build them :)

Lever, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  12. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    Go by the top five ranked sites for your targeted keyword. I've seen some really high densities, and some really low ones ranked highly. You want to emulate the guys who are already winning the game.

nevetS, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  13. rankagent

rankagent Peon

Best Answers:
    Lever, I appreciate the quest and effort behind the density analyzers. However, they do still make me tip my hat to Google once again as we all stumble about.

While the ranks.nl analyzer is clearly one of the most thoughtful, it's full of holes. Its default range is 2-15%, a bit indeterminate I'd say. The very fact that they also allow you to vary from that range is revealing. On top of that, their settings to determine exactly what is analyzed reveal they don't know the answer to the fundamental question. Should one care about KD across the entire code or only the visible text?

Having said that, it's still a nice tool, assuming you already bring some assumptions about KD with you to the table.

rankagent, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  14. Lever

Lever Deep Thought

Best Answers:
    Fair, enough, rankagent :)

I tend to use the tool to assist with getting the primary KWTs to the fore. Sometimes pages with a lot of "noise" (menus, sub-menus) can push the primary KWT down the list and an unexpected or unwanted KWT will take precedence; then I may adjust the page accordingly.

If you need to seperate background from content, then the workaround is to also run the analyser on 1) pages with no content and 2) on basic pages with just the content ;)

Lever, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  15. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I always try to aim for around 10%, I certainly wouldn't go any higher that 15%, although Yahoo does seem to like spammy pages :)

MattUK, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  16. San Diego Real Estate

Best Answers:
    MattUk you hit that right on...emulating your competition what I have found works best ;)

San Diego Real Estate, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  17. nohaber

nohaber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Keyword density is a no good relevancy factor. I don't know who came up with this nonsense. It is keyword frequency that matters, the type of match (phrase match, almost a phrase match) + keyword order. Keyword density is only good for spam detection.

On page factors won't do anything significant for competitive keywords. It is the anchor text, page rank and how optimized for the keywords (relevant) are the pages that give you the link.

nohaber, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  18. tulangkering

tulangkering Peon

Best Answers:
    I am still confused about the keyword destiny ....,,how much influence the destiny's keyword of the seo effect???

tulangkering, Feb 29, 2012 IP