1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Top 10 Free Stock Photos Sites

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by ht125, Dec 11, 2011.

PhotoRack
    Photo Rack has a huge collection of over 27,000 images, nicely categorized. The categories are broken down into subcategories, but there is no search function. This is a place to browse, seeking that perfect image. No registration required. No ability to upload, but downloading is a breeze.

Stock.XCHNG
    Stock.XCHNG is my favorite site for free stock photography. Searching and browsing is a breeze, and they even include a lightbox, which is a handy way to save images for later use.

Everystockphoto
    This is a huge resource, currently indexing over 3 million photos! Every Stock is a search engine for free photos, and it searches many of the sites listed here. Search options allow you to specify
    license type. Highly recommended.

Imagebase
    The photos on Imagebase are free to use, and are licensed under a Creative Commons license. Images are available in two high resolution (1600 x 1200 or 3072×2048) formats.

Morguefile
    Morguefile is a completely free source for stock photos. Check the FAQ for usage. The term “morgue file” is used by illustrators and others for a stockpile of images used for reference material. Nothing ghoulish about it!

Openphoto
    Openphoto groups their completely free photos by categories, and offers a search function as well. Registration is only necessary if you’d like to upload photos.

Stockvault
    Stockvault is a very classy, modern site with thousands of images and some Photoshop tutorials. Membership is free and unlocks some additional features, such as a lightbox. Definitely worth a look.

Unprofound
    Unprofound is unusual in that photos are grouped by color, rather than category. There is also a search function. Registration is not necessary, but allows you to create a free online portfolio, and to contribute to the ever-growing collection.

FreePixels
    Freepixels has corporate-type images usually only found on pay-per-image sites. It has a search function, categories, and a tag cloud, so finding an image is easy. There are also some good abstract backgrounds here.

FreeFoto
    Freefoto is made up of 117600 images with 153 sections organized into 3285 categories. There’s a search function, and usage is unrestricted. Just include an attribution link back to Freefoto.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
    ht125, Dec 11, 2011 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  2. karthimx

karthimx Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing, nice free stock photos.

here is few

Free Media Goo

karthimx, Dec 12, 2011 IP
  3. ColinLiang

ColinLiang Peon

Best Answers:
    I was looking for something like this. Thanks heaps. Freestockphotos dot com is pretty sweet as well. Also check out Flickr and search under Creative Commons Commercial license. The breadth and quality of images are amazing.

ColinLiang, Dec 16, 2011 IP
  4. TJ24

TJ24 Peon

Best Answers:
    really helpful, didn't know some of these.

TJ24, Dec 17, 2011 IP
  5. leonight

leonight Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the share

leonight, Dec 17, 2011 IP
  6. bitterbeam

bitterbeam Peon

Best Answers:
    it's really valuable that you did this share, i only knew getty images

bitterbeam, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  7. bobbym

bobbym Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thank you for sharing

bobbym, Dec 22, 2011 IP
  8. Endless Rain

Endless Rain Member

Best Answers:
    A very good list for stock photos! Thank you so much for compiling them all. I only knew photorack and Im quite contended with it until you showed the other sites. I will be using them for a new banner I plan on making for my new website.

Endless Rain, Dec 25, 2011 IP
  9. jareso

jareso Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest Dreamstime photo agency to be added to the list. They contain huge paid database but also "Free Images" section where hundreds of thousands images can be downloaded and used for free of charge.

jareso, Dec 26, 2011 IP
  10. Matt_Baker

Matt_Baker Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing.. I really love Stock.XCHNG it gives me good images. :)

Matt_Baker, Dec 26, 2011 IP
  11. Flashnest

Flashnest Peon

Best Answers:
    You left out http://www.myfreedigitalphotos.com and http://www.publicdomainpictures.net The sites you listed have great images but if you use one of their images for commerical use or on your site then it gets complicated and costly... The ones I've listed offer the use of their images with no strings attached. All they require is a link back to their site should you use one of their images online....

Flashnest, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  12. CPABeyond

CPABeyond Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing

CPABeyond, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  13. photalian

photalian Peon

Best Answers:
    Stockxchange has a lot of decent images, but almost always you're going to spend a lot of time editing the stock photos in order to get the quality good enough for high-resolution print use.

photalian, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  14. maico144

maico144 Member

Best Answers:
    I have a lot of pictures on istockphoto[dot]com, i can share some picture if you need .

maico144, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  15. xenDa

xenDa Member

Best Answers:
    I'll keep this info. thankyou. it's very useful

xenDa, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  16. thietkelogo

thietkelogo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing, it is useful for my works

thietkelogo, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  17. Techz SEO

Techz SEO Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What's all about Stock photos site?

Techz SEO, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  18. naruto100

naruto100 Peon

Best Answers:
    Quite good collection.. Can you tell me if this site is also giving free icons or not..

IconArchive.. I can't past link here for now.. Just google this keyword..

This is containing good icons but I don't know whether I can download and publish them on my article for free or not?

naruto100, Mar 2, 2012 IP
  19. CIScripts

CIScripts Member

Best Answers:
    You should look into the License row on every individual icon. I'd be careful when downloading from sites like that one tho, and always check the original source.

When it comes to icons, there are tons of individual authors posting free versions of their commercial sets. You can also find some of the very popular icon sets that are used by almost every third website like the fugue icon set :)

CIScripts, Mar 2, 2012 IP
  20. frances127

frances127 Peon

Best Answers:
    I want to add more resource: Hope it will be helpful

[h=2]Free Images[/h]Just one thing to remember when you head for Freeimages: If you want to use images from the site, you are required to give a credit link back to the website. This is part of Freeimages’ survival strategy in order to be able to continue supplying images for free. Also, please look through the image use license of Freeimages before you use their photos.
    [h=2]Public Domain Photos[/h]Public Domain Photos contains 5000 photos, 8000 clip-art images, all of which are free and of high-quality, especially landscape pictures. The images are “public domain” or “no known copyright restricted”. This means you have the right to use most of the photos uploaded on the website. However, please avoid images like logos or products because they are trademarked.
    [h=2]Freestock Photos[/h]With more than 10,000 photos, Freestock Photos is famous for its large source of good- quality images. The images are provided free of charge under different licenses such as Creative Commons, Public Domain and custom Agreements. You are required to abide by the image license and usage terms before downloading. The license info is listed right below each image.
    [h=2]Free Digital Photos[/h]When you need to find free images for website illustrations or presentations, Free Digital Photos is a good option. They allow you to download free photos in small size, usually less than 400px. If you want to use the photos for designing or printing purposes, you have to purchase. Prices range from $3 to $10 depending on the size of the image.

[h=2]Open Photos[/h]Openphoto images are contributed under a Creative Commons license, normally Attribution-ShareAlike. You can register and download the photo for free; don’t forget to pay attention to the required attribution information marked on every photo.
    Notice that some images on the first line of the search results will lead to Dreamtime, where you have to pay a little for each image.

[h=2]Flickr[/h]Flickr sounds familiar to you, doesn't it? This is a good starting for you to search for images via its Advanced Search. From here, you can filter your searching and safely find reusable photos. You might want photos under Creative Commons license or commercial photos to get better quality, just click on the boxes.
    Comfight image store is a good way to help you look for images on Flickr effectively. Clicking on "show me what Comfight can do" right underneath the Search bar and you will see the pictures as well as a Search selectors on the right sidebar. The image you select will be directed to Flickr website.

frances127, Mar 5, 2012 IP