1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Promote products in both US and UK,same site content,different keywords,is that OK?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by sherley, Feb 28, 2012.

I want to promote my products in both US and UK, so I planed to set up two sites,one for US,one for UK.Only the keywords settings on page would be different,but the products description, products pictures and most of the content of these two sites would be the same.I s that OK to do this???I'm worried about to be punished by google.Who can help to give me an answer?It would be better if you can leave me an answer with reference.Thank you very much~

sherley, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  2. Harga

Harga Member

Best Answers:
    That would class as duplicate content... it would be best if you reworded the description then you would have 2 unique pages. Then both pages have a good chance of ranking.

Harga, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  3. sherley

sherley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just reworded the description could be OK??Is there any reference that I can know more about this problem??Our company want to promote our brand, so, we want to keep the same style and most of the content of the already had US site.The UK site is under planning.Thank you so much~

sherley, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  4. RM Mentor

RM Mentor Peon

Best Answers:
    A good strategy is to build a blog network for traffic. Using separate domains and hosting, you can get a lot of free traffic this way.

You can also use free WordPress sites and Google Blogger sites. You can also use Google Wonder Wheel to expand the topic areas around your niche... you can use UK and US domains and variations of key words.

Try Google Wonder Wheel too to expand on your topic area.

RM Mentor, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  5. sherley

sherley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    HI~thank you for your reply,but there is a misunderstanding here.We've already had our US site. So we planned to set up another UK one. It is planned to be nearly the same with our US one, so that our customer can know this kind of design belonged to us.Later we'll add more language like German, French,ect.usThus, the problem now is whether google will define us as cheating by seo or not after we set up another UK site nearly just copy the US one.Or is there any ways to aviod this when follow our original idea?Thanks again.

sherley, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  6. iTippy

iTippy Peon

Best Answers:
    This may seem vague, but its rather simple. Besides the point of duplicates, I agree with Mentor using a WP site and/or Blooger.

iTippy, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  7. sherley

sherley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi~could you give me an example???
    a WP site and/or Blooger with shopping cart?

sherley, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  8. Sun Marc

Sun Marc Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest unique content on both site

Sun Marc, Feb 29, 2012 IP