1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get Backlinks on Long Tail Keywords, for better SEO ??

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Rajnish357, Feb 26, 2012.

I think long tail keyword are better than short tails, but I am unable to get backlinks on long tail keywords.
    Can anyone give me some idea on how to get backlinks on long tail keywords ?

Rajnish357, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  2. syxxx

syxxx Peon

Best Answers:
    Utilize them on forum posts, blog posts, and wherever you can build links. Since they are longtail you likely won't need a whole bunch of them to get ranked high if not many other people are using those said words. May try to build a few through PMing people on here trading.

syxxx, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  3. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Heres my 2 cents:

Start off, by making your list of longtail keywords. Also check if it is low competition. (most overlooked when doing keyword research)
    Long tail keyword example:
    how to lose weight

Some stuff to be aware of though, because longtail keywords dont bring enough traffic alone, you might have to have more then 1 longtail keyword.

Then I would go back on my wordpress, joomla, drupal website and set those keywords, when you do this there is plugins called "All in one Seo" for wordpress like I am using, that actually helps you set this. If your having trouble, there is always tons of youtube videos out there to cross reference on small technical work.

I hope this helps, and use it as a reference! :p

If anything, you can pm me or ask and I`ll be happy to help.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
    James Byun, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  4. elizabethjean733

elizabethjean733 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    longtail keywords are very easy to rank and get them on first page easily, but you are right that some times it is difficult to get link on long tail keywords, specially in disucss commenting system.

elizabethjean733, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  5. Rich Sabena

Rich Sabena Member

Best Answers:
    if you gt longtail keyword with lower comp onpage seo with h1,h2,h3 including bold,italic underline post optimized is enough for panda and increasing your serp

Rich Sabena, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  6. Rajnish357

Rajnish357 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @syxxx
    In forums if I will include a Long tail keyword like "Most Dangerous Computer Virus" they will surly close my account.

@elizabeth
    Non of the commenting system allow long tail keyword, that why I am facing this problem !!

@Rich Sabena
    I include the keyword in Title which is in H1 tag.

Rajnish357, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  7. sheena2012

sheena2012 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, because long tail keywords is very specific and there are only few searches for that. low competition and small chances of page competition as well.

sheena2012, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  8. lportho

lportho Peon

Best Answers:
    Long tail keyword is easy to rank search engine easily. but we can face the problem for getting back links for website specially in comment discussion.but we can generate back links from an other source like forum posting, social book marking, article submission, press release,directory submission etc.

lportho, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  9. linda009

linda009 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello

So I think long tail keyword are better than short tails, but I am unable to get on long tail keywords.
    Can anyone give me some idea on how to get backlinks on long tail keywords ?

linda009, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  10. Monika.v

Monika.v Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello Rajnish357,

Long tail keywords are good in seo prospective, but they generally not generate good traffic. So you should optimize your keywords according o your business to get high traffic. And after that you can do forum posting, article writing, blog creating to embed long keywords. generally social bookmarking and directory submission allow 65-75 characters in title, so these two activities will not help you a lot.

Monika.v, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  11. Rajnish357

Rajnish357 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't agree that Long tail keyword don't get much traffic.

Rajnish357, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  12. Monika.v

Monika.v Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    But its my personal experience and i have also noticed in Google keyword analysis tool that long tail keywords generally not get too much traffic.

Monika.v, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  13. datatrond

datatrond Active Member

Best Answers:
    Getting good rankings on long tail keywords is not just easier, but they are also converting better. the longer the tail gets, the easier it ranks and more conversion effective it gets. Doing keyword research in Google Keyword Tool (exact match), focusing on finding the "intent" and solving their "problems" on the landing pages is effective. Yes, short generic search phrases gets more traffic because they have higher search volumes, but that shouldn't stop you from targeting them included in the long tail!

My best tip is guest blogging, link baits like "case studies", offering more "solutions" and less "information".

SEObook offers a very good article about how to get more links to your side: http://www.seobook.com/archives/001792.shtml

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
    datatrond, Feb 29, 2012 IP