1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are Traffic Exchanges Even Worth It?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by EGS, Feb 25, 2012.

I wanted to return to traffic exchanges out of curiosity and every site that is in there is some type of offer to the newbie webmaster. I can't believe it. And some of the members of the traffic exchanges, are claiming they're making money.

What's it take nowadays to actually excel in a traffic exchange? What's it take to convert? Back in my day, in the early 2000's: 2000, 2001, 2002, and maybe even 2003, it was just regular sites that weren't being picked up by Google exchanging traffic with one another in the hopes of gaining some appeal/interest. Now it seems like a marketing gimmick to lure people into really badly designed sites and pages. A lot of sites being advertised are the I promise I'll make you $100,000 in 7 days or even what gets me, are other traffic exchanges. :confused:

EGS, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  2. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I guess with your smarts and experience you have to A) Think Like A Noob again, B) Use your experience to stooge others. C) Start a paid to site or similar. It's been my experience that the only things that work with these shonky sites are other traffic exchanges... or paying people to watch videos, like (FB), twitter followers etc.

Below I have entered several related search terms into Google Insights and you can see the popularity decreasing in these areas - over the years, there's one exception and that's "Get Paid To" - but that can mean various things also...

http://www.google.com/insights/sear...traffic exchange,auto surf,get paid to&cmpt=q

I think they're long gone, but I remember those days...

thsadmin, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  3. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well it's ridiculous. I tried advertising a legit PTC site. I tried offering free traffic at my expense. I even tried to advertise my domain registrar in which is cheap as he|| that gives new customers 500 unique targeted visitors for free. None of it worked. It seems like the only things converting into memberships are other traffic exchanges. One traffic exchange is too much work as it is. I prefer manual traffic exchanges because at least people, for the most part, are forced to see your site. All my offers have been legit too.

I'm not even sure what a safelist is nowadays but I guess that's an opt-in list. Seems like that works well for people too. Traffic exchanges have really declined over the years. I used to "kind of" like them because it would promote your site when search engines were just starting. Back then timers were 20-30 seconds and you actually received a good number of credits per page. Now you get like 0.33 credits and the timer is 7 seconds, and the ratio is like 5:1, so you have to see 5 pages for yours to be displayed once. It is ridiculous.

The only legit one that I will try is Traffic Swarm. I will try it one more time. They seem to have kept their quality up and you can choose what kind of sites you want to see. Also the link you gave me, at the biggest traffic exchanges are nothing but newbie Indian users. They really consider Traffic Exchanges a form of Internet Marketing. It doesn't do anything for you. At least building links is a lot more stable and not something you have to sit and work your a$$ off everyday for.

EGS, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  4. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I only liked them when I owned traffic exchanges, blog comments, buying members, small jobs, video plays and youtube comments etc. You'll see a lot of indians, paki's, Nigerian's etc. A) Cos it's easy money... B) They scam the shit out of exploits in them, C) They boost their site views and sell them off here LoL - I wouldn't use one for my site unless I was selling something to noobs or in that same field... it's waste of bandwidth - even with long timers - they still have a shit load of sites open at once... I used to have about 15 surfs going at once...

thsadmin, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  5. JerryRogers

JerryRogers Member

Best Answers:
    Not worth it. Its crappy, untargeted traffic. Not worth your time.

JerryRogers, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  6. mackjack1947

mackjack1947 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I think traffic exchange is not good for webmasters and website Reputation.
    So please do not use Traffic Exchange.

Thanks

mackjack1947, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  7. ArwenTaylor

ArwenTaylor Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. Most people on traffic exchange sites are only clicking through to gain credits to buy traffic to their site. I used to do traffic exchanges a lot back in the day but it was all low quality traffic that didn't convert.

ArwenTaylor, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  8. volatile_boy

volatile_boy Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as there is yearning for money, there will be scammers around and people ready to get scammed too. We can think when we were also noobs, so nothing different, everyone passes through this stage and there is always a set of people going through that stage on daily basis, so the market is their to 'scam'.

volatile_boy, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  9. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's hard to get my head around - how these people can be scammed though, I see it regularly here - that someone's been ripped off, someone's selling ancient PLR articles, someone's still selling and buying MFA's out of the box, even on flippa you see idiots lining up and buying "like" supplying websites that were made Yesterday and have made 2k already... maybe I have to forget my smarts and remember that there's noobs and suckers are still out there and start targeting these guys... mmm.

thsadmin, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  10. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Dude you are posting in the wrong spot and that has nothing to do with this post... dude even as a beginner 20 visitors - you should focus on that an hour... it's not much.

thsadmin, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  11. ArwenTaylor

ArwenTaylor Member

Best Answers:
    One of my favorite songs is Sweet Dreams by Eurythmics because it contains the line, "some of them want to use you, some of them want to get used by you". I'm not saying that everyone wants to get scammed, but there are some people out there just dying to get taken advantage of. You know who they are because they don't do any research and then cry when things go wrong. That's who those predators feed on, them and people looking for get rich quick schemes. No matter how much you tell people that making money online takes effort, they continue to look for the fast and easy way and end up getting scammed.

ArwenTaylor, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  12. iWantMuzik

iWantMuzik Member

Best Answers:
    traffic exchanges are great

iWantMuzik, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  13. xenon121

xenon121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    they are just focusing on lame ptc marketing. they are not saying much more than what are they earning. i have heard they started mlm marketing through it. found a little example in my local area last weeks. just focus on actual and real visitors.

xenon121, Feb 28, 2012 IP
  14. gebruike

gebruike Peon

Best Answers:
    Untargeted views, probably not worth much.

gebruike, Feb 28, 2012 IP