1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Flash sites are not google friendly?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jcs7alumni, Feb 26, 2012.

Hello guys,
    I want to ask all you members that how flash sites are not google friendly and why these kinds of sites not get good page ranking rapidly please tell me technically.
    Any suggestions are welcomed.

jcs7alumni, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  2. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Heres my 2 cents:

Flash sites, have a hard to spoon feeding google with ranking versus a blog. A blog is more friendly in ranking with google, because the less complexity within texts that picks up for the googles crawler spiders, which can be your keywords your aiming to rank. :cool:

I would only recommend flash sites, if you are doing the following:

1) Showing your portfolio or creating one
    2) Its perfect, if your a photographer, or anything in visual for portfolio work.

If this helped you, I appreciate rep points. "Click the thumb up icon"

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
    James Byun, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  3. C.Rebecca

C.Rebecca Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, google does not hate flash websites... Their spiders just find it hard to crawl other content media like videos and images flash websites.

Spiders can crawl textual content in SWF files of all kinds. This includes Flash "gadgets" such as buttons or menus, self-contained Flash websites, and everything in between.

Although search engines are still in their infancy to read and understand flash. Furthermore, the amount of website in Flash are miniscule... so... neither they need to worry about crawling flash content.

Its better that you make a text based website... than Flash based

C.Rebecca, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  4. Grand webmaster

Grand webmaster Peon

Best Answers:
    Another important factor to be kept in mind is about the loading time. Flash site takes a lot of time to be loaded.

Grand webmaster, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  5. johnmat

johnmat Member

Best Answers:
    Google bot can crawl the Flash websites having text content/ or swf's with xml. Betwen you can manage high ranking of your flash website by keeping following points into mind.

1. Include proper meta tags like Title, Description, Keywords.
    2. You can add some content in footer/header before your flash, explaining about your services etc.

With these data google will find enough of content to know about your flash page.

johnmat, Feb 27, 2012 IP