1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What could I do with my website (that once earned me 105$)?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by mypl, Feb 25, 2012.

Hi all.

I have this website ilearntoskateboard.com that I created some time ago. My idea was to earn some money with clickbank, but as for now, I have not made there even one dollar. However, I was doing a little bit of SEO for some time and at one moment I had PR=3. That's when I received an email with an offer and I sold just one link for 105$ for three months. Unfortunately, this thing finished. What's more, the PR is 0 at the moment.

Do you have any ideas what could I do with that site? Is there much sense in spending a lot of my time still doing SEO? I get only about 1-4 visitors a day, which is a crappy result. Most of them are those who google for phrases like "learn to skateboard". What do you think about the potential of the minisite? I was thinking about converting it to a landing page for an email list. What's your opinion?

Looking forward to your replies.

mypl, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  2. jamzzz

jamzzz Peon

Best Answers:
    I would first optimize your site before doing seo.
    If i was looking on how to learn skateboarding, that's what I want to find on that page. Now there's nothing on it...besides a button to a salespage. I'd suggest to make a quality website/landing page with useful info for people and put your CB-offer on your page as a banner or something like that. After that, seo and social media to gain traffic

jamzzz, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  3. micmac07

micmac07 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is that your product your offering? if not i would put together a ebook to give away for free to the people that optin,then redirect to the offer....
    this way your building your own list you can keep selling to time and time again...

and pay for some traffic....seo takes a lot of time and energy....and don't often see any results for months!

micmac07, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  4. msyaz

msyaz Peon

Best Answers:
    maybe u should offer your visitors "free" ebook whereby they will have to complete a survey in order to download them. try sharecash or uploadpay.

msyaz, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  5. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Heres what I would do:

1) I understood it made me money one point on the website, so I`ll focus on the keyword skateboarding, and anything related.
    2) Make my email list, by making awesome tips for doing how to do "kick flips" easily or hardest skateboarding tricks.
    3)Bigger plan, is to sell skateboard stuff for local skate shops and work out a deal
    4) Even better, if the skate shop owners are willing to take it off your hands and give you serious cash after its gaining traffic.

James Byun, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  6. List-Building-Coach

List-Building-Coach Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep first you need traffic and to get traffic you need content.

Have you thought of creating video to demonstrate skateboarding? These can easily be placed on youtube for traffic, but I would suggest compiling some "Epic fails" where skateboarders smash themselves into the ground head first. Make a few compilations and brand them with "Quit planting and start skating like a pro" with a link back to your site.

Yadayadayada.

Once they are there, sell the some streetgear with a banner ad, or create your own streetgear to sell via cafepress.

It's not difficult internet marketing if you think out of the box.

List-Building-Coach, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  7. louis d

louis d Member

Best Answers:
    Hello my friend,
    Turn it into an opt in page and build a list of subscribers. This wau you get to keep the traffic that comes your way (if they opt in ocourse)

The better the free gift that you give to build a list the higher your opt in conversions will be... The nice the graphic is of your free gift the better the comversions will be.... direct the eyes to the opt in form with bold attractive arrows and an attention getting headline... also write a bullet point list of the benefits of your free gift...

the first fiour days offer value to your list free ebooks, tips and tricks, dont mention anything about selling them something.... then email number five goes...

i wanted to introduce you to this awesome rocket skatebored that flys, its freaking awesome... tell them some key points about the skatebored,and some key benefits....

then say make sure to look out for the next email for access....

next email is an access button image with your affiliate link embedded in it... make sure its a button they get clicked more....

actionable coluours for buttons are red yellow and orange (geeky i know).. but what the hell...

also add personality to your emails its your business run it how the hell you want :)

louis d, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  8. louis d

louis d Member

Best Answers:
    sorry about he crappy grammer and poor spelling.... i type to fast :) :)

kindest regards Louis D

louis d, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  9. @Gyanguru

@Gyanguru Peon

Best Answers:
    You should also try to market your website thru social media and increase the mouth talk of the site thru your friends.

@Gyanguru, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  10. uoftenwinny

uoftenwinny Peon

Best Answers:
    I get confused between optimize and SEO. First, how to optimize a new website before doing SEO?
    In my opinion, if your site has good content and enough products, you can do SEO to promote the site.
    Uoften need to continue SEO work, at least one or two hours, it helps you to get more traffic.

uoftenwinny, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  11. @Gyanguru

@Gyanguru Peon

Best Answers:
    In my sense optimization would be like

Getting the code corrected so that the load time of page is faster (check google speed tool for it), second ease of use by the visitor it should not look complicated or clumsy for visitor while browsing websites

SEO if of two ways on page and off page

As mentioned earlier on page includes tag rectification, alt tags for images, formatting of text, keyword positioning, title and meta tag enhancement.

off page would be like social bookmarking, link building (there are several methods for it)

@Gyanguru, Feb 29, 2012 IP