1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adding chat script

Discussion in 'PHP' started by ArticleMarket, Feb 12, 2012.

Hello, I'd like to ask what is the best free chat script to add on my website. Should have private message option enabled. I tried one, but wasn't able to install it properly.

Thanks.

ArticleMarket, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  2. EricBruggema

EricBruggema Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL about BEST coz everyone has a differend opinion what is best.

Wich script did you try?

EricBruggema, Feb 14, 2012 IP
  3. adityamenon

adityamenon Peon

Best Answers:
    Which script did you try? Are you running any CMS?

adityamenon, Feb 14, 2012 IP
  4. Andre91

Andre91 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want the best you gotta get your hands dirty and do your own thing man. These days, every site that I build is built upon the PHPBB forum software. So, I created my own chat script for PHPBB cuz most others out there didn't have all the features I wanted - no admin panel integration, didn't really make use of the PHPBB integration to well (avatars, signatures, post count, pm etc....)
    I plan to release it soon on PHPBB when I no longer feel that I should be paid to share it. Lol :D

This chat script is the one that I used a lot before. It can be easily modified to suit your needs and has a private message feature like you requested also. It's very simple, fairly secure and functions well. I think its the best PHP/JS chat script I've seen out here thus far..... well beside the one I created :p >>> https://www.blueimp.net/ajax/

Andre91, Feb 14, 2012 IP
  5. Abitha

Abitha Member

Best Answers:
    I would like to recommend you php online chat software for your website. There are both free and paid versions. I think it is one of the best live customer support software at affordable price for your website.

Abitha, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  6. lonelygrit

lonelygrit Peon

Best Answers:
    lonelygrit, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  7. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mibbit is pretty good http://www.mibbit.com/ Or just create a channel on a real IRC network and post a link to it on your site. (Mibbit runs on your site, but the chat engine is a real IRC server, so people who use IRC can talk to your users who connect from your site. And you don't have to use their server - you can connect the plugin to any IRC network you like.)

Rukbat, Feb 25, 2012 IP