1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New To PHP Coding, Advice Needed!

Discussion in 'PHP' started by ProvidenceX, Feb 6, 2012.

Hello Everyone,

I want to create my own Mafia game such as, "Infamous Gangsters" have i come to the right place

Basically im new to PHP coding and i want to know a list of things before i start to learn

1.) Does it cost to create a website such as: Infamousgangsters.com?
    2.) How long does it take to learn PHP coding before i have enough experience to create one?
    3) Does anyone have any useful documents on PHP coding which i can read to learn basic knowledge?

Many Thanks,
    Providence

ProvidenceX, Feb 6, 2012 IP
  2. eamiro

eamiro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1) A simple website costs around $100 a year (hosting + domain name).
    2) Depends on your motivation, and your personal effort, I think you should start with creating a simple website to get experience.
    3) w3schools.com

eamiro, Feb 6, 2012 IP
  3. ezprint2008

ezprint2008 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It depends how good your basic skills are in HTML and other? Is this your first time coding anything or are you already pretty solid in HTML?
    HTML is the basic site (statis site) the way you see every website on the Internet regardless if they were coded in PHP etc
    PHP is a server side and performs tasks think of HTML as a house (simplified example) and PHP are workers outside the house that you have run and get stuff or run and deliver stuff and report back with new info. Entire websites can be coded around PHP and given the .php extension, but these are still HTML related websites, much of the code displayed, even if its retrieved by PHP , even if its pulled from a database. All pages are displayed by standard HTML equivalent . It's hard to think of a website that could be completely coded only in PHP with no HTML related function. either image src or forms would fall back on HTML, even if they're coded in a PHP format.

Learn HTML if you don't already know it. Then download WAMP (the complete PHP/phpadmin set up with Apache) easy to install like any program and WAMP is free. Then start with your basic "Hello World" scripts. PHP has 3 basic sections. 1. math and 2. logic 3. coding for HTML basic functions/displays etc
    If you have Windows XP you're in luck phpadmin from WAMP works perfect with XP but is buggy and havok with all later versions of Windows, unless you go through it to modify it, and if you turn off all the .asp Internet program features on later windows models. Otherwise use the SQL database on your new host. Buy a PHP/SQL Book and read it while you're in your 'office' on free time instead of the shampoo bottle. Acetyl Laurel Sulfate. = a form of acid to cause the soap suds action. also the leading cause of 'frizzy' hair as its a hair folicle /strand allergic reaction and the only known cause of frizzy puffy hair. :D

ezprint2008, Feb 6, 2012 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You will be better off just buying other people's services. It may take months and months to get a good grasp on php coding. Plus people who provide those types of services already have php snippets available and anything can be easily put together (by them).

qwikad.com, Feb 6, 2012 IP
  5. syaya

syaya Guest

Best Answers:
    PHP Documentation :
    1. php.net/docs.php
    2. w3schools.com
    :)

syaya, Feb 6, 2012 IP
  6. lotusin1

lotusin1 Peon

Best Answers:
    php is not easy for an begginer.

lotusin1, Feb 6, 2012 IP
  7. spaculus

spaculus Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey today i knew the new thing about the Doctype in HTML tag. It is very important for the design issue solve in to ie, You can not let go this thing. It always on the first line of your web page.

spaculus, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  8. simoncrequer

simoncrequer Peon

Best Answers:
    It will take a while to get really good, but the best thing you can do is just look at other peoples code, see what it does, and use the new techniques you've learnt in your own code, until you know what to do in certain situations.

simoncrequer, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  9. wilsonn

wilsonn Peon

Best Answers:
    the main easily learn for php is see this http://w3schools.com , this is the best site for php and php.net also there providing many examples.thanks

wilsonn, Feb 11, 2012 IP
  10. ker

ker Peon

Best Answers:
    ker, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  11. Andre91

Andre91 Peon

Best Answers:
    To create a game like that, I doubt PHP is all that's necessary.

Andre91, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  12. iDaTa

iDaTa Member

Best Answers:
    @Andre91, ofcourse PHP is necessary in text based games. Most text based games on the NET run through PHP.

iDaTa, Feb 19, 2012 IP
  13. lonelygrit

lonelygrit Peon

Best Answers:
    1. Server ~ 200$/month OR hosting ~10$/month, domain 8$/year
    2. 2 months -> 20 year (Depends on you)
    3. www.php.net

lonelygrit, Feb 25, 2012 IP