1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cant change ftp port, chkserv.d/ftpd file always back using original file

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by basketmen, Feb 23, 2012.

I followed this tutorial How to Change Your FTP Port :: The cPanel Admin and other similar tutorial, to change ftp port, but still cant make it

the problem is, /etc/chkserv.d/ftpd file always back using the original file, before i edit the file, that still using port 21,

after i restarted the ftp server, using these commands
    or from whm > Restart Services > FTP Server (ProFTPd/PureFTPd)

please help guys why that file always back automatically using the original file, or give me the working tutorial link to change ftp port

Nb.
    - i am using Pure-FTP
    - i already disabled configserver firewall, so there is no problem with firewall

Solved! View solution.
    basketmen, Feb 23, 2012 IP
    Did you changed the Ftp port in the Pure-Ftpd configuration file? Follow this tutorial on: How to change the Ftp Port on cPanel server.

You should then have chkservd monitor the new port by editing the file /etc/chkserv.d/ftpd and changing to new port and then restarting the chkservd service

madaboutlinux, Feb 25, 2012 IP
    basketmen likes this.
  3. basketmen

basketmen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    great, its the working solution/tutorial!, tutorial link in my first post is not working solution

from your tutorial, do you think it is better we put this line

after or by replacing this line?

basketmen, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  4. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Member

Best Answers:
    You can put it before or after but make sure Bind 127.0.0.1,21 is commented. If you replace it, its fine.

madaboutlinux, Feb 26, 2012 IP