1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question concerning SEO and a website REDIRECT.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jordishonz, Feb 23, 2012.

Okay, so I am a newbie here and this is going to be a newbie question to most of you, but just bear with me please.

So, I have a website that instantly redirects to a ClickBank product that I am promoting. The thing is, should I get backlinks for "my" website or the website it permanently redirects to?

Example,

- My website: "www.mywebsite.com"
    - Redirect (301): "www.clickbankproduct.com"

If I want my rankings to be better in search engines, for which website should I create backlinks?

I'm sorry if this may seem confusing as I am really confused myself.

Thanks in advance though.

jordishonz, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  2. Excel 8

Excel 8 Guest

Best Answers:
    if its redirecting, better go to the correct page because Google will see that and might think you are trying to manipulate something.

Excel 8, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  3. jordishonz

jordishonz Peon

Best Answers:
    So, I should create backlinks for MY website, is that what your saying?

jordishonz, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  4. Pandanger

Pandanger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I see what you're getting at. It would be best to create a landing page with several clickbank offers, amazone affiliate offers, and various other offers.... and make backlinks for the landing page. Google adwords doesn't allow advertising of a redirect anymore, so I assume you're hoping you can post the link to another website and have someone then pruchase the clickbank product that pops up? It would be much better, and your sales would increase if you made that link into a legit (or at least legit looking site) with several offers, articles, etc... then backlink away, the more the better, and sit back and watch the money come in.

Pandanger, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  5. Crimson Penguin

Crimson Penguin Peon

Best Answers:
    Question is, what do you want to improve in search results? Is it your website or the clickbank product site? If it is your website that you want to improve then you are doing this all wrong. The 301 redirect will eventually deindex the page that is being redirected. By setting up a 301 redirect you are basically saying you do not want the original site. How many pages does your website have? How many pages are redirected? If you merely want to send people to another site then perhaps you should just link to it rather than have a 301 redirect.

If you want the clickbank product site to improve in the rankings then you should be creating backlinks for that, not your original website that is being redirected. What was your reasoning for setting up the 301 redirect in the first place?

Crimson Penguin, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  6. adell50

adell50 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would add that you do not want a 301. It would be better to have a 302, so you may retain all of your PR and not pass it along to the clickbank site.

Build links to your site. The offer may change, but you want to retain the marketing efforts you are putting forth.

Feel free to ask if I need to elaborate at all.

adell50, Feb 23, 2012 IP