1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bing vs Google

Discussion in 'Bing' started by ranapratap82thakur, Feb 21, 2012.

Hello Friends,
    Could you please let me know how optimizing a website for Bing is different from optimizing a website in Google. Are the algorithms different or both have same algorithms. If algorithms are different then how could you manage to satisfy both of the search engines in a certain period in time? Examples will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot

ranapratap82thakur, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  2. ImAdmirer

ImAdmirer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do not try to satisfy the search engines. Satisfy the visitors (by providing value), the search engines will satisfy you (by increasing rank).

Algorithms might be different. But the main goal of any search engine is to get people use them. We people use that search engine which provides the best results for our search keywords.

So give your visitors what they want, the search engines will give you what you want.

ImAdmirer, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  3. Irfi0009

Irfi0009 Banned

Best Answers:
    Google is all time best.

Irfi0009, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  4. ImAdmirer

ImAdmirer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Of course Google is the best of all search engines because of the large user base. I think you haven't understood OP question - it is not about which is best, it is about "how optimizing a website for Bing is different from optimizing a website in Google".

ImAdmirer, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  5. Namskie

Namskie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No search engines can beat Google, they dominate almost the whole market, all webmasters use them over any other as it provides the most organic traffic.

Namskie, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  6. @Gyanguru

@Gyanguru Peon

Best Answers:

I am truly in agreement with Imadmirer .. Impress your visitors rather than automated bots of search engines ... once you have a loyal base of visitos then search engines would automatically take your site into consideration...

@Gyanguru, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  7. aldis

aldis Peon

Best Answers:
    That sounds cheesy, but the truth is that search engines give a crap about your visitors feelings simply because they can't monitor them. I've seen tons of junk, crappy and spammy websites ranking well on search engines queries, why? because the owner developed a successfull backlinking campaign (off-site SEO) and have good SEO structure on his website (on-site SEO).

aldis, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  8. sambling

sambling Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Satisfying visitors is your No. 1 priority but SEO is useful. You should focus on Google though- there is no point in changing your SEO for Bing.

sambling, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  9. windso0

windso0 Peon

Best Answers:
    Bing can be great... I've run anywhere from a few hundred to a
    few thousand per day through them with an excellent return.

The thing is... they are really starting to crack down more like
    Adwords recently.

I was talking to a manager at Bing the other day and she told me
    word for word "we are cracking down on ALL affiliate websites"

windso0, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  10. Musab Zain

Musab Zain Peon

Best Answers:
    both are different, but google is best...

Musab Zain, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  11. ranapratap82thakur

ranapratap82thakur Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your valuable time and a marvelous answer. But actually my point was not about satisfying visitor or search engines. Obviously it is visitors that should be given value more than anything else. Still there is a "Mechanical Turk" which we call Algorithm and every website do optimize their website howsoever relevant and appealing is it from user perspective. My question is about that realm of search engines and if you were to optimize your website both search engines what will be your strategy. How will you manage a balance between these two. For instance Google gives value to the keywords in the body of the content while Bing favors having keywords on the Title, 1st and last paragraphs. Now if you were to optimize the content then how will you maintain a balance.

ranapratap82thakur, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  12. ranapratap82thakur

ranapratap82thakur Peon

Best Answers:
    Great ImAdmirer! Read your article Marvellous! All the points you wrote ought to be followed by any newbie. the best part of the article was the "lesson" you put at the end of each mistakes. Definitely I will take care of all these points. By the way it would have been much more better if you could give your real name.

13. ranapratap82thakur

ranapratap82thakur Peon

Best Answers:
    Great ImAdmirer! Read your article Marvellous! All the points you wrote ought to be followed by any newbie. the best part of the article was the "lesson" you put at the end of each mistakes. Definitely I will take care of all these points. By the way it would have been much more better if you could give your real name. It's not to condemn you but to start a friendship with you!

14. ranapratap82thakur

ranapratap82thakur Peon

Best Answers:
    It is not about comparing search engines rather it is about how to optimize both the search engines at a same time. Still thanks a lot you answered my question. definitely Google is the big Boss and we all are fond of Google still we should n't forget that Bing and yahoo are have captured almost 30% of total market share. As a marketer 30% matters much. If your turnover is 1billion then could you recognize how big will be the 30% figure.

15. ImAdmirer

ImAdmirer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, you are right, 30% traffic matters a lot.

I do on-page SEO, and do not optimize specifically for google or bing.

Let us suppose if there are specific optimization rules for each search engine. Then its impossible to satisfy all the search engines. And by trying to satisfy search engines we may end up stuffing keywords etc, and as a result the quality suffers. If quality reduces in the site content, search engines do not give higher ranking.

ImAdmirer, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  16. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    I love, love, LOVE posters on DP.

drhowarddrfine, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  17. sumdor

sumdor Active Member

Best Answers:
    I almost said wht is Bing? When did i hear this word. No doubt i tried when they first launched it, now it has been over 6 months i've not seen Bing

sumdor, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  18. Gressx

Gressx Member

Best Answers:
    google forever 1 st.

Gressx, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  19. commodity

commodity Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is better search engine than Bing and it is also more popular. It provide lots of different types of services and also lots of tools related to different services.

commodity, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  20. ImAdmirer

ImAdmirer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Guys, Please read the original question. Its not about which search engine is the best.

If anyone wants to share their knowledge on how differently they optimize pages for Bing, it will be greatly appreciated.

ImAdmirer, Feb 25, 2012 IP