1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sending Payment using Paypal account outside india

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by Ripul, Apr 12, 2011.

I have a paypal account but as you know after the RBI has pushed its rules on paypal, I can't use my paypal balance to send money. My paypal account is linked to my HDFC bank account and VCC.

So, my guess is that I'll have to take all my paypal balance in my HDFC account and then use a VCC to it send money to a paypal account in US. The payment is of ther order of $3k+ .Would this trick work?

Please help, In case this is not possible then please suggest some other options to send payments to paypal accounts outside India.

Thanks

Ripul, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  2. gobinathdpi

gobinathdpi Member

Best Answers:
    I paid several times to paypal users from other countries using paypal balance it works fine without any issue, only to Indian users is showing error code, so just send some few dollars to a user from abroad surely it will work. This is my experience and the last payment I had send to a UK client was before two days.

gobinathdpi, Apr 12, 2011 IP
  3. moneyreaper

moneyreaper Peon

Best Answers:
    Why couldn't you get a CC in the first place?

moneyreaper, Apr 14, 2011 IP
  4. Ripul

Ripul Member

Best Answers:
    I have a cc but on my personal account and my CC limit would not allow me to send payments. I have one more thing to ask, I will be in US after two weeks, can I open a bank account in any american bank, provided that I can give a permanent US address for reference.
    Then open a paypal account using that bank account and use it for transaction purposes?
    on a second thought is it legal?

Ripul, Apr 14, 2011 IP
  5. jalanbk

jalanbk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

You can open Bank Account in US, if you are in US only if you have a SSN, Almost all of the bank need SSN to open bank account in US and if you don't have one very few bank still allows you to do open a account but they are very rare and not well known banks.

Secondly, US bank accounts are not free, They charge a fees starting form 5$ a month and depends upon the type of account you use... There are some conditions meeting which you can get fees waiver...

Even if YOU have a Valid US bank account, you can open only Indian Paypal account unless you residing in US, if you are in US temporarily moment you comes back to india you should inform Paypal and get that account changed, failure to do so Paypal may limit your account anytime.

Indian Paypal account can have a US bank account attached but they can not be used for funding. If you have regular high transaction in your US bank account, after a limit your bank has to ask for SSN even if they opened the account without SSN, as US tax authority monitors all account and transactions even if bank does not inform them..

Also unless you have a registered business in US having Foreign account and keeping money in them is not allowed as per Indian Laws...

I Know all these because I have a US bank account while I am in india and I still can't use that..

jalanbk, Apr 15, 2011 IP
  6. Ripul

Ripul Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot, it clarifies lot of my confusions. Till the time I am in US, is there any way to pay my clients using paypal ?

Ripul, Apr 15, 2011 IP
  7. full_time_writer

full_time_writer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Indian Paypal account Holders can not receive more than $500 at a single transaction. If I open a valid US bank account and link it to my Indian paypal, then will it help me to receive more than $500 ( For example : $1000) at a single transaction? Pls guide me.

full_time_writer, Feb 20, 2012 IP
  8. akinova

akinova Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes indian paypal users can not receive more than 500$ if you want you can ask them to send money via xoom.

akinova, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  9. webcare

webcare Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are indian you cannot send payment using your paypal balance but oyu can use your credit card to send payment anywhere to other paypal.

webcare, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  10. gobinathdpi

gobinathdpi Member

Best Answers:
    It seems this restriction is removed now, please confirm with some other users, now indian users can receive more amount than $500

gobinathdpi, Feb 23, 2012 IP