1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The best linking methods - sharing my 8 years of experience

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by redwing, Feb 21, 2012.

Why am I writing this?
    Simply to share my experiences in SEO (link building) for the last 8 years.

Methods I've used
    You name it, I've done it......article submission, directory submission, social bookmarking, blog posts, blog commenting, forum posts, forum signatures, private blog network posting, SENuke campaigns, XRumer campaigns, reciprocal linking, automated 3-way linking, manual 3-way linking, etc.

What I have learned
    1. Google (who we're all struggling against) has learned how to discover and devalue almost all methods of link building.......they want us all to be buying Adwords.
    2. The most effective link is a one-way link from a hard working, high page rank, spam free, website.......theme relevancy is a plus, but not absolutely necessary.
    3. Investment of time and money on most of the other methods is a waste of resources.

Who is on top?
    Most of the websites that rank the highest in search engine placement are there because of the following methods:
    1. They are heavily into cloaking, or IP delivery. Google equates cloakers to criminals because they are almost powerless to stop it. However, most of us can not afford it because the cloaking experts charge many thousands of dollars per month to manage your cloaking efforts.....and most of us are not capable of doing our own cloaking.
    2. Websites that can afford a link manager who dedicates all their time to buying links (risky if not done correctly) or getting one-way links from good websites. This also requires a lot of time and effort.

What is my conclusion?
    Going forward, I only want one-way links from hard working, spam free, high page rank websites. To do this I will, no doubt, have to participate in 3-way link building where A links B, B links to C, and C links to A. It will have to be a manually administered system because the embedded scripts that are used by automated 3-way linking systems are too easily detected by Google. Done correctly, the manually administered 3-way linking system is virtually undetectable.

redwing, Feb 21, 2012 IP
    praetserge likes this.
  2. moudi

moudi Member

Best Answers:
    thats VERY HARD thing to find my friend. thats why is valuable

moudi, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  3. larysmith711

larysmith711 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yep... the old days of easy spammy links are long gone. Time to look for quality links only.

larysmith711, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  4. GoldSEO

GoldSEO Member

Best Answers:
    :) cloaking ain't so tough. one of the easiest ways is to put stuff within noscript tags. as for xrumer, that must suck paying so much for what can be done with forms and macro. like if you bought xrumer that's...$600 spent in 2 months for something that's free. That must SUCK. lmfao snooke, hasn't worked in ages, and when it did it was hilariously also easily replaced with macro.

the most effective links are of course high PR. reciprocal links work wonders as it has a "social media" aspect to it, all the rage now (come on boy, do some studying). one-way linking is just a complicated way of saying "keep outbound links low/0 on your moneysite."

linking does not take all day, at all. posting 100-1000 a day manually is nothing. again, if your definition of doing it manually is literally pointing and clicking, why not get out of the online game and go build houses since you're into physical labor?

Kinda tough to believe the 8 years experience. You didn't even mention the best tool that exists on the commercial market, ever. Starts with an S. Your A-B, B-C, C-A isn't even a pyramid, it's a triangle. That leaves a footprint the size of t-rex and is such an old method, it'll get you wrecked from the get go. The order of the day today is CHAOS. A-C-B, D-C, D-E, E-A. more natural...google is sillymuffins

As for the old days of easy spamming being gone, that couldn't be further from the truth. There is such an increased emphasis on link diversity that n0f0ll0ws are now a good thing if you only have d0f0ll0w, which means your rank will increase if you link to places you otherwise wouldn't have thought to; google is MAKING people spam, and rewarding them for it. It's nuts.

Evolve or die. Seriously. Welcome to SEO.......microniche sites are over in the BST...along with the time machine to 2004.

GoldSEO, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  5. Avisblr

Avisblr Member

Best Answers:
    You said 8 years of experience and suggesting to close the loop? Google can easily detect if you are linking A to B, B to C, and C to A. It is a closed loop and you are leaving the footprint.!!

Avisblr, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  6. selectsplat

selectsplat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For the most part, this is *very* good advice, especially the part about getting links from high pagerank, spam free, very relevant sites. You can also add 'with good traffic and a low number of outbound links' to that criteria, as these factors also have a high impact.

However, I disagree about closed loop link wheels. These are also easy to detect and is seen in a negative light by Google. I think you should look for one way links only.

There's lot of different ways to acquire high quality one way backlinks. Obviously the best way is by coming up with very good content that is deemed to be very useful by high quality sites.

selectsplat, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  7. acarrothers

acarrothers Member

Best Answers:
    Isn't the best way to build backlinks just to build high quality content that people WANT to link to? Am I missing something here?

acarrothers, Feb 26, 2012 IP
    farout666 likes this.
  8. Gusha

Gusha Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Linking has become hard nowadays, google is developing its algorithm day by day and contracts the ways to make my money for the ordinary people.

Gusha, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  9. dpmembers

dpmembers Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for sharing bro, but i expected it to be longer since u said 6 years, lol...

dpmembers, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  10. edvvardbrian

edvvardbrian Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you think Google wants everyone to use AdWords? I hope that's not the case, because then the net will turn into a pile of crap, where quality will be inferior to money... :S How much I hate Google!

edvvardbrian, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  11. dpmembers

dpmembers Member

Best Answers:
    They also need to make a living my brother, so they have to give poor quality a chance.

dpmembers, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  12. ContentVisionz

ContentVisionz Peon

Best Answers:
    But how sure are you that people will be highly interested to link to your content...

ContentVisionz, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  13. farout666

farout666 Peon

Best Answers:
    interesting read but a lil over my head on some things

farout666, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  14. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, it's true but it's tough to make big sites to link to you and small sites will just take your content and post it as theirs... had my content stolen quite a few times in the past.

praetserge, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  15. JSerena

JSerena Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi all,

Redwing I found ur post very interesting. I am new to SEO, just an intern for a webdesign company atm. The only think I didn't get thought was 3-way linking. Could you expand on it a bit more?

thanks

Serena

JSerena, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  16. tuitam

tuitam Active Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent text that I found in him something of value.

tuitam, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  17. Redberry-small

Redberry-small Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nowadays seo is becoming more social oriented, different social sites are more important for gaining traffic.

Redberry-small, Mar 2, 2012 IP
  18. john85

john85 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you. Very useful.

john85, Mar 2, 2012 IP
  19. weeram

weeram Peon

Best Answers:
    here are some link building method are discuss here..

Top 10 SEO tips according to me are :
    1.Article Submission
    2.Press Release Submission
    3.Rss Feed Submission
    4.Footer Links
    5.Affiliate Marketing
    6.Video Submission
    7.Review Posting
    8.Forum Posting
    9.Css Submission
    10.Blog Commenting.

weeram, Mar 2, 2012 IP