1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does google penalize autoblogs

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by nikhilg, Feb 21, 2012.

Hello,

Autoblogs were hot some time back. But it seems the fad has passed.

So my question is - does google still like autoblogs or does it penalize them?

Thanks in advance for your help

warm regards

Nikhil

nikhilg, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  2. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google dont like autoblogs, google panda is kicking them out time to time

lifeplayer, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  3. SEOPunk

SEOPunk Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi.
    Google does not support autoblogs now as it has new Google update Panda that keeps eye on them.

SEOPunk, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  4. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hates them and about time... Google doesn't even like copy and paste posts or semi automated content, for example even if you manually add videos from Youtube - even then you'll be penalized - unless you add something unique to your posts - 100 words of text may suffice if it's unique. All depends on your site really...

thsadmin, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  5. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes.. google panda hits autoblogging hardly.

jhardy2008, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  6. Cybria

Cybria Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Panda is making sure that sites with automated content get penalized, because Google sees this as shoddy unreliable blogging. So now content marketers have to go back to basics and concentrate on offering quality content. If this isn't your strong point you can always find ppl to write for you. if not for money then maybe in exchange for link posting or some other simple work.

Cybria, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  7. JPT24

JPT24 Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah I agree with everything everyone has said. Rather than saying that Google hates autoblogs, it's probably more beneficial to remember why such blogs are being penalised in search so that you can avoid making the same mistakes. Google is penalised autoblogs due to low quality content which does not benefit the reader. I don't think it's about being the best writer in the world, it's simply about having a point to what you're saying and offering something of value.

If you find it difficult to write, why not open your blog up to guest bloggers. This can be a great way of getting articles written for your site by experts in a wide range of fields.

JPT24, Feb 22, 2012 IP
    Cybria likes this.
  8. Cybria

Cybria Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah having guest bloggers is also a good way to add expertise to your site that you might not have yourself.

Cybria, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  9. andymann808

andymann808 Peon

Best Answers:
    I played about with autoblogging a while back with mixed results. All of them didn't last long with Google and that was before Panda came along. At the moment I have a couple of sites whose content is driven by guest bloggers which provides good, quality unique content with minimal effort on my part.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
    andymann808, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  10. nikhilg

nikhilg Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Thanks to all of you for your help.

Its great that I thought of coming here and asking. You probably saved me weeks of frustration and wasted efforts.

But another question has come to mind - is there any way to come up with unique content using autoblogs?

I suppose to answer my own question it could be that I could comment on the auto generated content. A 100 word comment might be enough I suppose.

Thanks again

Nikhil

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
    nikhilg, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  11. edgarallen

edgarallen Peon

Best Answers:
    My autoblogs are running just fine. I lost nothing after panda.

edgarallen, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  12. c46

c46 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Auto blog basically scrape content from other websites. This is considered as duplicate content. So of course there is going to be some sort of negative impact on your ranking.

c46, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  13. edgarallen

edgarallen Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, autoblogs are duplicate content but so are all the new articles we read at associated press, reuters, yahoo news, cnn and so on. There is room for some duplicate content. It's true that an autoblog probably won't land on page one for many competitive keywords. However, the idea with autoblogs is to let them create lots of pages, like tens of thousands, and monetize them.

Plus, get a really nice pr6 link to your autoblog homepage and your 'borrowed' content could be viewed as 'original' content in Google's eyes. If we start getting good links to our autoblogs then that makes google think twice about who is scraping who's content. Sometimes google gets confused and our autoblogs win!

edgarallen, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  14. basyoz

basyoz Peon

Best Answers:
    Google dont like autoblogs

basyoz, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  15. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You may as well add that to your post instead... why would you leave a comment? when you can put it in a post, 100 words in a post can sometimes be enough if you include images and videos for example....

It's a piss off isn't it, the difference there is - that the sites using them are already authority sites and they still get removed from index (some times)... look down the bottom of the page or at the end of a news search and it says search again with removed/duplicate content or what ever... Also - it's not who had or has the article first - sometimes the authority site gets the credit... so if site A) AP has it and Site B) MSN news uses it - chances are that MSN will get the listing in Google... just an example.

The point is you can't create .info shit scraped sites like many of the noobs do and expect Google to love the shit out of your site, and if there's absolutely no effort in the site and it's just auto posts - Google will remove it and send a severe penalty...

Yes, you sites that have no-index in them, for example Twitter posts aren't indexed in Google, therefor the content from Twitter can be considered unique - if you gather it in a way that other sites and crawlers don't or aren't...

thsadmin, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  16. andrewmclaren01

andrewmclaren01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google doesn't like autoblogs.

andrewmclaren01, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  17. mike.t.flannery

mike.t.flannery Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, yes everyone has said that Google doesn't like autoblogs but if you do it right you can get away with it. If you use a good spinning tool I still think you can beat the panda update. I don't recommend this but it can be done.

mike.t.flannery, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  18. georgescifo

georgescifo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its game over for Autoblogs since the recent Google updates and Autoblogs are really irritating at some time as far as users as concerned..

georgescifo, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  19. Empress_Of_Drac

Empress_Of_Drac Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, it can be done for sure but that's too risky. I would just stick producing unique and quality articles. Time and effort is needed to build better content and traffic.

Empress_Of_Drac, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  20. sb2011

sb2011 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    my blog is hit by panda,all the articles is writer by myself:mad:

sb2011, Feb 22, 2012 IP