1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who REALLY invented Twitter?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by contentboss, Feb 20, 2012.

As some of you may have noticed, there's a regular DP poster who claims to have invented Twitter, but then got 'bumped' and hasn't ever made a cent from it.

While I personally find that impossible to believe (because even a tiny shred of evidence would cause a FLOOD of no-win-no-fee lawyers to appear, and would almost certainly result in a GIGANTIC out of court settlement), one can never discount any possibility, no matter how remote or silly sounding it is.

So...

who invented Twitter?

Ditto Facebook?

Ditto windows on a computer???

contentboss, Feb 20, 2012 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  2. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I did . I'm the prince of Nigeria and will give you all many millions .

ApocalypseXL, Feb 20, 2012 IP
  3. sambling

sambling Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You lie, I da prnce. Of America.

Well have you heard of Woz from Apple?

sambling, Feb 20, 2012 IP
  4. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I did. But I was so busy. And FB as well, but I gave it to my college friend Mark. I was so busy working on windows, my baby...

Codythebest, Feb 20, 2012 IP
  5. edvvardbrian

edvvardbrian Member

Best Answers:
    edvvardbrian, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  6. cliqflip

cliqflip Active Member

Best Answers:
    it was the whole team - they sat in a board room and came up with a new idea because their current idea was failing and needed something new- poof twitter was born. Started off as just texts - Google it

cliqflip, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  7. UnSkeen

UnSkeen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Couldn't you have just searched wikipedia...

UnSkeen, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  8. neteater

neteater Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well i developed it and then sold it for 1$ :)

neteater, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  9. Techz SEO

Techz SEO Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I will develop next TwittBook :) wanna join me?

Techz SEO, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  10. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well obviously this topic was for me to reply.
    Rumor has it that I was the main developer of the full business plan, layout, and with how the site will function.

Contentboss, it was not twitter, it was Fiverr. In a previous conversation I may have gotten them mixed up and said twitter. Fivver.

Actually the story goes like this. There was a webmaster meeting where people could share info with each other to motivate each other. There were several of us. I had(and still hold) about 12 large scale business plans for websites. After a few meetings I relaxed and shared a few things. I didn't have the confidence to put in action these expensive large scale sites, while others had their own struggles. I shared Twitter(which was not called twitter
    Facts:
    -The meetings when on for several months. The 45 people in those meetings all KNOW that the idiot stole fiverr from me. Heck we had a whole meeting just to flame about it. This was a while ago.
    -ironically Micha Kaufman(owner of fiverr) was in 3/4 of the meetings.
    -when fiverr went online based on the way fiverr works, looks, layout, functions, boarder table, and everything combined was 98% IDENTICAL to my business plan and hand drawn drafts.
    -Afterwards it become common knowledge that I was the one who discovered fiverr based on the mass amount of press releases and articles that spread like wildfire.

The lawsuit. I was young and living with my parents. I made $50 a month online if I was lucky. I was not a "go to washington and take a lawyer to a huge courtroom to fight their 20 lawyers" type person. I was told that it was his word over mine and there really isn't any real proof that my business plan was created before fiverr was there. Even with a few people claiming my story is true its trivial considering in court you need pretty good evidence considering that if we lost than I would owe them who knows how many millions.

Contentboss. You have given me over 7 negative reputation points over the past 3 months. You have been stalking everywhere I post, and now you are making a topic about me. You don't think I'm a nice person with nice replies. This is why. This is ONE of the 4 times I got screwed over. Granted this one is the worst but I've made at least 3 people filthy rich who scammed me.

If you are so bored with your life then I'm sure you find out. I said this is common knowledge information. That means that years ago hundreds and hundreds of articles scattered the internet about it with my full name dead center as the REAL creator for fiverr. Its fairly old news but I'm sure there's still a couple of hundred somewhere.
    And just for your information take a look at Wikipedia:
    See the word FOUNDED.....that means that whoever wrote about fiverr there knew that there is a difference between "thought it up and created" as "founded". Basically wikipedia is saying that the two owners are possibly the 2nd owners.
    Which means that they are not a corporation. One guy was just another Digitalpoint scavenger.

Conclusion:
    Contentboss, if you want to find more information about it here's a link that should help you find it instead of making this topic in DP.
    http://www.go-and-do-a-google-search-and-go-fuck-yourself.com

thank you for the honor of having a topic dedicated to me and thanks for bringing this up. It really makes me happy about the great success that was given to others on my expense.

Laceygirl, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  11. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, easy mistake to name an entirely different business. That makes sense.

Wow, pretty awesome to have so many witnesses that it was your idea.

What happened to all those witnesses? Whether it was fiverr or twitter, it sounds like a load of bs, mainly just from your description of the events. I've read that other thread where you claimed twitter was stolen from you, the funniest part of that post was where you called yourself a he/she. To bad that whole post and the follow up got deleted, it was funny.

browntwn, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  12. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can you give me some money, since your so rich lol. I just only need my $1,000,000

James Byun, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  13. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is for me. I know I've mixed them up several times. I used to mix up Explorer and netscape a lot too but that doesn't happen much because netscape is gone.
    And what's this? Some type of tough guy inner-web Jeff K mixed subliminal message?
    I'm a literal blunt person. If you have something to say, then come out and say it. Oh wait, you just did a second later.
    And bet how many would be willing to fly to Washington from india to say "yes, it happened!". Just cause people saw doesn't mean they care. There was only a few who really said it sucks to be me, but when you think about it. How many people go out of their way to defend someone who they do not know for nothing while running the risk of getting a serious enemy from a bunch of billionaires. Not many so life goes on.
    1. I don't expect you to believe me. I don't expect anyone to believe such a crazy story like that. I was not the one who made this topic so I refuse to take the responsibility that I'm trying to convince people. You should know that from common sense after your 50 thousand years of education with the legal system or whatever you do.
    2. It was FIVERR. I told you. FIVEER. its not twitter. I know, I said twitter before. Twitter fiverr, they are close. I don't have a tattoo of fiverr on my arm and I try not to think about this old stupid situation because it gets me down. If it comes to mind I blurt it. I said twitter by accident. FIVERR. FIVERR. FIVERR. Get it?
    the he/she part is very explainable. It was probably an inside joke between a guy I knew. A few people have accused me about being a male pretending to be a female, and some said I was a female pretending to pretend like I am a male on purpose for some type of advertising attention. The person I was talking to probably was someone who knew me from that so I referred to myself as a he/she/it just for fun.

What I find so funny is how much you care about a total stranger. Do you really think I care what you think or if you were on my side? Do you walk the streets in your town judging and telling people "oh I don't buy that".
    They wouldn't care and I don't care.
    So why don't you take your stupid DP lawyer advice *into everyones lives judgements" and shove them with your friend.

14. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sure just send me the lawyer fee it's only 900 dollars .

I doubt the OP has the brains to do that ; therefore spamming us looked like the right choice

You can't develop a glass of water let alone Twitter .

ApocalypseXL, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  15. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    No "may" about it
    I guess since we don't have a clue who you are there is no point in Googling to see who has made such a claim.

Finally - why this odd post: http://topicworld.net/showthread.php/833137-fiverr.com-Who-the-heck-at-DP-owns-it!

And this think tank group only used people's digitalpoint usernames? how tragically nerdy and unbelievable [more]

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
    sarahk, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  16. browntwn

Best Answers:
    You keep mentioning Washington. Lawsuits can be filed in many places, it really would depend on where you and the defendant lives and where the issue being sued about took place. Witness can be compelled to testify. Foreign witnesses can often give testimony via video or declaration under oath depending on the circumstances. If there was any truth to your claim you could easily go to a lawyer and find out. Often, in real cases that have large potential payouts, the law firm will front all the cost and expenses so you would really have nothing to lose. Nearly every "reason/excuse" you have given for not pursuing this matter is silly or stems from an ignorance of the law.

Yeah, I read one of those threads. That is precisely why I thought you calling yourself a he/she, the context of telling everyone you invented twitter (yes, I realize you say it was fiverr now), was funny.

I don't even understand what you are trying to say. I think it is some kind of attempt at an insult. The irony is that what you desperately seem to need is legal advice.

17. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've only had small claims lawsuits. Nothing big. I assumed that if you are going to fight against the big shots then you have to be prepared to sell your house and live in a box just hoping you'll win.
    I don't feel comfortable with going against such a big shot. It came sometime become unsafe to your life. I can a run in with small claims and the person tried to wreck my life during the process. I can't imagine what billionaires would do. Instead of living the next years of my life in a lawsuit scared for my life, I'd rather skip the deal.
    When it comes to lawsuits its not often about who is right. From my experience the winner is the person who has the most money or is the better citizen. It even happens in criminal court. I know you probably will laugh at that last comment but there is a great deal of truth to it. In big lawsuits where one person is a nobody and the other is a big corporation they will just exhaust your money until you can do no more. You fold and its over.

I don't need legal advice. I was not asking for legal advice on this. You think the court system is fair game. Who provides proof wins? Think again.
    OJ Simpson, forget about the murder part. In the middle of the case he went on a high speed joyride against the police(as a passenger). He also was holding a gun.
    Well, he got not guilty on the murder and walked away.

Wait a second?
    Anyone who the police get into a pursuit with by an armed person gets minimum 2yrs prison.
    Ahh, OJ is famous and has money.

Do you really think fiverr does not have that kind of authority as well? They would torch me and I'm not willing to waste a quarter of my life for nothing.

18. browntwn

Best Answers:
    That is a cool rule. I never heard of it.

I wouldn't be worried about fiverr killing you or anything. I would be worried that you don't seem to have any actual idea or proof that they stole your idea. The concept is not unique, as you know, and to prove they took it from you, from what I've read of your own posts is pure speculation at this point. You just seem to think they did because you had a similar idea and shared it - but don't even know for sure if you shared it with the fiverr people. Or did you figure out that key element yet before you continue to claim they stole your idea?

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  19. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Laceygirl, this thread wasn't aimed at you, sorry if your paranoia is making you think that everyone is obsessed, is 'stalking' you etc. It's aimed at the other DP user who is claiming to have invented twitter.

Everyone knows you invented Paypal. Apologies if this has caused any confusion.

Did I tell you BTW that I invented the wheel? I was in a meeting at the big cave, with 45 other neanderthals, and someone said 'this square thingy aint working'. I was young, and naive, and I just blurted out 'why dont we chisel the edges off of it???'.

Hairy Lugg, that bastard, sat straight up and said 'me like um idea. Me idea. You f*ck off tar pit pronto'.

And that is how the wheel was born. I don't feel comfortable trying to sue Lugg, because he's in Wisconsin, not Washington, where there's a minimum 2 year jail sentence for possession of a wife.

Serves me right.

I also was the person who first got cats and dogs to hate each other.

contentboss, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  20. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I don't know that actually minimum of prison but there is always a prison term when you get the police in a high speed pursuit. Only a total idiot would think that people can get off of that.
    When someone says they designed something and it happens to be the same color as facebook=coincidence.
    When someone is in a meeting and shares a FULL business plan to several people, then 3 months later a site shows up that is 98%=stolen.
    Everyone who saw the plan before fiverr was here agreed when they saw fiverr. Everyone like you who heard about it after doesn't believe it. Everyone who seen the plan after they saw fiverr believes it but thinks that fiverr came out and I copied it after.
    You sent me a PM on Feb 19th about me regarding fiverr(twitter). The very next day you created this topic. Let me guess? You and the other mutants giving me a hard time here are going to say its a coincidence.
    You are busted. So step aside small fry. You are only just being a troll and causing trouble. Go steal an article, reword it, then sell it, or something.
    Ok, go ahead with the mocking trouble making. I can type tough big bully too online. There's proof that I didn't create paypal because you have you are a healthy speaking person.
    Bad news, you are young now.
    And you helped make the world hate your country as well.:)

There, you like that, tough guy. You can type tough all you want but I can keep up any day with your mouthiness.

Attached Files:

Laceygirl, Mar 1, 2012 IP