1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Way To Convert HTML / CSS into Wordpress Theme

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by cssbros, Feb 18, 2012.

Is there any guidelines, tutorials, ebook that I can use to convert html/css into wordpress themes easily.

What I am doing is making a copy of the default theme and from there, customize it thoroughly as I am not really a php wizard.

Any help, suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks guys!

cssbros, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  2. xenous

xenous Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you see Ultimatum which makes possible to create amazing WordPress sites with no coding knowledge including HTML CSS and PHP

xenous, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  3. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    You can't "convert" HTML into WordPress. The best you can do is recreate using the same colors, and graphics. You don't need to be a PHP wizard. Customizing a WordPress theme is all about knowing CSS and HTML.

You only need to know PHP well if you are customizing functions or editing plug ins. Sometimes if you are changing a layout.

hmansfield, Feb 18, 2012 IP
  4. ajwalsh

ajwalsh Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that it isn't a huge job to convert HTML/CSS into a wordpress theme; I was able to pull it off and I am certainly no PHP wizard! I just used a few tutorials I found on Google, and I believe this was one of them. It's a pretty good guide: http://thethemefoundry.com/blog/html-wordpress/

ajwalsh, Feb 19, 2012 IP
  5. cssbros

cssbros Member

Best Answers:
    Hey man, this is really a great tutorial!

Thanks a lot!

cssbros, Feb 19, 2012 IP