1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Responsive List

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by 3dPrinting, Nov 11, 2006.

Can someone tell me how to get your list to respond? My list is in the hundreds only but not quite responsive to my offers ... even to free offers. Am I missing something?.

Any ideas will be appreciated. :)

Thanks.

3dPrinting, Nov 11, 2006 IP
  2. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well... did you buy / rent that list, or build it yourself, with people mostly signing up on their own. If they came to you, they'll likely be more responsive. It could also be tied to your copywriting. Maybe you're not using the best "action" language to get them to react and actually do something. :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Nov 11, 2006 IP
  3. clenard

clenard Active Member

Best Answers:
    Jenn's right, you need to make sure you're Writing is making them want more. What are your offers? Any way to see a sample Email?

It's not easy to give good advice on these types of Subjects without seeing some samples.

Hope this helps!

clenard, Nov 11, 2006 IP
  4. 3dPrinting

3dPrinting Peon

Best Answers:
    I built it with a software program and at the beginning, I had a flow of action but after it started to turn to drips, and now it seems as though the nozzle has been completely turned off.

Thanks for tip.

3dPrinting, Nov 11, 2006 IP
  5. AnaB

AnaB Peon

Best Answers:
    My list is highly responsive mainly because I provide them content they want to read and not just offers...try that as well...you kind of need to build a personal relation with your list...use good subject lines, let them comment and make them feel like you're actually a friend

AnaB, Nov 11, 2006 IP
    jhmattern likes this.
  6. WillB

WillB Peon

Best Answers:
    The responsiveness of your list often depends on how you built it in the first place. If people signed up to get something free they're probably not interested in being on the list, but if they had to double or even triple opt in - they're likely to be very interested in what you've got to say.

You need to catch their eye with something.. well, eye catching. Once you've got their attention you can go about building trust and friendship with them. Freebies and interaction normally do this quite well.

WillB, Nov 12, 2006 IP
  7. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a double optin list (people who signed up from my website), and I face a similar problem. Is there any website, which provide tips for copywriting?

dnk, Nov 12, 2006 IP
  8. Asia-Team

Asia-Team Peon

Best Answers:
    Please share your knowledge for SuperNewbie like me.

Asia-Team, Nov 12, 2006 IP
  9. WillB

WillB Peon

Best Answers:
    www.copyblogger.com is a pretty good resource for help with copywriting. As for building list responsiveness - have a search of this (and other forums), then look for something called the "List and Traffic" newsletter using your favourite search engine.

WillB, Nov 12, 2006 IP