1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to insert a symbol in next to Website name

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by oldoak, Feb 16, 2012.

Hi, I'm a newbie to all of this so hopefully someone can help me with this question - when you get a website address up, eg Gmail or Yahoo - they have either the Gmail envelope or Yahoo as the trademark "Y" - how can you have something like that come up on your own website (or change/remove it if it is a domain you have taken over)?

Thanks

Solved! View solution.
    oldoak, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  2. Shapiro

Shapiro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If i understand you properly - you talk about favicon. This picture call favicon.ico and must be in your site root folder. Just try to google "favicon" for more information. You can find plenty free web sites for favicon generation as well.

Shapiro, Feb 16, 2012 IP
    adityamenon, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  4. designindia

designindia Peon

Best Answers:
    As you might know Twitter accepts more than just basic text. The service is UTF8 compatible which means that instead of tweeting “I love you” you could just as well use “I ♥ you”. Or how about this:

“I’m going to ✈ to ☭ in the morning after I make a ☎ to make sure my ♂ is ✔ with it. ✌ for now and don’t forget to ✍ and lets have ♨ soon!”

designindia, Feb 21, 2012 IP