1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A basic content management membership site with image previews and video downloads

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by pedalezine, Feb 12, 2012.

I've been testing several youtube clone sites for my video content but it turns out a lot of members who sign up find it complicated. They are asking for a more simple site that shows the weekly updates.. And several preview images for each video as well as a simple download link that members who subscribe to a subscription can have access to down the video clip. Does anyone have any suggestions on a simple script that can do this. Updating is the key here when I add a new video it would be nice if the script can automatically pull several JPG images from the video and I could add the title and description manually. The videos would be in original format and members who pay the subscription fee would be able to download the video. No preview videos, no streaming just a basic membership site.. Any advise would be apprciated.

pedalezine, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  2. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    On that type of website is anything but a simple script . You have multiple features and each on has it's own complexity unless you're gonna start hacking and slashing you're not gonna find that "perfect free script"

ApocalypseXL, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  3. pedalezine

pedalezine Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Any suggestions on a script that can be purchased in that case?

pedalezine, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  4. adityamenon

adityamenon Peon

Best Answers:
    Drupal would be a good choice, because it has the "User groups" feature with high control over permissions for each group (for your subscriptions feature). I'm sure that configuring a few modules later, you will come quite close to what you need.

You could, of course, hire a developer who is not afraid to write a custom module and theme file or two to make this work exactly like what you need...

adityamenon, Feb 16, 2012 IP