1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Apple worth more than Microsoft and Google combined

Discussion in 'Bing' started by drhowarddrfine, Feb 13, 2012.

Don't have a link but, on CBS Evening News tonight, Apple's stock price today makes its market capitalization worth nearly half a trillion dollars; more than Microsoft and Google combined.

drhowarddrfine, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  2. Days

Days Peon

Best Answers:
    Days, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  3. Ella_Z.

Ella_Z. Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah... Most countries are afraid what Apple will do with its budget, 'cause it's bigger even than the budget of some countries..

Ella_Z., Feb 16, 2012 IP
  4. Andre91

Andre91 Peon

Best Answers:
    ^^Like mines for instance. :(

Andre91, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  5. Madax

Madax Peon

Best Answers:
    yh it is but google and microsoft stock prices are fair rated apple has shot up with new products, google and Microsoft will also jump when they bring out brand new products, apples price will drop

Madax, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  6. ceekeigh

ceekeigh Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow Apple is really rich because of the iPhone, iPod and iPad phenomenons.

ceekeigh, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  7. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely false! Microsoft's stock price has remained in the same range of about $20 to $30 for 12 years! In the meantime, Apple and Google's stock price has continued to climb. You don't know what you're talking about.

drhowarddrfine, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  8. Madax

Madax Peon

Best Answers:
    the only reason micro is sticking the same is because in all honest they are failing online i think with the purchase of skype ( if they get it ) will boost there market price up quite a bit , but its not suprising that apple has that market price . cant wait to see what facebooks market price goes to

Madax, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  9. danleigh57

danleigh57 Guest

Best Answers:
    I wonder how long this is likely to remain true in the post Jobs era?

Do you think he succeeded in his efforts to remake the company in his image before he died?

Dan

danleigh57, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  10. amcg

amcg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google Dominates the Web (and Android O/S), The Web is the future...

amcg, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  11. thril3r

thril3r Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    They had a really great success with iphone and ipad

thril3r, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  12. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Really? I never heard of these things. Please tell me about this iphone and ipad.

13. TWWB

TWWB Peon

Best Answers:
    Everyone should learn something from Apple, their computers are underpowered compared to a PC at the same price point. They are good at one thing, Marketing. Of course this is only my opinion...

TWWB, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  14. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    And an uninformed one at that. You obviously have no clue how computers and software work. You don't understand that Windows computers MUST be run on more powerful systems because Windows is so poorly coded. You don't understand that Microsoft doesn't guarantee anything on the hardware, and the hardware vendor doesn't guarantee anything about the software, but Apple guarantees EVERYTHING from the power cord to the monitor!

You also don't know that, for 10 years or more, Consumer Reports has ranked Apple computers #1 in every category for reliability, operability and service.

Don't comment about things you know nothing about.

15. pokal

pokal Peon

Best Answers:
    yes...
    due to good quality and high standard apple has more worth....
    apple is consider as a high standard.. while others are normal ..

pokal, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  16. markbatham2009

markbatham2009 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you are right. On 10th February 2012, I've read this news that "Apple Now Worth More Than Microsoft, Google Combined" on business.time dot com,
    Herein some lines taken from business time about this news....

"In mid-day trading Friday, Apple shares were up 0.6% t0 $496.14, bringing the company’s market capitalization — or the number of outstanding shares times its stock price — to a staggering $462 billion, or nearly half a trillion dollars. That’s greater than the sum of Microsoft’s market cap — $257 billion — and Google’s market cap — $197 billion."

Apple has become absolutely massive.

markbatham2009, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  17. Ella_Z.

Ella_Z. Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you think? waht is a future of Apple as a massive power? What they will do to increase their income?

Ella_Z., Feb 20, 2012 IP
  18. evgenktulu

evgenktulu Active Member

Best Answers:
    All they have to do is to maintain the high quality of their products and be a step ahead of their competitors (the thing they're doing successfully at the moment)

evgenktulu, Feb 20, 2012 IP
  19. TWWB

TWWB Peon

Best Answers:
    I would still have to disagree, I worked in the industry years back. You are saying that a company like Dell doesn't guarantee every single hardware and software component that they include with there computers, I know first hand they do a good if not better then Apple customer service. You go into an Apple store and they treat you like they know better then you, arrogant like the late Steve Jobs. The major factor that a company like dell can't compete against Apple is that there is a lot of competition in the PC Industry, if you take all the companies that make PC components from the big ones with 1000s of employees to the little ones at your local shop with only 2 people they will be worth far more then Apple. You can't make your own Apple computer (I am talking about legally, not hackintoshes) you need to buy the Apple. You make your own PC and at the same price point it will outperform any Apple computer at least 2x.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
    TWWB, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  20. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    How often do you hear about people buying hardware/software and it doesn't work and won't interoperate with anything else? Apple guarantees it all will. Dell might give you a refund, but they won't make it work. Dell might help you with some Windows problems but they won't help you with everything. Apple will.
    Out of thousands of respondents to Consumer Reports, over 10 years, Apple computer finishes first in that category every year.
    I don't own any Apple products but an iPad. My son owns a Mac, iPods and, soon an iPhone. He raves over the help he gets at the Apple store. When I went with him to ask questions about the Mac, they were very nice and helpful.
    I can't believe you just tried to do that. to make some strange point, you try and broaden the comparison of MS vs Apple to Apple vs every tom-dick-harry in the world. Even then, I'm not so sure you're right.
    And you don't get the service, the guarantees, the quality the warranty the local service, and on and on. Call up Microsoft next time you have a problem with your Dell. Can you even call Microsoft? Tell Dell you want to transfer files to your Windows phone. That should be fun. Can they get files from your Windows phone to your Windows tablet? Will they laugh in your face? Tell them Apple gives OS updates for $30 and you want to do the same when Windows 8 comes out.

And, I repeat, you don't need as much processing power to do the same thing on a Mac as you do on Windows.

drhowarddrfine, Feb 21, 2012 IP