1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Racism in America, Alive, Well, and supported by the Mainstream Media

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Obamanation, Feb 3, 2012.

Kind of reminds me of when Don Imus said "Nappy headed ho" and was immediately suspended for being a racist, despite the non-racist non agressive and confrontational context in which it was said. Imus was drummed out because the national media immediately picked up the story and practically stood in front of his office with burning torches.

As a contrast, not a single major media outlet has picked up this story except for Fox. Not ONE! Why? Because being a black racist using extremely racist wording to defend a white jew holding a congressional seat in a heavily black district is completely acceptable, so long as that white person is a member of the Democratic party.

Remember, regardless of the color of your skin, if you have any sympathy for the ideals of the tea party, YOU ARE A RACIST! Given your racist nature, it will be perfectly acceptable to use racially charged language, like "Token Black man" and "Uncle Tom", because those words accurately describe you.

How did we get to this sad point in American culture? Probably becaus the National Association for the Advancement of White People, the National White Caucus, or any other organization that looked out for the interests of White people would be considered racist. Consider the irony of that.

Obamanation, Feb 3, 2012 IP
  2. thesickearth

thesickearth Active Member

Best Answers:
    some radio-show in the hood's hood is hardly a '' mainstream media''.

thesickearth, Feb 4, 2012 IP
  3. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You and I both know that there is racism in the US but not by one party alone. Its most white folks belonging to all parties. Its not about Republicans or Democrats.

[video=youtube;lOGpGoEMu2s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOGpGoEMu2s&feature=related[/video]

popotalk, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  4. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Here's the interview: Thaddeus Matthews being an ass.

[video=youtube;w1yAq9TDZyU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1yAq9TDZyU[/video]

[video=youtube;P3WF_1D0TAc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3WF_1D0TAc[/video]

Rebecca, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  5. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not the radio show itself. The fact that the radio show is blatantly racist to a congressional candidate, and not a single mainstream media outlet other than Fox picked up the story, shows a racist bias by all the others. Hard to see it any other way.
    Thanks for making my point. Only white people can be racist.

Obamanation, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  6. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    He's a racist.

Anyway, it looks like she's getting some supportive comments regarding the incident on her Facebook.

Rebecca, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  7. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    And yet the DJ still holds his job, in sharp contrast to the lesser offenses of Don Imus. Double standard.

Obamanation, Feb 5, 2012 IP
  8. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I agree, there is a huge double standard in general.

But, in regards to him not getting fired, I wonder if he owns the radio station? I was reading more about him. He did get fired from a radio station in 2010.
    At that time, he announced
    He says he was launching a new radio station AM 1180 WPLX. However, according to records it seemed to be started in 1989, and this says it's owned by Pollack Broadcasting Co. Pollack Broadcasting Co.: "Pollack Broadcasting Company in Memphis, TN is a private company categorized under Radio Stations and Broadcasting Companies. Our records show it was established in 1989 and incorporated in Tennessee. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $400,000 and employs a staff of approximately 5. Source: Manta "

And here again, it says he was stating he's starting a new radio station:
    Yet...

It doesn't seem like he's the owner, because, here's another contradictory article.

Anyway, not to go off on an unrelated rant...:) I don't really know how radio works. Maybe it's just like renting or something? LOL, I don't know.

Rebecca, Feb 6, 2012 IP
  9. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I'm fairly certain he is not, given your last quote. He hasn't been fired because every TV and radio station in the country isn't giving this story airtime like it did when Don Imus made his "racist" remark. When a story like this (or that), gets airtime around the country, enough people are going to get pissed off and make enough phone calls to effect change.

Regarding AM radio, I'm the owner of the station has a license to broadcast that he either obtained from the FCC, or bought from the previous owner. If he were to sell, the FCC license for that frequency (AM 1180) goes with the broadcast equipment, advertising base, format, studio lease, etc. The Democrats have been trying to legislate additional government regulations on broadcast format for several decades now, with something called the Fairness Doctrine. Basically, AM radio is dominated by conservative talk. Most left wing AM talk radio has a hard time maintaining an audience. The Fairness Doctrine would assure that there are an equal quantity of left wing and right wing talk radio on the FCC regulated AM frequencies, regardless of what the appetite of the listening public is. I suppose station owners who didn't give Maddow as much playtime as Glenn Beck would have their license pulled.

Obamanation, Feb 6, 2012 IP
  10. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Funny you should mention Maddow...
    Cause last week she was all in a self-righteous huff about Newt Gingrich making a reference to the presidents impromptu on-air singing debut. Gingrich said he didnt plan to try to compete with the president at singing as he wasn't running for "entertainer-in-chief"... He's running for president.

Oh, the horror!
    MSNBCs Maddow was apoplectic at that statement, which in her opinion was a thinly veiled reference to "minstrelsy" (her word, not Webster's)... a racist shot at our esteemed president. She was dutifully joined in this verdict by the not-at-all-racist himself Honorable Reverend Al Sharpton. Rev Sharpton added that it was intentional racism and Gingrich knew exactly who he was trying to appeal to with that comment. [note: This possibly presages Sharptons plans to transition into a mind-reading career at a future date.]

FTR: I always figured any politician that thinks he can do an open-mic-night karaoke routine from the podium and not have a few gibes hoisted his direction is dreaming, but apparently as we've discovered in other areas... the rules are not the same when we are discussing "The One".

Meanwhile, in the "cracker counties"....
    By a miraculous coincidence of the kind that would ring the irony alarm if NBC was cognizant of the concept... That same night, a guy from NBCs Politico was discussing the incoming returns in the Florida primary, and the fact that with the more urban counties reporting first, Romney was beating Gingrich. He remarked how interested he was to see how the votes in the "cracker counties" of the Florida panhandle contrasted with the urban areas, which he posited had more in common with Alabama and Georgia than the urban Florida counties.

Neither of the guys he was talking to batted an eye at the comment, the conversation flowed right past. The reference went entirely unheralded.

Alternative connotations?
    Ok, now I may not be up on all the latest racial pejoratives... But "cracker" isnt a new term, its a pejorative used against whites... Specifically white hick racists as far as I know. But as a few discussions hit the web thereafter among people that are apparently more observant than the guys that ignored the term, there were one or two that weakly tried to say "cracker" was not used in that context.

So if that were true, somewhere on the net theres bound to be a use of the term to mean something else entirely when applied to the residents of that region, right?

Turning to Google, I searched for a "cracker" reference to the people of NW Florida to see if there was a prevailing use for the term that didnt involve the apparent slur, though the context suggested it meant exactly what it sounded like. After digging past the stories that included the events of the evening, I finally found a reference using the term to describe residents of the FL panhandle.

The reference was in a scholarly PDF written as a masters thesis detailing a 1950s Florida primary. It actually included a definition of "the cracker counties"... And the definition referenced supposed uneducated poor rural and small town white racists in NW Florida.

Pretty much blew the idea the term was something other than what it sounded like... a statement that those counties are primarily populated by racists / dumb hicks who just arent as sophisticated as the city folk, and thereby more likely to vote for Gingrich, whom we must assume to be more racist than Romney since he has the support of a lot of those evil tea-party guys that secretly harbor a wish to repeal black citizens rights to vote.

A video is worth 10 thousand words
    Incidentally, as this is getting long I'll skip the videos, but the exact quotes (gingrich, maddow, cracker-counties guy, etc) are on my blog along with the videos. Think it's about a post from the top, the name will give it away. The videos also include the fairly decent Al Greene inspired accapella debut provided by the president. Just dont call him entertainer-in-chief though. Lord knows THAT would just be outta line (you stupid crackers). :)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
    robjones, Feb 6, 2012 IP
  11. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Maddow, Mathews, Sharpton, Shultz. Toward the end of Gingrich's last surge, it was universally decided at MSNBC that Gingrich was using racially coded language to speak to the Republicans at the South Carolina Debate. Given the appetite S.Carolina Republicans had for Mr. Gingrich's lingo, by extension the viewer could figure out that every last Republican in that audience was a racist or an uncle tom.

Apparently, the give away was the way Newt Gingrich addressed Juan William's by his first name, with his his usual indignant tone at the questions he was being asked. Perhaps you weren't aware of this, I know I certainly wasn't, but if you address a black man with an indignant tone, you might as well have called him a n*gger.

We all need to be very careful about what we say. We may be racists (or Uncle Toms) without even knowing it. I suspect it mostly depends on whether or not you vote Democrat.

Obamanation, Feb 6, 2012 IP
  12. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Dears - I'd pretend I am interest, but indeed i am since 2007 just making quips like my last post to multiply my post counts. i'm getting 4 cents per hundred posts. In 10 short years i shall to buying a cart for my goat.

[hey, if the vp can make fun of the outsource guys dont i get equal time?]

robjones, Feb 6, 2012 IP
  13. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The "Fairness Doctrine" does seem to be more of a "Democrat" thing. :)

On a side note, with the double standards, do you think this is an example?

africanamericans.barackobama.com

I would like to see this if any:

americans.barackobama.com

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
    Rebecca, Feb 6, 2012 IP
  14. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    You think? IMO, if you can't swap out the racial term, in this case "AfricanAmericans" for Barack Obama, and replace it with "WhitePeople" or "Aryans" without having it be racially insensitive, the chances are you are over the line. Lets think about it.

AryansForRomney.com

Racist?

Obamanation, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  15. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    If an "official" website controlled by Romney, created a special site, or section of his site just for Aryan people, of course, there would be an uproar.

Off Topic:

1. Go to: africanamericans.barackobama.com
    2. Scroll to the very bottom, and look to your right under related sites.
    3. Click on Attack Watch
    4. You can sign up, and/or click to continue to site
    5. You can report any attacks on Obama & co. that you see in the media
    6. Click on Attack Files, then the "find out more" box
    7. Scroll down a bit, and to left you will see clickable articles where Obama, his family, his policies have been attacked.
    8. It doesn't tell you to go to article and comment, but it gives you all the facts in the right column, and those clickable links on the left.

Wow. I've seen candidates do this before, but nothing nearly as organized.

Rebecca, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  16. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sort of Orwellian. Alway have thought Obama supporters had a very "1984" thing going on. Reality is maleable... Just toss them a slogan to chant and repeatedly feed them lines they should know dont correspond to the candidates actions. Given the chance they'd gladly report you to Big Brother for denying the altered reality peddled by the Thought Police.

robjones, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  17. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It does seem a bit Orwellian. And, the site is using psychology. If you click on each "attack", it shows pictures of the "attackers." They're using a red filter to make the attackers face red, and framing it in that communist red and black combo. It makes them kind of unpleasant to look at. Then, when you look at the right column to read Obama facts, it's all a crisp, simple, black and white.

Rebecca, Feb 7, 2012 IP
  18. AEDUP

AEDUP Member

Best Answers:
    Divide and Conquer.

AEDUP, Feb 15, 2012 IP
  19. sunfyre7896

sunfyre7896 Peon

Best Answers:
    I myself I'm pretty sick of the double standard, but what can you do? It ranges anywhere from whites having to walk on eggshells when speaking anything having to do with race all the way down to whites having to say African American instead of black or you might offend someone. Most blacks are not African American unless they were born in Africa. That's why African is the adjective. No one calls whites European American or Caucasian except when describing people actually FROM Europe or when describing a police profile.

People need to lighten up on that. All of this p.c. nonsense just made things more racially charged in the first place. Things should be more relaxed, less p.c., and more equal as in if you're going to fire Imus, then fire this guy or fire nobody. It's as if whites are still being demonized like they or their parents owned slaves and oppressed minorities like they did prior to the civil rights movement. People need to realize that it's 2012, the 21st century and move on. While racism still exists and some form of it or prejudice (if everyone were the same race, there'd be bigots against short people, or people with blue eyes, etc.) will always exist, it's far less than it was in decades and centuries past. They need to realize that a double standard exists, and realizing the problem is half the solution, and work on acceptance rather than blaming others as is the case of this double standard and p.c. ridiculousness.

sunfyre7896, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  20. thesickearth

thesickearth Active Member

Best Answers:
    its not racist when blacks do it

thesickearth, Feb 16, 2012 IP