1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

domain name choosing

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by b2netsolutions, Feb 10, 2012.

While choosing a domain name which points do you bare in mind?

b2netsolutions, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  2. HostingLynx

HostingLynx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Usually how search engine friendly its going to be. Obviously something like catsrock.com would be easily found apposed to catsrock5235.com. I also want to make sure that my domains match whats going on with my website. Such as I'm not going to start a website called like awesomemusic.com and the sites all about history ebooks.

HostingLynx, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  3. solar44

solar44 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    - tld (always go for the .com if it's available)
    - try having your main keyword in the domain name
    - estimated traffic/searches per month

But it's always better to buy a domain name that has been on the market for a few years, as it makes it a bit easier to get it ranked well for terms.

solar44, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  4. Darb

Darb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It depends what you want to use the domain for. If you want to rank well on search engines, choose a simple domain name with popular keywords that are relevant to your niche. If you want to get brand recognition, choose a domain that is catchy, distinct, and not overtly promotional.

Darb, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  5. buyonlineindia

buyonlineindia Peon

Best Answers:
    It is suggest in lot of article about SEO that you should always have niche keywords in your domain but this can also hurt you initially as it is hard find niche keywords. Also if you go for crazy names you may not gain PR really fast.

buyonlineindia, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  6. thegmc

thegmc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do your keyword research and choose the shortest keyword that you can that still makes sense for your site. A domain is sort of like the ultimate keyword

thegmc, Feb 19, 2012 IP
  7. bestleads

bestleads Peon

Best Answers:
    All the above suggestions are great.
    And a domain name can be used to promote your name (brand) or a product or service.
    Is it a generic site?
    A blog?
    For a specific product or service?
    For several products of the same category?

The best is a .com, but this is saturated and finding a good domain with it could be quite difficult or you will have to make it lengthy. Unless you are using it locally, adding to it your city or town. Or country specific.

You can use other extensions: info, net, org. But people tend to see .com even if it is not there. And they could end in one of your competitor's site.

Sincerely,

Antonios

bestleads, Feb 19, 2012 IP
  8. mutuk04

mutuk04 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I consider my niche and then try to choose the shortest domain I could think of because i noticed most people would go on google to search the term facebook instead of typing facebook.com on their browser

mutuk04, Feb 20, 2012 IP
  9. janinjackson

janinjackson Peon

Best Answers:
    Many domain name registration companies don’t let you make changes to your domains yourself. You have to enter a request via their support systems and then wait days for assistance. Simple things like changing IPS Tags and changing Name Servers should be possible via your control panel. Make sure you get a control panel and check out what the control panel lets you do.

janinjackson, Feb 20, 2012 IP
  10. aray

aray Peon

Best Answers:
    well first of all, i think before i buy a domain i will consider what will my new website publish? is it about automotives, home, travel, etc.
    then i will find a good keyword in the name of domain.
    good keyword mean good optimization for the site, i think.

aray, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  11. seoviviti

seoviviti Peon

Best Answers:
    keyword rich domain is the right choice for entering any web business. If you purchase domain which not even have single word about your business then you need to do hard word for promoting on search engine. For offline business domain doesn't matter. The marketing strategy works perfect for offline business.

seoviviti, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  12. MikeLugar

MikeLugar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Always go for the simplest. Simplicity is key. Also, if you have a niche in mind look for a rhyming word that you can add to it and make a brandable site out of. Also, sleep on the domain before you purchase it (its not going anywhere). I gurantee this will make you think twice sometimes.

MikeLugar, Feb 21, 2012 IP