1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Would a logo at the top or a survey influence your decision to respond to a survey

Discussion in 'General Business' started by pipes, Feb 11, 2012.

I have just put together a survey for something that im working on, i have a landing page where the survey will be posted as a link, and i had a logo put together for that landing page, i have just added the same logo to said survey.

What i would like to know is would seeing the same logo at the top of the survey that you have seen at the landing page influence your decision to respond to a survey?

Would it create a feeling of trust and familiarity in you or would it make no difference to your decision?

Im leaving the logo in the survey anyway as i think its a good idea but im still interested to know what you think.

Btw i have put major thought and research into the survey alone :)

pipes, Feb 11, 2012 IP
  2. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not asking to many info so i don't feel like in an interrogation would make me feel better then any logo . Also having the question formulated in a light and friendly tone would be even better . The less you trigger someone's defense mechanisms the better the chances of completing the survey . Also if it's over 10 questions/more then 1 page you should probably put a free prize or something . Think CNN style .

I know you out a lot of effort in your survey but in 2012 privacy is in short supply .

ApocalypseXL, Feb 11, 2012 IP
    pipes likes this.
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It would appear more professional to have the look and feel follow through from the landing page to the survey. However the trust would come from people recognising your "brand" in the first place.

sarahk, Feb 11, 2012 IP
    pipes likes this.
  4. frozzy

frozzy Peon

Best Answers:
    According to my psychology and sociology classes it will definetely have an impact on survey and decission making.

frozzy, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  5. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks ApocalypseXL the questions in my survey are focused on a particular area/process but avoid asking anything that is invasive and the reasons for my questions are focused on potentially being able to improve something for them, looking at my questions they appear to be light and friendly plus not all of the questions require an answer, at least half can be skipped if they want to, some are open ended too.

Ive also added a couple of lines of text right before the first question stating the purpose of the survey and a reason for participation, its 10 or 11 questions total and ive tried where possible to keep the questions short.

Thanks sarahk, while i dont have a brand yet i feel that even seeing a logo matching the one on the landing page might even remind them why they are responding to the survey, i know that peoples attention can be easily diverted.

Also if someone is responding to the survey without having visited the landing page first then they at least get a hint of who is behind it, where its from.

Thanks frozzy, im reading that as a positive thing but can also see it the other way if a company exists and might have a bad name or reputation and it could quickly affect the amount of respondents.

pipes, Feb 12, 2012 IP
    ApocalypseXL likes this.