1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

which keyword(s) should I aim for ?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by MgDezigns, Feb 8, 2012.

I have finally decided to fix up my site in terms of SEO , i would like t start with my wedding section first which is
    mgdezigns dot com
    currently i think its a mess in relation to SEO , this is a very high competition niche market
    I need to figure out which keyword(s) i should aim for , for high ranking in google, yahoo and msn
    i know the most appropriate is "wedding invitations" which has highest global searches but the competition is very high!
    i am so confused and lost, dunno what to do :(
    can anyone help me with it?
    if you are a generous soul and can hold my hand and guide me through , pls feel free to contact me via my site too!
    thx
    <3
    Maria

MgDezigns, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  2. janeah

janeah Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Maria,

I suggest you use a keyword tool to narrow down your choices from the broad list. Market Samurai or Google Keyword Tool External are good with this.
    I also suggest on using keywords which has 3000+ global searches or demands to make sure that lots of people are searching for them.

Best of Luck!
    Janeah

janeah, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  3. MgDezigns

MgDezigns Peon

Best Answers:
    in google keywords tool, should is search by adding word or phrase or by adding url of my page?
    which keywords should i use related to competition, high,low or medium?

MgDezigns, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  4. nbj

nbj Member

Best Answers:
    The keyword sellecrion is not a single day task. There i am going to tell you technique i use. Keyword sellection is not a single day task. In the first stage you have to choose some relavent keyword start work upon this. After a few time you need to start analysis on this. In the second stage you have to choose some low competitive keyword. Work on this until you get good rank on this.

nbj, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  5. Nate55

Nate55 Peon

Best Answers:
    Go into Google Jeyword Tool. Add the phrase you want to look for (Tick the box [exact match] on the left hand side) and you will see results for that keyphrase entered and all those google deems are related. You can then make a keyword list you want to target and build these into your website.

Nate55, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  6. Alan Smith

Alan Smith Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. Find keywords through Google adword keyword tool which is very efficient in the keyword research.
    2. You will have to choose relevant keywords which are low in competition and high in the search volume according to the site
    3. After choosing keywords make keyword phrase which will help the site to increase visibility in the search engine.

Alan Smith, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  7. anggie

anggie Peon

Best Answers:
    seems to have the right, what else do you think about it, marketed it.! I'm sure others would like.

anggie, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  8. SalAG

SalAG Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Maria,

I am once assigned to work with the same kind of project. Same kind of website with the same services offered. Here's a tip, you can purchase a good software to give you relevant keywords like market samurai but you can also try other free products too. As far as I can remember relevant keywords for such website are: wedding vows, different kinds of wedding vows, wedding place cards, wedding seating cards, wedding table, wedding reception, wedding table plan, place cards for weddings, wedding seating cards, wedding seating plan etiquette, wedding place card etiquette....

I hope this helps.

Sal

SalAG, Feb 11, 2012 IP
  9. axis.softech

axis.softech Peon

Best Answers:
    Medium competitive highly searched keyword would be always beneficial for business.

axis.softech, Feb 11, 2012 IP
  10. cashwealthy

cashwealthy Peon

Best Answers:
    The most basic idea behind selecting the right keyword is choosing keywords for which people are acutally searching. It is important to think like your target audience and not to think like an expert or someone well versed in your profession.

cashwealthy, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  11. techendeavour

techendeavour Peon

Best Answers:
    Please do some research on keywords,using keyword checker tool, choose best keyword for this.It is the heart of your website.

techendeavour, Feb 19, 2012 IP
  12. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    Get yourself a free copy of market samurai. There's no better way to research keywords.

contentboss, Feb 19, 2012 IP
  13. gajjarcompressor

gajjarcompressor Peon

Best Answers:
    You can use Google ad words tools for keyword selection.

gajjarcompressor, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  14. @Gyanguru

@Gyanguru Peon

Best Answers:
    Rather than selecting a keyword, the best thing is to check which topic you are good at then look for the relevant keywords. The best of first target the low competition side keywords then go for the main keywords of your topic

@Gyanguru, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  15. seo_philly

seo_philly Peon

Best Answers:
    Consider using Market Samurai. You will find a detailed result of keyword competition in most of the Search Engines.

seo_philly, Feb 23, 2012 IP
  16. MgDezigns

MgDezigns Peon

Best Answers:
    thx a lot everyone :)

MgDezigns, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  17. lonking

lonking Peon

Best Answers:
    try word tracker or google adwords, and combine keywords of your company, then you may find the most appropriate one.

lonking, Feb 26, 2012 IP
  18. SalAG

SalAG Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, Sorry MG for the late response. I admit I don't have enough knowledge about SEO since I haven't explore the field that much. But wrote hundreds of blogs and articles about wedding.

SalAG, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  19. rosesmark

rosesmark Active Member

Best Answers:
    Please do some research on niche keywords..Using Google Keyword Tool, choose best keyword for your website...

rosesmark, Mar 8, 2012 IP
  20. carlhenson

carlhenson Peon

Best Answers:
    Do a search on wedding invitations related keywords.

Choose those keywords that are just around 1000-2000 EXACT search per month. Also check the front page for any high competition sites.

carlhenson, Mar 20, 2012 IP