1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paid $80 for 235 backlinks from an SEO expert - Alexa only picks up 25

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by budfox26, Feb 10, 2012.

This is for my website tensecondscoop.com - bought a package which meant him manually submitting backlinks on do-follow sites. He showed me all links; forum posts, article submission, social bookmarking. I checked all the links and they're all correct - however, google and alexa have only picked up 25 of these links. Did I waste my money or do I have to wait? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

budfox26, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  2. JustGeeks

JustGeeks Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to be patient :D it will take 1 or 2 months or longer to see the result.
    And 235 backlinks from where? dofollow but they are quality sites?

JustGeeks, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  3. J.P

J.P Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What has Alexa got to do with it.. if you are buying links you should be watching the SERPS not some outdated alexa ranking that can be faked

When getting backlinks you need to target the right keywords and monitor the serps.. thats whats important

J.P, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  4. charlesbrown678

charlesbrown678 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no need to worry about... you have to w8..
    Actually google need some time to crawl these links... I might be 1 or 2 months... so chill till then ... ;)

charlesbrown678, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  5. JSProjects

JSProjects Member

Best Answers:
    You'll just have to be patient unless you do something to try and help index them quicker. (Backlink them, ping them, etc.)

JSProjects, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  6. bigove73

bigove73 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can try helping them along but be patient as most won't be found for months...

bigove73, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  7. jvfconsulting

jvfconsulting Active Member

Best Answers:
    You're lucky Alexa picked up 25 of them! lol They have the worst stats ever

jvfconsulting, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  8. seowiz52

seowiz52 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't be too worried that they're not showing on Alexa. Sure, it's a good site to get an idea of backlinks, but you're never going to see all of your backlinks from Alexa. What matters is that your rankings for your chosen keywords are moving upwards in Google.

seowiz52, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  9. bannerweaver

bannerweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not sure how accurate Alexa is, or for that matter even Google Webmaster central. While Alexa is perhaps not equipped enough to give you the right number of backlinks, Google Webmaster does not intentionally reveal the right number of backlinks. This has been my personal experience. I have linked one of my sites from other sites owned by me, so I know for sure the number of links my site has, but Google WMC does not show the comprehensive list.

I will be happy to know what others feel.

bannerweaver, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  10. localnumberone

localnumberone Peon

Best Answers:
    You should wait until or unless your website links get indexed by the search engine crawler.

localnumberone, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  11. robchapman

robchapman Peon

Best Answers:
    You will be fine. Google will crawl the sites. If you want to speed the process along, then I suggest pinging the URLs that contain your backlinks. You may want to ping 10 a day so it looks like the links are being built gradually.

robchapman, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  12. tronik

tronik Peon

Best Answers:
    Finally. Someone with a helpful post, thanks. I've been searching for awhile how long it takes backlinks to get indexed.

BTW 235 backlinks aint very much, you got ripped off if they aren't on very good sites and do-follow.

tronik, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  13. budfox26

budfox26 Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the replies everyone.

@Tronik, the sites ranged from pr2-8. I know it was a bit expensive but last time I tried those "10000 backlinks for 14.99" offers my site got banned from google. Dont want to do that again. Manual linking only please.

budfox26, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  14. Crimson Penguin

Crimson Penguin Peon

Best Answers:
    Firstly, you shouldn't really be paying for backlinks as not only is it black hat but you are putting your site at risk by doing so.

Second, you say the sites range from PR2-8? I suspect that you have fallen victim, as many do, to the classic [insert word that's not quite as bad as scam] of thinking you're getting high PR links when in fact only the homepage has the high PR rank and not the actual page the link is on. I doubt very much that every one of those 235 links you paid $80 for is on a PR2-8 page. If they are then I would argue that $80 is actually not bad value.

Finally, in terms of your problem, Alexa is a terrible indicator of backlinks, perhaps one of the worst out there. Whenever I've used it, it picks up far fewer links than other tools. The best tool to see most of your backlinks is through your own Google webmaster account under the dashboard for your site. Using the simple link:url in Google will not show many of your backlinks either. Webmaster tools doesn't show 100% of your backlinks but it will certainly show a lot more than any other backlink checker. Also make sure you use a nofollow link checker to verify the links are dofollow.

Crimson Penguin, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  15. Crimson Penguin

Crimson Penguin Peon

Best Answers:
    I would probably even pay $80 for the one PR8 link, if it is on a page that is PR8! ;)

Crimson Penguin, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  16. BrandonToday

BrandonToday Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe the links aren't all indexed yet. Just wait a couple days and see. I'm sure they'll be indexed.

BrandonToday, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  17. chillingbreeze

chillingbreeze Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $80 for 230+ links ... too good to believe unless they're of compromised quality
    If you got even 25 indexed, it's already a good deal. Only deserving ones were indexed
    Like others said, be patient and a few more will be indexed.

It's not good to blame your link builder to have all links show up in any tool.

chillingbreeze, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  18. budfox26

budfox26 Guest

Best Answers:
    Ok, just checked through google webmaster tools. 58 different sites were linking in. Are these all sites, or just do-follow.

Thanks

budfox26, Feb 12, 2012 IP