1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PPC A Good Idea?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Dave90210, Jan 23, 2012.

I've used PPC for social networking sites and it works well but I've hadn't had any luck with product promotion.

I've tried laser targeted campaigns for many ClickBank products as well as my own products with very little results.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
    Dave90210, Jan 23, 2012 IP
  2. jackgrant1

jackgrant1 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is good reason for the popularity of pay per click web advertising. It works. It works for the advertiser. It works for the website it’s placed on. It even works for the customer. That being said, there are both benefits and disadvantages to pay per click advertising. Is pay per click a good idea for web advertising? The answer is not a simple yes or no. Just like any form of advertising, you must weigh the advantages and disadvantages to see if pay per click advertising is a good idea for your business. In a nutshell, pay per click advertising is an ad you only pay for when someone clicks on your link or the page your ad is on. Pay per click ads can be placed on articles, websites or e-mail pages. Essentially any website page can use pay per click ads to generate income, from blogs to news sites. Pay per click ads generate income for both the advertiser and the owner of the page the ad is placed on. They also provide a convenient way for customers to find out about your business.

jackgrant1, Jan 23, 2012 IP
  3. jackgrant1

jackgrant1 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is good reason for the popularity of pay per click web advertising. It works. It works for the advertiser. It works for the website it’s placed on. It even works for the customer. That being said, there are both benefits and disadvantages to pay per click advertising. Is pay per click a good idea for web advertising? The answer is not a simple yes or no. Just like any form of advertising, you must weigh the advantages and disadvantages to see if pay per click advertising is a good idea for your business. In a nutshell, pay per click advertising is an ad you only pay for when someone clicks on your link or the page your ad is on. Pay per click ads can be placed on articles, websites or e-mail pages. Essentially any website page can use pay per click ads to generate income, from blogs to news sites. Pay per click ads generate income for both the advertiser and the owner of the page the ad is placed on. They also provide a convenient way for customers to find out about your business.

jackgrant1, Jan 23, 2012 IP
  4. Icecube_media

Icecube_media Peon

Best Answers:
    HI
    yes if one have the budget then PPC is good way of promotion. PPC provide the fast results also.

Icecube_media, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  5. physicist

physicist Peon

Best Answers:
    Using PPC to push Clickbank sales is tough. You are going up against some of the most savvy and aggressive marketers on the planet! Why do that? Two alternatives - choose non IM low gravity products, they may well be less competitive. Second- drive your traffic to your own squeeze page and sell to your own list after that.

:)

physicist, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  6. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    Tons of people are doing well at PPC. Myself, I've never had a ton of luck. My best ever experience was over at Bing and Yahoo. I've never succeeded at Adwords where I end up paying $1.00 per click it seems. However, I wouldn't jump into it and throw a ton of money at it over a day, I would set $20-$30 per day limit, and start learning and work with only the most relevant keywords with intent to buy possible. Then again, I can't give much advice because I've never done all that well at it. :)

PHPGator, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  7. nathaniean890

nathaniean890 Peon

Best Answers:
    PPC is an Internet advertising model used to direct traffic to websites, where advertisers pay the publisher when the ad is clicked.

nathaniean890, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  8. Dave90210

Dave90210 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People say they do well at it but they don't show proof. I've had better luck with Yahoo also.

Dave90210, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  9. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I think lots of people state that Facebook is really good, my experience is that it is great for liesure type stuff (EG, dating). I didn't have much luck when selling an actual product. I was selling sports tickets and didn't get a single conversion. I didn't try too much, but I didn't have any luck... lets put it that way.

I know a few are doing well at it, you can check out tyler cruz's blog, I think here lately he has been talking about doing profit via PPC.

PHPGator, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  10. BassHead

BassHead Peon

Best Answers:
    PPC is my favorite way to find keywords that I can SEO. It's also the fastest way to find profitable keywords.

BassHead, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  11. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes.. PPC is good option.

jhardy2008, Jan 24, 2012 IP
  12. Rodney Jones

Rodney Jones Peon

Best Answers:
    PPC provides good results so its an good option...

Rodney Jones, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  13. rith

rith Member

Best Answers:
    Pay Per Click is another method to get traffic to your site. There are many PPC services so you can choose any service that you can be available.

rith, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  14. -luke-

-luke- Peon

Best Answers:
    You can always try out neobux. They seem to be a good PPC

-luke-, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  15. tipsy12

tipsy12 Peon

Best Answers:
    PPC is good to get instant results.

tipsy12, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  16. 4Frankie

4Frankie Peon

Best Answers:
    PPC is a good way to get traffic to your site for list building as well as sales, but you have to be careful about costs and how much you want to spend, as in the distant past I let it really run away, achieving a balance to make money of course is the ideal.

4Frankie, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  17. karthick9

karthick9 Member

Best Answers:
    To get a beneficial result in a too short period and also for an official purpose, obviously PPC makes you to incur a tremendous output..

karthick9, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  18. commodity

commodity Peon

Best Answers:
    PPC is best method to quality traffic on site. It is very good techniques to get original clicks on site. In this way you can improve the sales of products..

commodity, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  19. Gimmerank

Gimmerank Peon

Best Answers:
    IMHO, use PPC on very hot keywords (e.g. Hotel Booking, Credit Card, Loan etc...) are totally waste of money. (Except you are a very big firm like bank of america, which you will not be here read this anyway

Gimmerank, Feb 11, 2012 IP
  20. deltagci

deltagci Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I like Pay per click, but there always you have to focus on keywords, once you're getting high traffic with low competition keywords, then you may success.

deltagci, Feb 14, 2012 IP