1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stuck with AdSense forever

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Snake Eye, Feb 9, 2012.

I like the money I am getting from AdSense, but have been trying to get approved by other Ad Companies just to test them on a few ad slots and see how they perform. Plus it is good to have a backup company incase I got banned by AdSense, but the problem is I cant find a good backup Ad Company, any suggestions?

I applied at Casale Media and was declined. Then I tried ValueClick and was also declined, which shocked me because ValueClick people had been emailing several times in December and January trying to get me to sign up. That does not make any sense that they would decline me. My site gets much more traffic than their min requirement so they must not have liked the content.

Anyway I don't like the idea of only being with AdSense, what if another company does outperform them and I would not even know it? Or if I was to get banned somehow, I would be screwed.

Snake Eye, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  2. tim-buchalka

tim-buchalka Active Member

Best Answers:
    It sounds like you are NOT "telling them what they want to hear" when you are applying.

More than likely the problem is they think you are a newbie or going to be a headache to manage - It's a problem for IM'ers joining these sites. What you want to do is come across like you don't need them, but they need you. e.g. What sort of deal can you do for me to bring my business from adsense to you.

Maybe mention what you are earning and the clicks you are getting and mention you are expanding into other niches and are looking for a company that can grow with you.

Also mention based on your projections your traffic is likely to triple within the next 6 months.

You get the picture. Sell yourself. Then they see you are a "business person" and not a newbie.

I've used this approach with CPA companies and NEVER been rejected, EVER!

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

tim-buchalka, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  3. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Could it be related to content? Are you adding high quality content to your site on a regular basis?

Also, they may see AdSense is already on your site and they are declining you partially for that reason.

danasurvey, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  4. nirajkum

nirajkum Active Member

Best Answers:
    it is hard to earn as much as from adsense so others you can try is adbrite and I dont think the earning would be same

nirajkum, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  5. yelax

yelax Peon

Best Answers:
    Try infolinks. I've had good service from them, and they pay relatively well compared to other bigger networks. Adsense still pays the best of course.

yelax, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  6. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How about adcenter, did you try them before?

lifeplayer, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  7. Snake Eye

Snake Eye Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Some Ad Networks will decline you if you have AdSense? Why would they do that though? They afraid they would not be able to compete? I have never heard of infolinks or adcenter but will look into them. I am sure AdSense pays the best but it is good to have a backup company incase something happens. As for AdBrite, I heard AdSense was banning people who also used AdBrite so I think I might stay away from them.

To respond to the first person from this thread, I simply just applied with those 2 companies on their site. I didn't have an opportunity to make it look like I don't need them because I was just filling out the application. I guess I should have replied to those ValueClick people when they kept emailing me in December begging me to join them. Although I am not sure if the people who send those emails have control over approvals, they may just be looking for applications and to make a sale.

Snake Eye, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  8. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    are you kidding me? of course there is, contextual ads that naturally link to affiliate programs.

dcristo, Feb 11, 2012 IP
  9. edvvardbrian

edvvardbrian Member

Best Answers:
    i think adsense is best then other affiliates .

edvvardbrian, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  10. Get Daily Jobs

Get Daily Jobs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You cant get revenues like ADSENSE on the earth......

Get Daily Jobs, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  11. gtk29

gtk29 Member

Best Answers:
    The ad networks you have mentioned look for a heavy traffic site. They often refuse small size size sites, sites which are not updated regularly or sites which do not receive many thousands of visitors per day.

gtk29, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  12. jess17snyder

jess17snyder Peon

Best Answers:
    Of couse you don't want to stuck with adsens, they pay you too later, maybe 1 - 2 month after you earn the money, compare with other network, it pay you every 1 or 2 weeks, your choice is obvious.

jess17snyder, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  13. ktp2012

ktp2012 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Quick Tips

an important part to making a mistake is telling people about it and teaching them how to avoid making the same mistake. So this is a list of the top five mistakes people using AdSense make.
    You should read them well, and see if any of them is applicable to your contents. If it is, you must stop and attempt to fix such errors as quickly as possible.

The first major no-no that everyone seems to be hitting at one point or another has to do with breaking the rules. Google's AdSense is a great program but it relies on you respecting a few set rules.

The most important thing is not to create "artificial clicks" through any means possible. Never click your own links, never ask your friends or close ones to click the links and never, by any means have your content encouraging the visitors to click the links.

Failing to comply with Google's terms could have your AdSense account suspended.

ktp2012, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  14. gjivan

gjivan Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is exactly what i was trying to say....Additionally, it depends on the Terms of Service of particular company. To be on safe side, try infolinks or kontera than bidvertiser, adbrite etc etc..

gjivan, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  15. cujo

cujo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hear there is better on Venus and Mars.

cujo, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  16. edvvardbrian

edvvardbrian Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's not a big problem as long as you earn a decent income from AdSense and can diversify your money-streams with other monetization models (affiliate, JV, CPA, etc)... What about Kontera or InfoLinks? They're very easy to get accepted into.

edvvardbrian, Feb 26, 2012 IP