1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My website got out of Google

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by samfusion, Feb 8, 2012.

Guys, I had a website with 200 to 500 visits a day. Due to some hosting problem, I had to switch hosting and there was downtime while migrating. However, I got a lot of 404, 500 errors with my WordPress website. At last, I have transferred my website to a Pro package with a good rated provider. However, I still have handful of users accessing my website. :( How can I tell Google that I have resolved all my issues and get my site results where it was before. I have resubmitted sitemap, updated permalinks and everything. However, when I post a new post it won't appears in Google as before. I am sad about it. Please help me guys. Thank you.

I will provide my website link if necessary, I am new to this forum and worried about mentioning link.

Thanks again.

samfusion, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  2. samfusion

samfusion Peon

Best Answers:
    I know about SEO, Meta tags, robot.txt and all possibilities of SEO. If I wanted to get it done by paying, I would pay Google to get my site visible in top results. Thanks though. I wanted to know if anyone had such issues before. Sam

samfusion, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  3. mridu

mridu Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you tried checking at webmaster tool of Google, there you can identify most of the URL problems if any. Check this to find out has Google dropped you out of you index - site:sitename.com (type this in Google search box). Also, you can PM me your website domain, so that I can check further. Mostly changing hosts may bring some turbulence in ranking but that is not huge.

mridu, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  4. jaredrasc

jaredrasc Peon

Best Answers:
    Same Problem with me ..don't know what is happening

jaredrasc, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  5. samfusion

samfusion Peon

Best Answers:
    @mridu, thanks for your reply. Yes, I did check site:timesmangalore.com as well as keyword site:timesmangalore.com. I see 30+ pages of results of my website of different posts of my link. I don't know how to explain, I use statcounter.com to access my webstats. I had about 200 to 500 unique visits. Whenever I post a new topic, within 6 minutes I could see that in Google with keywords:

SiteTitle:post title
    Description:
    Link:
    6minutes ago

Really, its not happening now, I just wanted to know why Google Proxy stopped posting my new contents on search results. You are right, I think I should wait for couple days.

Thanks guys,
    Sam

samfusion, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  6. samfusion

samfusion Peon

Best Answers:
    mridu. I have checked Google Webmaster tools and resolved 404, html errors, I have re-submitted sitemap. Hope that ll resolve the issue.
    Thanks
    Sam

7. kinggod

kinggod Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The first and simplest solution many be that your robot.txt file has been changed to prevent search engines from entering your site. Or your meta tags could be directing the search engine robots to exclude your site. While this would be highly unlikely, it is best to rule this out. So check your robot.txt file (if you have one) and your meta tags. Unless you want your site hidden, you should never read this in your meta tags: <meta name="ROBOTS" content="NOINDEX">. If you see this, you are blocking your site from Google.

kinggod, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  8. samfusion

samfusion Peon

Best Answers:
    User-agent: *Disallow: /go/# End Link Mask Generator outputUser-agent: *Disallow: /wp-admin/Disallow: /wp-includes/

9. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well of course Google is going to temporarily stop visitors going to your site, to their knowledge your site was screwed and offered no value... so they aren't going to keep your site in the search results - why would they!?

All you can do now is get busy posting, ping Google with new content and allow them to search your site, the best way is to get the spiders crawling all of your content again and they will see that the issues are fixed... just be patient and get busy posting... linking back to your old articles again (literally from your new relevant posts)...

thsadmin, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  10. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It's just a matter of time. Wait for a few days/weeks. If it's the same content, the same dom. name it should get back up where it was. (I am just guessing).

qwikad.com, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  11. scottfarris61

scottfarris61 Peon

Best Answers:
    wait some day it will be corrected soon.

scottfarris61, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  12. mrgilb

mrgilb Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. Don't panic Google search results change fast. Just because you lost visitors fast you can regain them fast too.

mrgilb, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  13. sumdor

sumdor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Patience my friend is the key with Google. I have had such incidents when one of my client's site was not indexed for over 6 months even while others like Bing, Yahoo has indexed in a month. What did we do to bring back on Google. First, the domain that we bought was a 'bad neighbour' link due to misuse by the previous owner. We tried to convince Google this that we had purchased the domain will be posting helpful articles. We got no reply whatsoever. In the meantime, we posted some 100+ or so helpful articles and used those Ping services. We notified this again to Google on the fourth month...my client was getting anxious. But since they wanted the domain badly we had to WAIT again. Then, we created Facebook page, Twitter page and on the 7th month we got indexed!

sumdor, Feb 10, 2012 IP