1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Outsourcing SEO - burned out

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by aix4200, Feb 8, 2012.

Hi,

I just want to share my bad experience with outsourcing SEO work to a small firm in India.I outsourced 2-3 websites for PR enhancement and backlink building, couple of days later my site traffic started dropping and 2 weeks later it suffered significant drop, on questioning i find out that the off-shore folks adding the comment on Blogger blogs for targeted keywords - they were adding 50 comments on blogger blog.

I did some serious questioning and find out that they used the single IP for commenting on blogger blog, they send me the report, blogs the used for commenting all PR 3 and higher. I am afraid Google penalized my sites because there was flooding of comments on blog for my sites.

I am just trying to find out is this why my site traffic dropped ? can some one help.

thanks

aix4200, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  2. mridu

mridu Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess you have already figured it out and moreover I have heard other experiences of rank drops after bulk blog commenting. The idea is we need to stop spamming and it'll solve. Try to share meaningful and useful content at places where it is needed, by that I mean stick to relevancy factor.

mridu, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  3. melahi

melahi Peon

Best Answers:
    outsourcing seo for us has been a disappointment. if you can suggest any good seo company would appreciate.

melahi, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  4. tessori

tessori Peon

Best Answers:
    hi.
    Google loves manual work and hates spam. YOu can get good results, post unique and original content with good quality backlinks.

tessori, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  5. aix4200

aix4200 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it's no-brainer. Google owns blogspot, it would take seconds to flag the url if same url and comment is posted at 2 or more blog site.

Any way back to unique and original content, can some one recommend Good sites to post the articles ???

aix4200, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  6. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well spamming blogs isn't SEO... but it wont get you banned or punished either - or I could do that to my competitors... But it's a shit practice and you weren't working with anybody who is is knowledgeable or competent in SEO. I would like to see your site and make some suggestions and get you some keywords if you're interested - PM me.

thsadmin, Feb 9, 2012 IP
  7. EteriuM

EteriuM Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Build quality contextual links. Also linkbuilding is not about numbers.

EteriuM, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  8. markallen123

markallen123 Guest

Best Answers:
    dont do spam work.... like same content post in many websites... post different and unique to each and every article, blog, press release site

markallen123, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  9. jayise

jayise Peon

Best Answers:
    50 comments doesn't seem like enough to get you dinged by Google?? 500 maybe.

jayise, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  10. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Nope - you wouldn't getting dinged by Google at all... look at all the people who spam their Youtube videos and links around - they never get penalized by Google... or we could do it to our competitors... the only penalization would be their I.P - the ones who spam and their email or user name etc. Maybe the blogs in which they spam also - because it's up to the blogger to maintain a healthy site and once their comments look like link spam and a link farm - Google will penalize those owners. Also the links wont = shit because of the way they were spammed around - it's the actual link that gets disregarded as spam and not the whole site.

thsadmin, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  11. Trapped

Trapped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What you are facing (and I just presume here, based on the information's you have given so far) is a G-dance due to the new incoming links your site is receiving. It will eventually return to old (and possibly, a better) position to what it is. Such dance may take a week or even months to re-establish your actual rank position, this can depend from several factors; how old is your site, how often was it receiving links and whats the gap between the "old" consistence of incoming links and this "new" one (in some cases, for example on dormant sites, suddenly getting 50 incoming links is already high enough to raise an "attention flag" and the re-establishment of the rankings can take longer to get back).

What you might want to do is continue building links (perhaps at a slower rate but for a longer period..as long as it is consistent - but for your own sake, don't use such crappy links).
    What you might not want to do is stop building links...and most likely (ok, this is a presumption again, based on few tests I've run few months ago) take even few months to get back to old position.

And just for the record, you haven't outsourced seo (if it was a seo, would have known at what scale can they push with links), you've just outsourced link builders that follow specific orders/tasks without worrying about the background history of the site.

A second record, you've used the crappiest type of links you could really NOT-want for your site.

Trapped, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  12. BrandonToday

BrandonToday Peon

Best Answers:
    They were using an automated tool to comment on blogs. The worst time of backlinks you can get. Most of them do not get indexed, if the website owner even approves them at all.

Watch out for these types of firms.

BrandonToday, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  13. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt if any of the blogger is reporting or mark your comment as spammer, then it will affect your SERP. Blog commenting is good to be used when your website have strong enough backlink

lifeplayer, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  14. chillingbreeze

chillingbreeze Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you're looking for cheap SEO, you can't expect very good results. Blog commenting is the least preferred method specially when you do it with exact anchor text links. Now when you're hit with some penalty or ranking drop, you may want to build some quality links and replace these shady link stuff. As soon as your new quality links get indexed, you should start coming up in search. I didn't have a look at your website but would recommend so a website health check up to make sure it's great for user point of view as well.

Prefer using Guest posts, high end press release and a couple of authority sites for article publishing like Infobarrel, Examiner etc. It's okay to build few links but of high quality. Number definitely counts but quality comes first.

chillingbreeze, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  15. blossom2347

blossom2347 Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't just pull top make links and links without taking in account of the relevancy factor.

blossom2347, Feb 10, 2012 IP