1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Local Monthly Searches / Alexa Rank

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by lovetospooge, Feb 8, 2012.

Hi,

I'm doing some research on a new site I want to start, the keyword gets 9,900 [Exact] Google local monthly searches. The first four sites ranking for that keyword has an Alexa rank of above 1 Million, how is that possible. They should surely have a better Alexa rank with than amount of traffic? I'm asking because I don't want to start the site and don't get any traffic when my site gets to page one, but it doesn't make any sense, Google says that the keyword gets 9,900 searches. How can the sites ranking for the keyword have such a high Alexa rank? ​

lovetospooge, Feb 8, 2012 IP
  2. J.P

J.P Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Alexa rank is not a good tool to use when looking at these things. It only records data from users who have the tool bar installed and with a few programs you can spoof the Alexa rank.

9900 searchs a month is only around 330 visitors a day (based on a 30 day month) which is not many. I have sites getting 2,000 visitors a day and only have a alexa ranking of a Million plus.

J.P, Feb 8, 2012 IP
    mridu likes this.
  3. localnumberone

localnumberone Peon

Best Answers:
    All depends upon SEO efforts, As you said Google shows the search volume 9900, it does not effect on the keyword ranking. Keep doing SEO work, you will definitely get top ranking.

localnumberone, Feb 8, 2012 IP